Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

DHS D40+ to Be Released in April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 9:44am
I have seen some actual measurement of spin, but it was done "a long time ago" so it wouldn't compare to the new plasttic ball.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 11:55am
Yes, I have seen measurements in papers on sports science from the 38 mm era.  It is not easy, you need a really fancy camera.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 12:31pm
Not about the new ball but this video (@11:40) talks about amateur players serving and how they compare to ex CNT player in speed and spin through a high speed camera. Hopefully someone can do the same test with the new balls in the future. 

Edited by TurboZ - 05/20/2017 at 12:32pm
igorponger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 6:17pm
ABS plastic --stony, springy, uncontrolable ...

The sport has now changed disteressengly since the ABS plastic came up in play recently. ... Accurate, controllable play is almost impossible with the stiff plastic.   We expect the international competitive sport to eventually become a mere farce, dreary spectacle to make all the tv-viewers and table tennis fans unhappy..,
ABS plastic causes the many hasty rallies with lapses alot,   very poor spectacle.   VERY POOR SPECTACLE. A rally only lasts three strokes.

Edited by igorponger - 05/21/2017 at 9:13pm
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 10:19am

Latest World Championships

Dima (DO) & Lubo

Broke 3 Nittaku Premium plastic balls in 6 game match

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 05/31/2017 at 10:20am
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 5:11pm
Got 72 balls. Good bounce spin. Quality control sucks 2 out 10 are payable. Wooby and not round. The batch i got was from tabletennis11 2 weeks ago. Really disappointed. When i tried D40+ in the last Korean open they were phenomenal like nittaku premium.
What a shame they don't sell these.
Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC.S FL
Tenergy 05/2.1-FH 80/2.1-BH
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Got 72 balls. Good bounce spin. Quality control sucks 2 out 10 are payable. Wooby and not round. The batch i got was from tabletennis11 2 weeks ago. Really disappointed. When i tried D40+ in the last Korean open they were phenomenal like nittaku premium.

Did you get the 10 pack from TT11?  Cause TT11 doesnt sell 72 pack, TTNPP does.

I was thinking of also ordering the 10 pack from TT11 but they are priced about the same as the XSF 6 pack per ball.
Samsonov Stratus Carbon AN 81g
Evolution EL-S 2.2mm
Just a touch of booster
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2017 at 1:52am
Yes sorry i got 8 x 10 from tabletennis11.
Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC.S FL
Tenergy 05/2.1-FH 80/2.1-BH
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2017 at 11:47am
I got my Donic P40+ *** and practice balls yesterday. I have just come back from training where we tested them with next season in mind. This season we played 2/3 of the time with the old DHS *** and the team I am in switched to Joola Flash for the last 5 home matches. Our other teams kept on playing with the old ball.

I bought a box of 3 P40+ balls and a box of 6 training balls. We did a spin test on the three *** and none of them were perfectly round but they were okay.

We tested them against the G40+, Joola Flash, Tibhar seamless and the Nittaku Premium. Four of us played doubles with them for an hour, changing the ball after every set.

We soon found out that all of us individually took a dislike to the seamless balls very quickly. Our main concern was that they are extremely difficult to keep low in the short game, impossible to serve short with and the game is overly simple, meaning that you can punish less tight balls immediately, wherever you want. In other words, it is very easy to win points without getting into rallies. The Tibhar was even worse so we ruled out both of them after playing 5-5 sets with each.

I am writing the following based on the allegation / assumption that the D40+ is rebranded as P40+.

Now comes the pleasant part: the P40+ is very good to play with. To my surprise, it is a lot better than the Nittaku Premium. I know many forumers say that the DHS D40+ can be used interchangeably with the Nittaku Premium but I found that to be not quite true. Each of us was disgusted by the slightly worn (meaning: used for 5 hours) NP40+. It just bounces differently, takes spin differently. The P40 is a lot better and cheaper too.
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Now
comes the pleasant part: the P40+ is very good to play with. To my
surprise, it is a lot better than the Nittaku Premium. I know many
forumers say that the DHS D40+ can be used interchangeably with the
Nittaku Premium but I found that to be not quite true. Each of us was
disgusted by the slightly worn (meaning: used for 5 hours) NP40+. It
just bounces differently, takes spin differently. The P40 is a lot
better and cheaper too.

+1

After using the D40+ for the past 2 months, I prefer it to the NP40+. D40+ feels harder than NP40+ and is very consistent through the life of the ball.

Used NP40+ react very differently from a new one. I practice with someone who has a bag full of NP40+ for practice. The bag has many balls of various age. The bounce variation is quite large between old and new balls.

Considering the price, it is a no brainer to prefer the D40+ over NP40+.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2017 at 2:17pm
Yes. I agree with last two posts. The D40 and NP40 are most similar when they are new but D40 stays good a lot longer.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2017 at 2:35pm
Japanese cars - 60s = junk, 80s = the shit

Chinese balls - 2014 = crap, 2017 = gem
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2017 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Japanese cars - 60s = junk, 80s = the shit

Chinese balls - 2014 = crap, 2017 = gem

The 60's Toyota FJ40 was quite good and reliable. They are still in use today.
(Blade-FH-BH)
-BBC 1 ply Cypress 10mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-Rasanter R50 Max
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2017 at 3:21pm
This ball is of high quality, i admit, and haven't seen many disagree. But there is more than that.

The ball has a much higher drag in the air. It is very frustrating to use vs blockers or away-from-table choppers. It reduces the ADVANTAGE OF SKILL. 

It is not that close to Nittaku. NP40+ has much better spin and speed retention and better penetrating power.

But G40 is the best ball, if price is not a concern. Yeah. A bullet.
wanhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2017 at 10:35pm
Waiting to try out..ordered 3.50 USD per 10 D40+ online...
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2017 at 7:11am
Someone who actually like the G40+?    I don't think anyone at my club has liked any of the Butterfly balls (well, to be fear, the didn't like the G40+, and the hated the last Butterfly ball, and noone used them on any tournaments around here.) I think i will need to buy/borrow a high speed camera to compare spin between the different balls. At my club we went for double fish 1 star as training balls (ok roundness, cheap and the are durable) the D40+ 1 star was horrible compare to the awsome 3 star balls.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2017 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

I went through a good number of the 100 balls I have....I did not find one to be any different than another with roundness. 

I wonder what your description of "unplayable" is?  

And are their possibly factory seconds dumped on overseas sellers with the new D40?   That would not be good and I cant imagine that happening especially just after release.   
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2017 at 11:51am
Originally posted by henningf henningf wrote:

Someone who actually like the G40+?    I don't think anyone at my club has liked any of the Butterfly balls (well, to be fear, the didn't like the G40+, and the hated the last Butterfly ball, and noone used them on any tournaments around here.) I think i will need to buy/borrow a high speed camera to compare spin between the different balls. At my club we went for double fish 1 star as training balls (ok roundness, cheap and the are durable) the D40+ 1 star was horrible compare to the awsome 3 star balls.

Strangely enough, we liked the G40+ when we tested the P40+ on Thursday. This is strange because we absolutely hated the G40+ when we first tried it ... and when we tried it again.

We are giving it another round of testing next week to see if it was just an illusion Big smile

Edited by Hans Regenkurt - 06/04/2017 at 11:51am
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2017 at 12:03pm
Interesting reviews.

Edited by zeio - 06/04/2017 at 12:05pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
igorponger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2017 at 8:07pm
In the mid 70"s Dunlop International manufacturer offered some novelty balls of ABS material and it was generally rejected due to impaired controllability and stony feeling.
   Keep a dress seven years and it will come back in vogue ??     
Fedex78 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2017 at 12:28pm
Finally I had the chance to try those D40+!
I played with them for 8 hours.
They are very good balls, solid and predictable rebound, good roundness, durability so far ok, and they take spin!
Very different from NP40+ from any point of view and most important to me on spin department. They will probably be the choice of my team for next season.
JP01 FH
Animus MARS7
JP03 BH
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2017 at 1:31pm
I got a 10 pack D40+ for about $5. The first ball was fine, it was solid and durable, play pretty similar to NP 40+, noticeably less spin but it's acceptable. The second ball was different, it's very heavy, I don't have a scale to weigh it but many of my shots and my practice partners' went into the net, especially flat blocking and loop drive. At first, I thought it was just a bad day when my feeling is gone but then I realized my partners also had the same problem. And most of them also noticed that.

The current 40+ ball situation is a disaster. Every time I play tournaments, I have to play balls from different brands and they are too different from each other. Sometimes it's too hard to adjust.

Edited by balldance - 06/15/2017 at 1:31pm
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2017 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by balldance balldance wrote:

I got a 10 pack D40+ for about $5. The first ball was fine, it was solid and durable, play pretty similar to NP 40+, noticeably less spin but it's acceptable. The second ball was different, it's very heavy, I don't have a scale to weigh it but many of my shots and my practice partners' went into the net, especially flat blocking and loop drive. At first, I thought it was just a bad day when my feeling is gone but then I realized my partners also had the same problem. And most of them also noticed that.

Are you sure you purchased 3* balls and not 1*?

On aliexpress, the cheapest price I see today for a 10 pack of 3* balls is $7.99.

10 packs of 1* balls are about $5.

The D40+ 3* balls I have used have been very consistent.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2017 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Fedex78 Fedex78 wrote:

Very different from NP40+ from any point of view and most important to me on spin department. They will probably be the choice of my team for next season.

These are my thoughts exactly.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2017 at 2:32pm

Watching ITTF Argentina Junior Open today live now, Ball used Btfly G40+ doesn't appear to have the bounce consistency of the DHS D40+.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2017 at 3:21pm
The main things i dont like about G40+ are relative lack of ball arc in air and ball tends to slide sometimes rather than bounce. It is worse in humid conditions and sound is weird. But it seems consistent when I use them, which is not often. I dont use them if I have any choice but they are better than cellulose acetate-- a low bar to cross but still...
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 5:17pm
My pack of 10 DHS balls arrived from China this morning. I just came back from training where we tried them out.

I was surprised to find out that the Donic P40+ is not identical to the DHS 40D+ provided the Chinese source sold me genuine balls. The Donic ones are legit.

The P40+ balls are snow  white while the DHS ones have a yellowish white colour. We did a blind test with a Donic that has about 5 hours's use in it and a brand new DHS. I do not know how the mileage played into the blind test but everybody noticed two things: the DHS ball is faster and more consistent than the Donic. The test result was that everyone liked the DHS better without knowing what the other ball was. Even when they just hit with it they liked it.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 9:14pm
Very interesting.  Another possibility is that the Donic is a re-branded Double Fish ABS ball.  Next Level has tried some of those and I have not but he noted that they are different from the DHS D40+.  Clearly if the color is not quite the same, they are not the same ball. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Very interesting.  Another possibility is that the Donic is a re-branded Double Fish ABS ball.  Next Level has tried some of those and I have not but he noted that they are different from the DHS D40+.  Clearly if the color is not quite the same, they are not the same ball. 

Very possible. Sounds quite correct. The DFish balls are whiter and while consistent, also have some acetatish features likely by design. Definitely whiter than the D40+. Might do pictures when I return home.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2017 at 12:41pm
I have D40+ and V40+ (one and three star of both). Neither are what I would consider "bright white" (V40+ is a tad lighter in color). The double fish one star training balls are (in my eyes) better than the one star DHS. (more consistent in roundness) the "best" ball is the DHS 3 star.

I haven't seen the new donic ball, I have only tried the old one that brakes if you look at it the wrong way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
  Share Topic