Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

is bryce effective w/o speed glu???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crizKyr729 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crizKyr729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is bryce effective w/o speed glu???
    Posted: 08/05/2006 at 10:38pm
i'm using h3 2.0, but now i'm thinking of using bryce but w/o the hassel of using speed glu...i'm not reali an offensive type im more lyk the allround type, any comments pls??? wil this be a good idea?
Sponsored Links

bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2006 at 10:53pm
its fine without speed glue but it definately plays way better with glue
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 12:42am
Without speedglue you might as well get something else like F1, F2 or Tango. Or you could get the powersponge version.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 10:52am
If you are not glueing I think that Bryce is a waste of money. I havenet even tried it myself, but it is claimed to be a rubber that needs speedglue. Besides if you are not all out off, then perhaps you shoul lokk for the Yaska New era? Its supposed to be a none glue rubber. I Think that they have glued the sponge and the topsheet togheter in expanded mode. Its a bit slower then Bryce but with the same amount of spin and little better control (According to rating, that is). Also, its only half the money...
The holy grail
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 11:19am

yes . . .  tensioned rubbers are a good alterntive as well.  Or Rubbers with very springy sponge like Donic F-series rubbers.

But Bryce and especially Bryce FX feels better speed glued.  Bryce can be used without but feels a little lifeless.  Like without that pop/crack it can have.  So does FX.  FX defintely needs that help of speedglue.  It needs that added tension and speed that glue adds.  And without it the ball, as well, doesn't spring off a swing as crisply as it could.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 5:58pm
If you are an "allround type" of player you probably shouldn't be using Bryce (either glued or unglued) - Bryce is most suitable for Off+ game.

If you don't want to glue anymore but like the feeling of glued rubbers, you could try rubbers built in glue effect (e.g. Donic Desto series or Joola Tango).  Another rubber you could consider is Stiga Magna, very spinny, slightly tacky rubber that plays quite well without speed glue.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
paracite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paracite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 7:23pm
Yeah, Bryce is pretty much only fast without speed glue. Doesn't have much spin to it without speed glue.

ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 8:29pm
Hey paracite,

Is that star on your blade copied from Peco in the Ping Pong movie?
Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
paracite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paracite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ppgear ppgear wrote:

Hey paracite,

Is that star on your blade copied from Peco in the Ping Pong movie?

LOL! How did you know? Mine is different though, I cut into my cork and dripped candle wax into it, giving a weird effect.

adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 9:43pm

without Speed glue, it is still a very fast and spinny rubber.

Although there are cheaper rubber that can perform like bryce ( for a short while, they dont last ). Bryce can last very much longer than them. In long run, I think bryce is worth more.

bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 10:32pm
try nittaku hammond x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic