Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally, copy of Joo-Sae-Hyuk 95%

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally, copy of Joo-Sae-Hyuk 95%
    Posted: 04/22/2016 at 9:17am
Th is real, if you dont believe it, watch and judge, the serve, the flat hitting, lobbing under table, FGH attack, and fierce backhand loop/flat hit, just like Joo Sae-hyuk.\
A Modern day gem from SVK,

Darker Speed OEM 10mm Jpen
FH:Beijing Swords
RPB:Tenergy 05 2.1
Sponsored Links

notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 11:13am
He seems to be sponsored by BTY. Any idea which FH/BH rubbers he chose? T64 like Joo?
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 11:20am
Nah, This guy is too stiff in his chopping. This chinese guy can never be near Joo's standard or achieve what joo has achieved in his career. Saw him play Chinese Super league, cant do shit there. His forehand chopping skills are poor. 
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 11:45am
Is he a JSH copycat used in CNT training?
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 11:51am
If he was, he wouldn't be in svk.
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

+1 , don't get me wrong good player but not even close to 95% to Joo , maybe 20% for the same blade, another 20% for the FH rubber.

Edited by Chopper88 - 04/22/2016 at 12:19pm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 12:29pm
the chopper is ok, no where close to JSH as other people commented.  He doesn't "brush" chop loops much, all I see is just a simple and flat chop.  His chops are nowhere as spinny as Joo's chops.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 1:09pm
Guys, give him a break, he is like U21 from SVK. So the 95% maybe we need to compare them when the year in TT is equal.  What I am saying is that you did see a lot of JSH in him, right.  If he continues to stay on this route and improve, anything is possible.
(I wonder if he studied so much JSH video, because  the more you look at him play, the more you see JSH)
And the interesting thing is , more towards the end of game, he get warmed up and finished last game like 11-5!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 1:12pm
@egghead, I like you theory about someone like this had been used to train CNT players, so how many CNT player lost to Joo Se-Hyuk before?
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 2:14pm

+10Wink

I follow him for years and he has 50% of Joo's power in the forehand, a poor chopping efficiency in the forehand (he often misses while the opponent gives him a non spin ball), a typical defender backhand service while Joo serves most of the time with forehand and has more variation....

And of course, he hasn't achieved a tenth of Joo's results in big tournaments and he is not 18 Y/O.

Wang is a good player but among the defensive players, he is behind Joo, Filus, Chen....

Edited by kakapo - 04/22/2016 at 2:16pm
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 8:10pm
Just my opinion but he seems almost nothing like Joo. Having similar mannerisms is not equal to playing the same. 
<3
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

+10Wink

I follow him for years and he has 50% of Joo's power in the forehand, a poor chopping efficiency in the forehand (he often misses while the opponent gives him a non spin ball), a typical defender backhand service while Joo serves most of the time with forehand and has more variation....

And of course, he hasn't achieved a tenth of Joo's results in big tournaments and he is not 18 Y/O.

Wang is a good player but among the defensive players, he is behind Joo, Filus, Chen....

This guys is 56th in the world, only 8 places behind Filus and only 12 behind Weixin.
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2016 at 2:17am
He's been around for a while:
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=18672
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2016 at 2:51am
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

+10Wink

This guys is 56th in the world, only 8 places behind Filus and only 12 behind Weixin.

Yes but he plays more tournaments (because less competition from other SVK players in comparison with German players for instance) and in club, he is not a decisive players. 56th in the world...is probably the peak of his career. 
Filus, Chen (older), Shiono, Muramatsu....did better.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2016 at 4:46am
The thing is this, i still don't see JSH in him. Maybe you only saw that because he's a chopper and JSH is a chopper. If that's the case, i can say i see Yan An in Malong. Both has poor backhand but good forehand. 

U21? Were you born yesterday? Do you have any idea how many chinese players fake their age when they move abroad to play table tennis? Look at Gao Ning and Yang Zi and tell me gao ning is actually 34 and yang zi is 32. We even have younger chinese players who's age on the passport states 14 but later revealed that he is actually 18. 
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2016 at 7:31am
I saw some similar attributes , the backhand style and the forehand cut close to the body, he can't be too bad getting to number 50 in the World this year , tough crowd 
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2016 at 8:44am
Walks like Joo? Really?

Dances like Joo, chews his food like Joo, sleeps like Joo... Wow a real clone huh?
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2016 at 3:34pm

Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

+10Wink

Yes but he plays more tournaments (because less competition from other SVK players in comparison with German players for instance) and in club, he is not a decisive players. 56th in the world...is probably the peak of his career. 
Filus, Chen (older), Shiono, Muramatsu....did better.

On the same token, a world ranking # isn't the be all end all of skill. That depends a lot on frequency of competitions played etc. 

I'm sure lots of people in the top 30-100 players can be beaten by players ranked out of the top 100. 

Hugo Calderano (ranked 60s?) beat Timo Boll in their match up for example. And the recent losses of Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen...  

Having said that -- I've watched quite a few of this chopper's matches on youtube... and he seems to always get beaten in them! 

Edited by obesechopper - 04/23/2016 at 3:36pm
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 1:05am
Wang Yang is one of my favorite lesser known choppers, and he is a great modern defender like Joo Sae Hyuk, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he is THAT similar to Joo.  The biggest difference first of all is that he is a short pips chopper (Globe 889 0.5mm sponge on backhand).

His full setup from what I recall is:

Matsushita Blade
Tenergy 05
Globe 889 (short pips)

compared to Joo's:

Joo Sae Hyuk
Tenergy 64
Curl P1r (long pips)

This video is one of my favorites of Wang Yang playing Fegerl:

Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
 Post Reply Post Reply