Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

infinity vps VS intensity NCT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: infinity vps VS intensity NCT
    Posted: 03/29/2016 at 11:01am
Hello,
Can anyone compare these 2 stiga blades in terms of feeling, versatility, ability to produce spin specially on the first topspin , blocking capacity, shortgame ..

I'm about to buy one of these but i'm a bit confused by some aspects :
- quality issue with top layer of the infinity
- scared of the hardness of the walnut on the intensity
- thickness of the infinity seems to be quite important (al cr wrb user)

If anyone has ever played with the 2 blades it would be very helpful.

Thanks for your income
Sponsored Links

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2016 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by elgaro elgaro wrote:

Hello,
Can anyone compare these 2 stiga blades in terms of feeling, versatility, ability to produce spin specially on the first topspin , blocking capacity, shortgame ..

I'm about to buy one of these but i'm a bit confused by some aspects :
- quality issue with top layer of the infinity
- scared of the hardness of the walnut on the intensity
- thickness of the infinity seems to be quite important (al cr wrb user)

If anyone has ever played with the 2 blades it would be very helpful.

Thanks for your income

I have both, but did not play to compare them side by side. For me the Infinity seems hollow, it could be because of the hard diamond coat, but very then top plies, and a thick softer CORE, it could be because my Infinity is defect as well, as the Top plies comes off when I peel the rubbers off for change. Over all I did not like my Infinity at all. A much better player at my club bought one at the same time with me (we bought together), sold his for a loss after 1 session.

The Intensity oth is a very good blade for me, a little stiff for a 5-plies all wood blade, but it's very easy to play. I like it better than the Ebv, and the Emerald that I also have. I highly recommend the Intensity.
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 6:06am
I haven't tried the Intensity (I really liked the Intesity Carbon but I suppose they're quite different). I played the Infinity once and actually liked it although it was a lighter one (83 g), there is enough speed and spin potential and the overall feeling with harder ESN rubbers was good.
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 6:22am
Thank you for that, very useful. Lots of troubles with the infinity, it's a shame 'coz it seems to be a good blade though. 
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 7:34am
Haven't used the Intensity, so can't compare the two blades.
But I just want to add that I really love my Infinity blade and I haven't experienced the horror-stories that go around. It pairs well with both hard as soft rubbers. 
Speed-control balance of the Infinity is very good (at least for me).
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 8:17am
Did you sealed your blade p1ngp0ng3r?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 9:28am
Originally posted by elgaro elgaro wrote:

Did you sealed your blade p1ngp0ng3r?

No, I never seal my blades. And I reglued my Infinity about 10-12 times already. No splintering and the outerlayer is still firmly attached to the rest of the blade. ;)
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 3:13pm
no issues with my infinity splintering either. Really good blade for an aggressive near the table spin oriented game acc to me.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 3:50pm
would you advice to get.a heavy or a light one ?
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2016 at 4:19pm
depends on yua personal preference. A heavier infinity would be my preference.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 5:09am
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

I love heavy Infinities. I've three. 
My all time favourite.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 5:14am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

My all time favourite.

Good to have three.  You never know when they might spontaneously explode in a shower of wood chips.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 5:21am

My all time favourite.

Are you sure you've still got three?  When was the last time you checked?  You could have two and a small pile of sawdust by now.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 5:25am
The last time I ordered an Infinity, this is what it looked like when I opened the box:

I tried a handful of Infinity shavings at a training session but it was much too soft and flexible.  Would suit a defender more IMO.

(I'm done)
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 9:43am
so nobody has played with the 2 blades ?
tss i guess yoguibear did ?!! come on boy...
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

My all time favourite.

Good to have three.  You never know when they might spontaneously explode in a shower of wood chips.

I have three because I replace them often due to water glue. 
I have never had splinters on Infinity but a friend of mine had. He doesn't know how to remove rubbers. 
I detached the other rubber without splintering...
The truth is that Infinity is NOT the most durable blade in the World!

Edited by Stavros - 03/31/2016 at 10:06am
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2016 at 4:44am
What about the thickness of the 2 blades? Infinity seems to be quite thick, like a clipper (~6mm), so this may be an issue for me, while the intensity seems to be more on the off classic side 5.5mm.

How thick is yours (blade speaking!)

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2016 at 2:08pm
Infinity vps V is stiff at low and medium power, and then suddenly flexes at high power. as a result you get very unpredictable throw in loops and especially in counterloops.  when you try to control your countterloop just a bit, you get low throw and go to net. very difficult to get used to. rosewood V and Ebenholz V do not have this problem. It is very puzzling to me why they did what they did with Infinity. It is also a rather slow blade, even for an all wood (for example, much slower than dhs PG2 and PG3) so it is not clear to me why it exists.

PS: the thickness of infinity is about 5.6mm, less than clipper.

Edited by seguso - 04/02/2016 at 2:10pm
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2016 at 3:41pm
Agreed with what seguso said about the way the infinity plays. I still like it, though I do agree that it isn't a forgiving blade and will punish small errors. I like it paired with something like mxp, t05, rakza 7 etc.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2016 at 12:40pm
Beetween the 2 blades which one would give the heavier ball?
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2016 at 12:43pm
The Infinity is normally about 6+ mm seguso, could you have had a bad one?
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2016 at 3:16am
Bran, I can't measure accurately, but my Infinity is exactly as thick as my Offensive wood Nct, and much thinner than my clippers. In fact; I bought it just because I read it was a faster version of offensive nct.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2016 at 3:20am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Bran, I can't measure accurately, but my Infinity is exactly as thick as my Offensive wood Nct, and much thinner than my clippers. In fact; I bought it just because I read it was a faster version of offensive nct.

here's a picture of infinity and clipper side by side:

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2016 at 10:02am

Infinity vps V is stiff at low and medium power, and then suddenly flexes at high power. as a result you get very unpredictable throw in loops and especially in counterloops.  when you try to control your countterloop just a bit, you get low throw and go to net. very difficult to get used to. rosewood V and Ebenholz V do not have this problem. It is very puzzling to me why they did what they did with Infinity. It is also a rather slow blade, even for an all wood (for example, much slower than dhs PG2 and PG3) so it is not clear to me why it exists.

PS: the thickness of infinity is about 5.6mm, less than clipper.

Infinity with T05, is the the only blade that reminds me Stiga blade of the 80's with speed glued Sriver. 
Much better than Ebenholz and Rosewood , for me.
I've three Infinity, 6.0mm. Weights are 86,86 and 87gr.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2016 at 1:20pm

here's a picture of infinity and clipper side by side:

I think the intensity is the new clipper very popular among top chinese
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2016 at 10:38pm
infinity seems to be springy so not very appropriate for blocks.
does the intensity feel stiffer ? what about blocking with the 2 blades ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2016 at 3:42am
The newly announced Eternity VPS (available in May) is very close to both blades. (slightly faster)
Before you decide to go for Infinity or Intensity, perhaps wait a couple of weeks for the reviews on the Eternity VPS.
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2016 at 6:46am
Yeah, eternity seems interesting as well. The thing is that i'm in love with the infinty's design despite all the QC issues. 
By the way, will the infinity be produced with the new stiga  metal tag?
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2016 at 6:49am
You would be pretty much paying 100€ more just for that metal tag. :P
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
elgaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elgaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2016 at 8:52am
100€ for the intfinity with the metal tag ? they 're kidding or what ! right now you can get the blade for less than 50e . !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic