Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shameless Lubomir Jancarik

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shameless Lubomir Jancarik
    Posted: 05/03/2016 at 4:49pm
At 29:56 Chtchetinine falls down to the ground during the rally. At 33:30 Jancarik starts swearing and immitating Chtchetinine. Unbelievable patzer that Jancarik boy.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 05/03/2016 at 5:23pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2016 at 5:10pm
Losing to a half crippled oldschool chopper is just a tad bit difficult to swallow for the egoistic muscular looper.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2016 at 5:31pm
Pffffffff
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2016 at 6:32pm
I think he was mad that Chtche took an extra long break between points after falling down. From his angle he might not have seen that Chtche almost twisted his ankle. Thats why he was mocking him. Still immature way to lose in my opinion.

For the curious:
33:20 Jancarik cursing
33:47 Jancarik:"...timeout... I will also..." starts to mock Chtche by limping.
33:58 Chtche cursing at Jancarik in russian and polish, throws in ***hole in english.
34:15 Arguing about a 10min timeout. Ref is saying Jancarik is not correct and will receive a red if he doesn't continue.
35:50 Chtche cursing to himself after losing point (probably because Jancarik delayed the serve). Last point Jancarik is delaying the serve again.

Edited by DreiZ - 05/03/2016 at 7:08pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2016 at 9:10pm
I wanted to see the handshake at the end...if there was one!
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2016 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I won't judge anyone without knowing the history of the two players.  Didn't seem to be that big of a deal either way.

JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2016 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I won't judge anyone without knowing the history of the two players.  Didn't seem to be that big of a deal either way.

Yes, I mostly agree. It could be foul play on either side. Plus in that part of the world long pips, and defensive styles in general, are ... not highly valued... 
Jancarik, however (talk of a lumberjack...), has been clearly outplayed and outsmarted. I am guessing, one cannot bit a world class LP defensive player just by overpowering him.
The top players, however, seem to stick to a good etiquette and are not easily provoked. True, exceptions happen now and then, but not in the low level edition like the present example.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2016 at 10:44pm
Zeio nails it.

I did a bit of checking.  Chtchetinine has been inside the world top 100 for a good part of the last two decades and at one point was at least as high as 47.  He eats one-dimensional guys like Jancarik for lunch.

The Czech guy is currently 88 in the world but is 29 years old, so he's not a young guy, and has only been in the top 100 for the since the beginning of this year.  In fact, for most of the last 10 years, he has been between 150 and 200.  Probably he is simply returning to his usual form.

So even though Chtchetinine has been dealing with age, injuries and some lack of fitness, I don't see this as an upset. 
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 7:19am
CZ player must sent a big excuse to himself in his brain 1st.
The situation is more than clear.
Zeio posted a correct note.
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 10:14am
Wow, after reading all your comments I was expecting to see some real outburst. You really made something out of nothing. That was NOTHING, give me a break! 
Let's see things from his perspective:
He is down 2:8
He runs 5 in a row to get to 8:7, at which point his opponent takes extra long time out. The time out is a fact, was there an injury is a speculation. And speculating myself, looks like the old guy could have been concerned about his ankle, but didn't seam injured. Bottom line, he takes extra long break that disrupts a 5 point streak.
Next point is a NET for old dude, for 9:7. Talk about lucky turn of events after losing 5 in a row and your opponent getting a rhythm, you get a long break and hit a net. Whose spirits wont get crushed? 
And then the LIMPING. Old dude trying to sell his break with some limping. Was the limping necessary? 

Let me tell you about the limping, i see this in the club from time to time, i will be on my way to beat an older 1900 guy, and his injuries always start to bother him too much at the end of the match and he starts limping. Have you seen Everybody Loves Raymond? Ray's mom starts limping EVERY TIME she wants something. I don't buy it. I am merciless. I will mock you out loud in front of the whole club, so u will never do it again to me. Finish your damn match and shake hand like a man, and if you really hurt, quit the match, don't risk injury. But don't you limp in front me, or you will hear it much worse than this rather polite fellow Jancarik. 

Yeah, that's how I feel. What this Jankaric guy did was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for those circumstances.

P.S. and what does it matter who is top 100 and who is not? Who wants to lose like that? 

Edited by Victor_the_cleaner - 05/04/2016 at 10:16am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 10:22am
One more thing about the limping. During the final, I didn't criticize Ding Ning because the video showed a pretty bad twist of the ankle. However i have twisted my own ankle and got really scared but nothing happened. It all depends on whether you were fast enough to collapse and remove weight from the ankle. If you did collapse, and didn't put pressure on the ankle, you can be totally fine. 
The following events showed that Ding Ning had absolutely no injury. Beyond doubt.
This brings back the question of limping. WHY DID SHE LIMP THE REST OF THE GAME? Of course, the answer is, to mess with LSW's head. And it worked! Same story, LSW was on fire, and it looked like if nothing stopped the match, she's gona win it. Then this ankle thing happened. I am beginning to think that these pros can simulate an 'almost injury' so they can take an extra long timeout. Don't know if DN did that on purpose, but I DO BLAME HER FOR THE LIMPING! Trying to win the compassion of the entire audience, and in case she does lose - she has an excuse. This cost LSW a world championship title. This is a big deal. I will now dislike DN forever, even though ever since I saw her in person i had been almost in love with her. Slimy backstabbing personality.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 10:31am
my rule #1 in this forum is: Zeio is always right. However, reading carefully his line, I don't see a contradiction with my position and his. He didn't really condemn Jancarik's behavior, but explained it, and, yes, I bet he's right : )
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

One more thing about the limping. During the final, I didn't criticize Ding Ning because the video showed a pretty bad twist of the ankle. However i have twisted my own ankle and got really scared but nothing happened. It all depends on whether you were fast enough to collapse and remove weight from the ankle. If you did collapse, and didn't put pressure on the ankle, you can be totally fine. 
The following events showed that Ding Ning had absolutely no injury. Beyond doubt.
This brings back the question of limping. WHY DID SHE LIMP THE REST OF THE GAME? Of course, the answer is, to mess with LSW's head. And it worked! Same story, LSW was on fire, and it looked like if nothing stopped the match, she's gona win it. Then this ankle thing happened. I am beginning to think that these pros can simulate an 'almost injury' so they can take an extra long timeout. Don't know if DN did that on purpose, but I DO BLAME HER FOR THE LIMPING! Trying to win the compassion of the entire audience, and in case she does lose - she has an excuse. This cost LSW a world championship title. This is a big deal. I will now dislike DN forever, even though ever since I saw her in person i had been almost in love with her. Slimy backstabbing personality.

I think you are a little harsh.  If I twist an ankle or a knee or anything else, I will take it easy on that part until I'm sure it's okay.  I'm fine with the limping.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 1:14pm
As far as I watched, the flare started somewhere around 20:53 after Chtchetinine's thick edge.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 1:54pm

One more thing

Well,  that Jancarik boy is a sore loser. He has been swearing all the time. No excuses for his idiotic behaviour. Fortunately, Chtchetinine gave him a good lesson that he will remember for years to come.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 2:02pm
VTC may be right about the limping.  I hadn;t really thought about that.  I for one can't know what EC felt (or Ding Ning) or how bad they were hurt.  Keep in mind that if there is a preexisting injury (as looks like the case for EC), it is a lot easier to re-injure the thing and it hurts a whole lot more.   I have no idea.  Maybe EC was intentionally trying to break momentum.  

Also, personally, I have no issues with the Czech guy swearing, I really think people clutch their pearls way too much about that (at our club the words flying around are foul in many languages) but mocking the injury?  Probably shouldn't have done that.  For sure, that is a bad look and the umpire is going to card you.  (I suspect the words Jancarik was using have cognates in Belorussian so EC knew exactly what he was saying!).

In any case, he certainly didn't want to lose to the old chopper!  That must have really stuck in his craw.  But he most certainly did.  I also don't think there is a contradiction between VTC and Zeio on this.
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 2:08pm
Here's one for ye. I was lucky enough to attend the Polish Open in Warsaw a fortnight ago.  Brilliant tournament, great city, great food, better beer.  And the vodka...don't get me started.  But one match stood out for me for a similar type of incident as above.  (Though I don't believe Chtchentintine (sic) was faking it in the above match actually.)

The match was Omar Assar EGYPT vs Jao Geraldo PORT.  (I tried to find it on ITTV but it wasn't recorded.) In the 7th set, Assar was up 8-4 or 9-5.  Something like that.  He was crushing Geraldo.  Geraldo had already used his timeout and then, suddenly, developed a 'neck injury' that required a 'medical timeout'.  Now, is there such a thing under ITTF rules?  

Anyway, the umpires let him have treatment and Assar didn't seem to have a problem with it, though it took maybe five minutes of massage, spray and...lots of coaching.  Geraldo came back, leveled the game at 10 all or something and then scraped the win.  Assar was stunned.  I passed him later and said, 'tough match' or 'hard luck' or something and he was literally speechless.  Shell shocked.  I felt sorry for him.  I think he was 'bustled'.  Now I don't want to bring Jose Morinho (sic) into this but...  
What do people think?  I thought Assar suffered for his sportsmanship...or his naivety? (sic)  Could he have objected to this (to me) obvious ruse? 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 2:11pm
Here is what ITTF says in their latest Handbook for Match Officials

13.5 Injury
13.5.1 If, owing to accident or illness, a player is unable to continue the umpire must report
immediately to the referee. The referee may authorise an emergency suspension of play
for the player to receive treatment or to recover by resting, provided he or she is
satisfied that the break in continuity will not unfairly affect an opponent and that the
player will be able to resume play within a reasonably short time. The timekeeper
should time the suspension from the time when the referee is called, not from the time
he or she arrives at the playing area.
No interval can be allowed where the disability is due to illness or unfitness that was
present or to be expected at the start of the match, or to effects such as exhaustion
resulting from the way in which play has proceeded. If an interval is granted, it should
be as short as possible and not longer than 10 minutes, but if anyone in the playing
area is bleeding, play must not be resumed until all traces of blood have been removed.
Once a player has been granted an interval for recovery from injury, normally he or she
should be allowed no further such interval during that match. Exceptionally, where the
first interval was very short, another brief interval may be allowed for treatment
provided that it is not likely to be prejudicial to the opponent and that the total period
for which play is suspended during the match does not exceed 10 minutes.
If a player
with
a disability
is unable to play temporarily due to the nature of his/her
disability or condition, the referee may, after consulting a medical cl
assifier or doctor at
the competition, allow a medical recovery time of the shortest practical duration, but in
no circumstances more than 10 minutes.

Tk5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tk5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 2:43pm
What is one dimensional about Lubo's game? The title of this thread needs to be changed. he has a reason to be upset. For an old chopper slowing down the match like he did (especially when he lost a string of points in a row) gives him an advantage. Not saying he was faking the injury or that Lubomir handled it well . But it should be understood that this is a riff between two players who probably have history. Lubomir is a constant professional and one of the nicest pro players you will ever meet. Im sure his frustration is justified.

Edited by Tk5 - 05/04/2016 at 2:45pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 3:30pm
Think about the rhythm and momentum after last 5 points. All of a sudden, things were looking great for the young guy, if you pause the video at 8:7, after 5 in a row. 
Next two things that happen are long break and next point lost to net ball. Now your muscles are cold, you lost your tempo, and you are irritated. Your opponent feels a little guilty inside and tries to justify the break with limping. Notice that in all of this description of events it doesn't matter if the injury was real or fake. Do you really feel no compassion for the position of the young guy?? And what did he do? This is not even called cursing on the Balkans, and ChichoFicho knows that better than anybody. You wana see some real cursing? There is a compilation of angry TT players on youtube. The guy uttered some words, showed the limp once, and pretty much got over it. Have you never seen Russian or better yet Bulgarian curse? You can't even use the same verb to describe what east europeans do and what this young guy did. 
And all the nasty criticism for that... Given those unpleasant circumstances I think we can be happy that this is all that happened during that match. If these 'injuries' keep 'happening' in such circumstances, one day we will see the real show. Nothing to watch here.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 3:38pm
There is no excuse for Lubomir folks. He is terrible. 
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 3:41pm

Think about the rhythm and momentum after last 5 points. All of a sudden, things were looking great for the young guy, if you pause the video at 8:7, after 5 in a row. 
Next two things that happen are long break and next point lost to net ball. Now your muscles are cold, you lost your tempo, and you are irritated. Your opponent feels a little guilty inside and tries to justify the break with limping. Notice that in all of this description of events it doesn't matter if the injury was real or fake. Do you really feel no compassion for the position of the young guy?? And what did he do? This is not even called cursing on the Balkans, and ChichoFicho knows that better than anybody. You wana see some real cursing? There is a compilation of angry TT players on youtube. The guy uttered some words, showed the limp once, and pretty much got over it. Have you never seen Russian or better yet Bulgarian curse? You can't even use the same verb to describe what east europeans do and what this young guy did. 
And all the nasty criticism for that... Given those unpleasant circumstances I think we can be happy that this is all that happened during that match. If these 'injuries' keep 'happening' in such circumstances, one day we will see the real show. Nothing to watch here.

I can appreciate the young man being annoyed.  But making fun of an injured opponent through mimicry is poor sportsmanship regardless.

No need to put "injury" in quotes.  It is clear that the player truly twisted his ankle.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I think you are a little harsh.  If I twist an ankle or a knee or anything else, I will take it easy on that part until I'm sure it's okay.  I'm fine with the limping.
In case people didn't know, Chuang Chih-yuan thought the injury was bull in a comment on his facebook the day after.

Edited by zeio - 05/04/2016 at 3:45pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 3:52pm
Here's a picture of him rolling his ankle.  Looks like he probably turned it a near 90 degrees.

As for the long time out.  He comes back with a blue wrap/brace of some kind on his ankle.  Surely that's why there was an extended injury timeout.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Losing to a half crippled oldschool chopper is just a tad bit difficult to swallow for the egoistic muscular looper.

Forget about the cursing.  Forget about the twisted ankle.  Forget about the extended injury time-out.

The fact of the matter is--losing to a half crippled old school chopper if you're an egotistical muscular looper just shouldn't happen.  Ever.  This is not according to Nature's plan.  Why do you play with a spinny-ass speedy-ass inverted rubber boosted to International House of Pancakes thickness if all you can do with this hypersonic rig is to lose to a half-crippled old school chopper?  I mean, come on.  This isn't Jurassic Park, for Bergmann's sake. 
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 4:17pm

In case people didn't know, Chuang Chih-yuan thought the injury was bull in a comment on his facebook the day after.

You mean Ding Ning's injury in the WTTC final?
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 4:56pm
Yup.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

You mean Ding Ning's injury in the WTTC final?

As was already commented on above - even if DN was not hurt that badly, I quite understand her trying to not put a lot of weight on that ankle (what if she does and the resulting heavy injury kills the rest of the match and possibly her future career?).

Did she maybe use that long timeout as a way to waste some time, to try and stop LSW's momentum? quite possible and very likely... was that against the rules? clearly, not. Was that invented right there on the spot after she fell? like she falls and that thinks to herself "ok, let me fake a bad injury so I can get a medical timeout and try and turn the game around" (that would be very unsportsmanlike and clearly deserving of disrespect and lots of booing from us).

One might think that way, but here is why I don't think it was a pure fake. For the rest of the match (score at that point was 2-0 to LSW in 7th set) DN never once ran or moved as if there was no injury.

So is she a consummate actress with amazing yoga-like command of her mind and body? well, to some degree, but still...

On top of that she had to change the style to some considerable degree and play a game that follows the "supposedly invented" restriction on her movements and speed - all of it for the glimmer of hope that she somehow will be able to psych LSW into going easier on her or getting too confident of the win? does it seem to you like it could be really worth it?

Well, yes - it is possible, but to me - unlikely.

An analogy - when two chess grandmasters A and B are playing a match and in a relatively equal situation with some intangible momentum on A's side B decides to sacrifice a knight without any visible (and real) justification - not because he can see a good outcome for him, but only for the hint of a possible initiative and also with a hope of psyching A into thinking "there must be something in that, what the hell is going on", so that A wastes extra time on his moves, so that he becomes less confident etc. Possible? well yes but only if
a) B is known for sometimes employing semi-crazy ideas like that
b) A is known for being psychologically vulnerable, and he can be rattled by such tricks
c) situation is such that losing that knight is not enough of a disadvantage to obviously lose the game right away

In our case - again, not likely. DN is not known for stuff like that or for any crazy psychological tricks. LSW's days of being easily rattled were five years in the past. Giving up such a huge thing as being able to run and turn and jump is just too much.

But this is of course not an ironclad proof, just a commonsensical, educated guess.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

I think he was mad that Chtche took an extra long break between points after falling down. From his angle he might not have seen that Chtche almost twisted his ankle. Thats why he was mocking him. Still immature way to lose in my opinion.

For the curious:
33:20 Jancarik cursing
33:47 Jancarik:"...timeout... I will also..." starts to mock Chtche by limping.
33:58 Chtche cursing at Jancarik in russian and polish, throws in ***hole in english.
34:15 Arguing about a 10min timeout. Ref is saying Jancarik is not correct and will receive a red if he doesn't continue.
35:50 Chtche cursing to himself after losing point (probably because Jancarik delayed the serve). Last point Jancarik is delaying the serve again.

Yeah, that was not a fun thing to watch.

Also - was it the first time in his life Jancarik played someone who likes to take a little longer between the serves? not to mention this was actually not to break Jancarik's momentum as there really wasn't any... or first time playing someone who had some kind of injury during the match?

Getting frustrated and then saying or doing something stupid, yeah, I am sure we all did that a few times but we are not professional athletes being recorded and watched by umpires and spectators.

I guess he will have to remember that match with some shame and regret. Also I wonder if maybe he was man enough to at least apologize to Evgeny later.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

There is no excuse for Lubomir folks. He is terrible. 

So?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic