Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cpen vs jpen rpb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bobobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cpen vs jpen rpb
    Posted: 04/25/2016 at 6:25pm
How does rpb on a jpen compare to rpb on cpen? I've seen people use rpb on cpen, but not on jpen. Is rpb on jpen less effective than on cpen?
Sponsored Links

The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 6:47pm
I believe the main reason for the lack of RPB Jpen players is because a lot of them prefer thick single ply hinoki blades which are really heavy and will hurt the wrist really bad if they glue another rubber on the BH side.

Edited by The soul of rock - 04/25/2016 at 6:47pm
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
Bobobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by The soul of rock The soul of rock wrote:

I believe the main reason for the lack of RPB Jpen players is because a lot of them prefer thick single ply hinoki blades which are really heavy and will hurt the wrist really bad if they glue another rubber on the BH side.

What is you were to have pips on one side and inverted on the other?
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 7:12pm
Qiu Dang from Germany use Jpen with RPB effectively. If you can overcome the thickness and weight then it is all possible.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 7:34pm
His blade is not really that thick, compared with Ryu's one, say. In fact, Qiu used Cpen blade for a while before switched to Jpen. 

Edited by The soul of rock - 04/25/2016 at 7:36pm
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 6:11am
Jpen is much better than cpen. No wonder that German kid has improved so much after switching to jpen blade.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 9:15am
Nah, it's just personal preference. I prefer the Jpen grip to the Cpen one, especially the FH grip, but it's really hard to play without RPB for me. I mainly play shakehand nowadays, though.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 7:09am
Qiu Dang's performance in the qualifiers for the current Czech Open is quite terrible. 

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 8:59am
and for the record sake, Qiu Dang is not using thick one ply hinoki, he's using a composite jpen, which doesn't have the thickness concern.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 11:24am
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Qiu Dang's performance in the qualifiers for the current Czech Open is quite terrible. 

The reason for this is that he has switched back to chinese penhold blade. He is pretty weak using cpen.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

The reason for this is that he has switched back to chinese penhold blade. He is pretty weak using cpen.

you are right, didn't really notice it until you point it out. Wonder why he did that, the swing speed and strength needed are all different.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
oranje1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oranje1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 9:15pm
I normally use JPEN single ply hinoki bat and have recently tried CPEN in order to use the RPB. But I found my forehand speed and power is compromised a lot with CPEN. So I'm trying to use the RPB on my HIBI O PRO. Maybe I will try and overcome the thickness issue by really sandpapering handlegrip to allow freer rotation.
XIOM HIBI O PRO JPEN. RUBBER TENERGY 05
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Jpen is much better than cpen. No wonder that German kid has improved so much after switching to jpen blade.
k

I ve seen 4 ranked penholders from south korea north korea and ALL are cpen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic