Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

DHS D40+ to Be Released in April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS D40+ to Be Released in April
    Posted: 03/25/2016 at 1:34pm
Made of something other than cellulose acetate, DHS claims this new ball is probably the world's roundest.  It is said to be made with a different process and the material is bouncier.  One-star ball will reach the market first. Seamed.

Update: Fixed link.

Edited by zeio - 11/28/2016 at 8:28pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 5:08pm
My hope is that it's a Nittaku premium clone c
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 5:40pm
Looking at the patent applications, I guess it is safe to assume that to be the case as injection molding is involved.

There are two specific patent applications, one on the injection molding, and one on the joining of the two half spheres.  The first one avoids any mention of the material(to dodge from Nittaku lawsuit?), whereas the second one mentions ultrasonic welding, which is exactly the same as the Nittaku's method.

DHS, you suck!  First you screwed up the seamless ball that was promised, then you backtracked to seamed but since you couldn't back out you came up with that cellulose acetate crap and now you outright plagiarize Nittaku?

Well, there is actually a third patent application, which was applied the earliest and with nearly the same title and content as the latter one on the injection molding.  It does mention the material, which is practically the same as cellulose acetate, but in the news it is clearly stated not the one used for the new ball.  Mamma mia!

Edited by zeio - 03/25/2016 at 6:19pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Looking at the patent application, I guess it is safe to assume that to be case as injection molding is involved.

Right now I much prefer WD40 over DHS 40.
The Canadian Bacon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Canadian Bacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 7:15pm
*available April*

i wonder if it will be in play at the North America Olympic Qualifier in Markham, Ontario Canada come April 8th?

I guess i will find out on that day!

Tables: Double Fish Blue

Balls: Double Fish 40+ *** White

Floor: Tinsue Floor Blue

source:ITTF NA Oly Q prospectus

Edited by The Canadian Bacon - 03/25/2016 at 7:19pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 7:20pm
No, as it says only 1-star balls will be available at first.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Canadian Bacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 7:25pm

No, as it says only 1-star balls will be available at first.

well the Bty G40+ was made available for events first while not making it to market Wink
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 8:30pm

SURPLUS POSTING UNWANTED. EXPELLED.

Edited by igorponger - 03/29/2016 at 4:25am
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2016 at 2:45pm
NO MORE OF BOOSTING
OIL BOOSTING IS A NASTY FRAUDULENCE TO BE EXPELLED once and for all..
NIR SPECTROSCOPY CAN HELP OUT.

You, friends, do appear getting over-enthusiastic over the new DHS plastic D40+.   DHS is quite different material from Nittaku"s, Diacetate Cellulose is a crude material, not the ABS.
"D" capital letter now seen in the marking is just an index for "Deodorized".
Plastic Ball quality and durability no problem any more, most balls now play wery well, just in line with all the T3 technical specifications..   Most players have now got well satisfied with the DHS competition balls.
I am so glad the sport chemistry doing so well to develope a better plastic formula never seen before.

=====================

Part 2.
GOING TO BE OF SPECIAL INTEREST FOR A READER VERSED OF ELEMENTARY SPECTROSCOPY.

PROBLEM NO. 1. STILL UNSOLVED.

Regretfully, we have now got an Army of players to abuse the illegal chemical liquids proliferated into the sport all over..
Those overwhelming raise of Oil Boost illegalities is now getting a real hazard upon our sport, some black plague to corrupt our sport throughout.

SCiO in action

SCIO spectrometer can instantly revial all the hidden oily compounds incorporated into the sponge, other than those having got polymerized.   A special mobile application has to be written using the SCiO Developer Kit, web-based builder, programming guidance for the spectrometry works.   

PRELIMINARY WORKS: All the liquid materials (oil compounds, hydrocarbones, etc.) known to be used as a booster have to be scanned manually so as to make up a reference Spectrum Library comprehensive.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
So exciting spectroscopy applications forthcoming, so awarding efforts for the good of our sport.   BOOSTING? NEVER MORE.

DEDICATION.
Players of real honour, Timo Boll and Mizutaney Jun, my dear playmates, let me dedicate this anti-boost inquisitons to both of you in person. Honesty is the best policy. Better safe than sorry. Yes.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2016 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

NO MORE OF BOOSTING
OIL BOOSTING IS A NASTY FRAUDULENCE TO BE EXPELLED once and for all..
NIR SPECTROSCOPY CAN HELP OUT.

You, friends, do appear getting over-enthusiastic over the new DHS plastic D40+.   DHS is quite different material from Nittaku"s, Diacetate Cellulose is a crude material, not the ABS.
"D" capital letter now seen in the marking is just an index for "Deodorized".
Plastic Ball quality and durability no problem any more, most balls now play wery well, just in line with all the T3 technical specifications..   Most players have now got well satisfied with the DHS competition balls.
I am so glad the sport chemistry doing so well to develope a better plastic formula never seen before.

=====================

Part 2.
GOING TO BE OF SPECIAL INTEREST FOR A READER VERSED OF ELEMENTARY SPECTROSCOPY.

PROBLEM NO. 1. STILL UNSOLVED.

Regretfully, we have now got an Army of players to abuse the illegal chemical liquids proliferated into the sport all over..
Those overwhelming raise of Oil Boost illegalities is now getting a real hazard upon our sport, some black plague to corrupt our sport throughout.

SCiO in action

SCIO spectrometer can instantly revial all the hidden oily compounds incorporated into the sponge, other than those having got polymerized.   A special mobile application has to be written using the SCiO Developer Kit, web-based builder, programming guidance for the spectrometry works.   

PRELIMINARY WORKS: All the liquid materials (oil compounds, hydrocarbones, etc.) known to be used as a booster have to be scanned manually so as to make up a reference Spectrum Library comprehensive.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
So exciting spectroscopy applications forthcoming, so awarding efforts for the good of our sport.   BOOSTING? NEVER MORE.

DEDICATION.
Players of real honour, Timo Boll and Mizutaney Jun, my dear playmates, let me dedicate this anti-boost inquisitons to both of you in person. Honesty is the best policy. Better safe than sorry. Yes.

Then russian table tennis must shutdown, russian players must start a career in hockey or chess
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2016 at 12:00pm
Igor

No need to post the same mostly off-topic stuff (about boosting) twice (in a thread on balls).

Also, you might want to go read a bit more on analytical chemistry before getting too excited.
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2016 at 12:15pm
This page tried to serve me flash content - malware?
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2016 at 5:28pm
Woohoo!  From my own research, Nittaku has loaned a large sum of money from the bank to fund the research of the new ball and patented the technology in an attempt to safeguard the investment, only to teach China how to make a ball.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2016 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

This page tried to serve me flash content - malware?

+1
4x Hallmark Carbon Extreme
FH: T64 and Similar
BH: Nothing Helps
PointEngineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PointEngineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 12:59pm
Rounder than Nittaku Premium 40+...I have only found these so far to always be 100% perfectly round so far (perhaps just lucky).  I would not be able to notice any rounder!  XSF and other seamed ones are often far from round. I get at best approx 50% round enough XSFs for example.
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 2:00pm
NP40 and G40 are both perfectly round. I abandoned XSF and i regret buying so many of them. The are often not round and the simply do not fly well as the other two balls. They dissipate energy too quickly and lose spin and speed and the trajectory is not as stable. 

I want to confirm the findings of someone else who posted pictures here: the G40 WILL get a dent if you hit an edge. The ball is still perfectly playable, but if it bounces exactly on the dent, the bounce will be funny. I have now too many balls that are not that old but have dents and I don't want to use them in good matches. I don't want to throw them either, so I use them in matches where i don't care. A NEW G40 is just pure pleasure to play with, sound does not bother me at all.

But NP40 does not have the dent problem and sound is classic and i don't get every single fool who passes by my table tell me my ball is broken. 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 2:23pm
A year ago Nittaku uploaded two videos showing the world their balls are the closest to celluloid balls.

Comparison 1: Nittaku Plastic vs Nittaku Celluloid
Comparison 2: Company A Plastic vs Nittaku Celluloid
Comparison 3: Company A Plastic vs Nittaku Plastic

Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

NP40 and G40 are both perfectly round. I abandoned XSF and i regret buying so many of them. The are often not round and the simply do not fly well as the other two balls. They dissipate energy too quickly and lose spin and speed and the trajectory is not as stable. 

I want to confirm the findings of someone else who posted pictures here: the G40 WILL get a dent if you hit an edge. The ball is still perfectly playable, but if it bounces exactly on the dent, the bounce will be funny. I have now too many balls that are not that old but have dents and I don't want to use them in good matches. I don't want to throw them either, so I use them in matches where i don't care. A NEW G40 is just pure pleasure to play with, sound does not bother me at all.

But NP40 does not have the dent problem and sound is classic and i don't get every single fool who passes by my table tell me my ball is broken. 

I agree with pretty much all of this, especially with some XSF I have gotten more recently.  These days I use XSF only for multiballs.  The only thing I would add is that I find G40 to be harder to play with once they age a bit and get even shinier and smoother.

I absolutely prefer NP40 much more than other balls.  So if DHS has found a way to clone it, I am happy.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 4:52pm
Anyone has some news about this? I am curios to try it out myself but in spite of the promises I have not heard that they are selling it already.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 5:30pm
Nothing, absolutely nothing.  Nittaku suing the ass out of DHS, perhaps?
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 5:57pm

A year ago Nittaku uploaded two videos showing the world their balls are the closest to celluloid balls.

Comparison 1: Nittaku Plastic vs Nittaku Celluloid
Comparison 2: Company A Plastic vs Nittaku Celluloid
Comparison 3: Company A Plastic vs Nittaku Plastic

At about the same time I did a fair bit of testing that confirmed that the NP40+ bounce on a static drop test is the same as for celluloid balls.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Gambler Zebra Classic w/ Dr. Evil
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 6:34pm
Actually this test is quite misleading, as the NP40+ is heavier it should bounce more, not less than regular NP40 to be equal.  In play I find the NP40+ less dynamic, as it takes more effort to produce the same speed and trajectory than the regular NP40.

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Actually this test is quite misleading, as the NP40+ is heavier it should bounce more, not less than regular NP40 to be equal.  In play I find the NP40+ less dynamic, as it takes more effort to produce the same speed and trajectory than the regular NP40.

I think that may be more of an aerodynamics issue than a weight issue.  But yes, I prefer the dynamic characteristics of the seamless ball over the NP40+ because its higher bounce compensates for the slower ball flight.  I also think it feels more like celluloid on a hardbat.  

That said, the NP40+ is consistently rounder and I think it is a tad smaller.  And it does feel "dead" to me. I have to work really hard to play an aggressive hardbat game with the NP40+ - that or use a faster blade/rubber combo.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Gambler Zebra Classic w/ Dr. Evil
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 9:31pm

Nothing, absolutely nothing.  Nittaku suing the ass out of DHS, perhaps?

One wonders.
smackman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 11:50pm
Even if made foe sale now it could be several months before they will show up as distributors will need to sell old stock first
Ulmo Duality,tibhar 5Q sound black, Dtechs grass ox red
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2016 at 1:55am
Pictures were released on a news site but nothing on the streets.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2016 at 9:37am
I hope they put it out soon. I am starting to get used to plastic now that I have spent the last four sessions or so with it. Actually, I sometimes dislike celluloid now though it sounds pervy to say that.

However, I had the opportunity to hit with NP40 and it was the least enjoyable of all to me. It feels dead indeed and when I am away from the table and try to lob a smash back it will just fall of my rubber and this is something that none of the other plastic balls do.

So it would be helpful to see if the new DHS will be similar to the NP40 and if so, I will think about using XSF.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2016 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I hope they put it out soon. I am starting to get used to plastic now that I have spent the last four sessions or so with it. Actually, I sometimes dislike celluloid now though it sounds pervy to say that.

However, I had the opportunity to hit with NP40 and it was the least enjoyable of all to me. It feels dead indeed and when I am away from the table and try to lob a smash back it will just fall of my rubber and this is something that none of the other plastic balls do.

So it would be helpful to see if the new DHS will be similar to the NP40 and if so, I will think about using XSF.

I also tend to prefer plastic now, as long as it is XSF or NP40+.  Most people like the NP40, though.  Give it another try.   A lot of table tennis is getting accustomed to something. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Canadian Bacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2016 at 3:05pm
being used in The Croatian Open
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2016 at 3:56pm
(Baal)  A lot of table tennis is getting accustomed to something.

This is self-evident, but it nevertheless bears repeating  So let's repeat it:  "a lot of table tennis is getting accustomed to something."

First, you gotta get accustomed to the rig you use (that is, blade and rubber(s) combination).  Then you gotta get accustomed to the booster you choose.  Then you gotta get used to that awful feeling once your rubber bottoms out.  Then, if you can't get used to all of this, you are going to have to get used to another blade and rubber and booster combination.  And then you gotta get accustomed to the blade and rubber(s) and possibly booster combination your opponent du jour uses, which may change for the same reason your choice of blade and rubber(s) and booster changes.

The same applies to you Dark Siders.  If your long pips or anti- aren't working right, you're going to have to go to another brand of hopefully more effective long pips or anti-.  Too much of this, whether you're a Dark Sider or a Looping Fool, is referred to in table tennis parlance as EJing.

In addition, there is the 40+ mm. ball, which may very from club to club and tournament to tournament, is manufactured by a myriad of manufacturers (for example Nittaku, Butterfly, Double Happiness, Double Fish, Joola, etc., etc., et-friggin'-c.) and which can vary considerably in roundability, bounceability, playability, spinability, and counterspinability.

And if that were not enough, you're going to have to become accustomed to any new changes the ITTF chooses to make to the sport, such as raising the net, putting more composite stuff in rackets, allowing all composite rackets (hell other racket sports have used 'em for years), and either simplifying the service rules so that a reasonably intelligent three-year-old can understand them or further complicating them so that even a rocket scientist hasn't the foggiest idea how to interpret them.

Good luck, gang.  You've chosen to play one of the craziest sports incompetence married to lackadaisicality has yet to come up with.   Relax if you can, but remember this elevator doesn't stop at all floors.

Edited by berndt_mann - 05/25/2016 at 4:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
  Share Topic