Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sanwei Pro V5 and Pro F3 blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sanwei Pro V5 and Pro F3 blades
    Posted: 04/29/2016 at 1:30pm
Sanwei Pro F3

Weight: 89-92 grams approx.
Thickness: 6.0-6.2mm approx.
Speed: Off to Off+
Plies: 7 (ayous - spruce -carbon kevlar - ayous (mid) 

The Sanwei Pro F3 is an offensive composite blade. I was not really fond of Sanwei before I  tested this blade and the V5 but they have come up with a good and affordable composite blade. The overall blade feel is stiff. Even though the outer ply is ayous, the blade has a very stiff feel due to the spruce and carbon arylate layers. I tested this with the Target National and A+, a bit heavy set up but produces powerful shots. 

The F3 is a good attacking blade producing very solid shots especially on hard smashes and loop drives. It is faster than the TBS in some ways and offers high control. Looping is above average but I preferred doing drives more with this and because of the weight, I would suggest using a medium-soft or medium rubber for this. I observed a low to medium height of arc when looping with the F3. Blocking is one of the best feature of the blade wherein it blocks really well because it is stable against strong shots and because of the high control, it is forgiving.

Sanwei Pro V5

Weight: 88-90 grams
Thickness: 6.2-6.3mm
Plies: 7 (white ash - ayous - ayous - ayous (mid) )
Speed: Off - to Off

I was surprised that Sanwei has a blade like this. I am a fan of 7 ply all wood blades especially the Adidas/ITC Challenge speed, Stiga Clipper Wood and Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon. I really misjudged this blade. At first look it looks really simple. The quality and workmanship is high for the V5 and the F3. The handles are very comfortable to the hand. It feels faster than the Clipper wood but slower than the Challenge Speed or the KJH blade. What I really like about it is that this blade has an awesome feel. Not soft but not too hard also when hitting the ball. Vibration are kept minimal and gives good feedback to the hand. 

The V5 is a good looping and loop driving blade despite being a 7 ply blade. It is not choosy on the rubbers it is paired with but I found out that the DHS H3, Sanwei Target National and Joola Rhyzm 48 are all good with this blade. The blade is awesome up to mid distance with a tensor rubber and to some extent, Chinese rubbers . The V5 produces a medium ht arc when looping. Its strengths are, looping, loop driving and short strokes inside the table. The control is high, it behaves like an off- blade in terms of control but is an off blade when it comes to speed. The blade has gears, soft and easy when trying to do drop shots and fast when you do loop drives. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2016 at 2:43pm
Yogi can you elaborate on the balance of these blades, one of the most important things i found is that if the balance is off, i can never get used to the blade. I like neutral balanced blades like TB-ALC, i think thats what makes it my favorite over others like viscaria or stradivarius.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2016 at 2:50pm
Balance meaning? Balance of the weight distribution?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2016 at 5:18pm
Yes thats what i meant, weight distribution
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2016 at 11:23pm
Oh okay. The f3 is a bit head heavy with chinese rubber on 1 side.

Ben-Jammin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben-Jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 1:52pm
Megaspin compared the F3 to TBS " An excellent but cheaper alternative to Timo Boll ALC and Timo Boll Spirit". How do you think it compares to butterfly arylate carbon blades? 
TBS FL, T05, T64
Viscaria FL, H3N, T64

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 2:40pm
It feels heavier and more solid than tbs or alc. Also a bit faster and harder in feel.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 11:53pm
and what about the price?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2016 at 12:41am
The pro f3is on sale in megaspin for 49.95

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 6:47pm
I purchased a Pro V5 last week. It plays pretty well, but i cant stand the sound it makes. Is there any rubber that might make it sound better or anything i can put on it to change the awful sound? T 64 and Rasant Grip both sound hideous.

Edited by ericd937 - 06/27/2016 at 7:11pm
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 6:11pm
I think pro v5 is good with chinese rubber. I've tried Pro V5 with Sanwei Target National + Kokutaku 868 Tokyo super tacky and it suite the blade more than Stiga Mendo MP + Air Illumina soft very much. Even I usually play German rubbers like Rasant and Gewo Hype I can tell this one is for tacky surface rubber. The stiga+air combination created weird sound when I hit it hard and I think it has more vibration than sanwei+kokutaku combo.
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 6:50pm
I tried it with Tenergy05 last night and the sound is a bit better. It didnt play too bad with this combination. Is Sanwei Target national a suitable backhand rubber?
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 7:40pm
For me it is also good for bh. But if you use flat hit more often than top spin this rubber might not as fast as your previous set up. But yeah it's stable spinny tacky and fast enough to finish the point...even faster than some of jpn rubber.
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
Hasib View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 11:25am
Since I'm not regular here, I think I should give you brief intro of my game first. 

I've been playing TT for a decade now and pretty irregular for last 5-6 years. I quickly got into Butterfly Carbon blades when I was only an intermediate player. It might have been a mistake but ever since it was hard for me to play with an all-wood blade. I used Tamca, Sardius, Schlager before and now I use TB ALC. First I tried with Tenergy setup with T05 at FH and T64 at BH. I was always struggling with my FH strokes (lifting underspin, 3rd ball loop, topspin). Meantime, I tried T80, but no luck. Also, I cannot put the spin with ALC I could with my Schlager Carbon (Yasaka rubbers). Recently, I changed to DHS H3 (Prov with Blue Sponge) for my FH. I started liking it as it produces different feeling with different shots (unlike Tenergy). 

Although my technique improved, but my consistency decreased for not playing enough (only once a week now). I've become more like an all-round player with much improved blocks/drives than an attacking player. I would like to be more consistent with my close-table loops/lifting underspin and mid-distance topspins. 

Hence, I thought an all-wood OFF/OFF- would do the trick. Sanwei Pro V5 has a very good price at Megaspin. Although I never owned an all-wood blade of my own let alone Sanwei brand; I would like to give it a shot. FYI, my BH is very flexible: chops on serve return, banana spin/topspin and blocks. I could flash/smash on BH with Schlager C before which I can't do anymore with TB ALC. 

So, what do you think? And what rubbers (FH & BH) would suit this and my style?
Schlager C
FH: Sriver G3 FX
BH: Bryce FX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 7:58pm
Pro v5 is like a clipper wood woth a very good feel due to the white ash outer plies. It is very good to use with almost all rubbers.

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2021 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

How is F3 Pro  vs primorac carbon ?I play cpen  SP.

Edited by mykonos96 - 01/06/2021 at 11:47pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2021 at 9:13am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Primorac Carbon is way faster. F3 pro is like in the level of Viscaria's speed more or less. 

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2021 at 11:10am

Primorac Carbon is way faster. F3 pro is like in the level of Viscaria's speed more or less. 

What about the F3 Pro feel?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2021 at 11:47pm
feel is medium stiff for F3. 

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2021 at 9:02pm

feel is medium stiff for F3. 

Feela hollow ? What popular blade has similar feel?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2021 at 9:33pm
it does not feel hollow. It is supposed to be like tb alc or viscaria or the original intended design. 

Edited by yogi_bear - 01/09/2021 at 9:33pm

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2021 at 2:08am

it does not feel hollow. It is supposed to be like tb alc or viscaria or the original intended design. 

Thanks. Know any affordable replacement for long 5?
zhuangcorp7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhuangcorp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2023 at 11:49pm
Is the F3 Pro a inner-carbon blade? 

Therefore does it play somewhat similar to HL5 with higher dwell time and loop performance?
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2023 at 4:22am

Thanks. Know any affordable replacement for long 5?

You can get an used Long 5 or Long 5X. I think someone's selling an used Long 5 Cpen right now on this board for pretty cheap.

This one:

Edited by dingyibvs - 01/28/2023 at 4:25am
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic