FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

802-40, 802 or Spectol?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2016 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

802 sponges are very low quality. The last time I got 802 with Mystery Sponge it was thinner at some places and thicker at others. 

Using gold palm trading sponge you get an awesome short pips. I wonder where you can get the 802 sponge that pro cpens are using like wang zenyi
 Wang uses 802-40 but he has been changing his pips. Almost all good chinese players nowadays use japanese pips.  Sun Chen uses Flarestorm II, Zhou Xintong - Spectol. 
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Sponsored Links

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2016 at 4:47pm
Is 802 or 802-40 good for SP chopper? Do they come in 1.5mm sponge?
I'm using Spinpip Chop 2. When I put in medium fast blade, BH is too fast for me. 
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2016 at 8:17am
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

Is 802 or 802-40 good for SP chopper? Do they come in 1.5mm sponge?
I'm using Spinpip Chop 2. When I put in medium fast blade, BH is too fast for me. 

Ding Song chopped with 802!
i think zeropong sells 802 in 1.5 but almost all sponge under chinese sp are bad...not sure you will find one that suits your style
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2016 at 8:23am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by auzcar auzcar wrote:

I see a lot of differing opinions when it comes to 802 compared to Spectol. Some say that 802 is spinnier and some says that Spectol is spinnier. Can anyone here who have tried both give a good comparison? Which one has more spin? Plays flatter? Most "effect"? The only thing I've gotten a clear and unison comparison on is that Spectol is faster.

802 is spinnier and soectol is flatter

100% agreed,
Spectol is vertically aligned raw pip which is faster flatter and the ball sinks more and 802 is horizontally aligned cooked pip which is slower and spinnier! But honestly the difference is not much, i actually think the biggest difference between the two is actually quality control and sponge quality!

one other thing to consider is that it is a slightly different stroke with the different pip alignment! There are exceptions but generally penhold prefers horizontal and shakehand prefers vertical

729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
auzcar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auzcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2016 at 11:15am
I've had two more sessions comparing 802-40 and Spectol and I think I want something that's just a tiny bit spinnier, throws a tiny bit higher and is a bit faster than Spectol. Also the sponge needs to be firmer, at least as firm as the 802-40 which I think is 35deg. Any suggestions? From what I've gathered perhaps Clippa or even some of the newer pips like Flarestorm II or Rakza PO could be what I'm looking for?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by auzcar auzcar wrote:

I've had two more sessions comparing 802-40 and Spectol and I think I want something that's just a tiny bit spinnier, throws a tiny bit higher and is a bit faster than Spectol. Also the sponge needs to be firmer, at least as firm as the 802-40 which I think is 35deg. Any suggestions? From what I've gathered perhaps Clippa or even some of the newer pips like Flarestorm II or Rakza PO could be what I'm looking for?

I have tried spinlord waran and my clubmates find it more disturbing with more sinkballs than moristo is pretty fast at 1.8mm way better than raystorm and challenger

Edited by bbkon - 05/16/2016 at 11:58am
nikos_S View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikos_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2020 at 2:41pm
4+ years later, can you tell me what did you buy?

Valiantsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2020 at 2:48pm
Like Galaxy Uranus )))
It's like was described: softer and spinnier than 802-40)) 

Edited by Valiantsin - 08/31/2020 at 3:17pm
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2020 at 4:13pm
The green uranus pips I have are spinny as heck, but the regular uranus doesn't seem to be.  Maybe if you could get the special tuned version.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Valiantsin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valiantsin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2020 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

The green uranus pips I have are spinny as heck, but the regular uranus doesn't seem to be.  Maybe if you could get the special tuned version.
Hello cole_ely :) 

I am not sure which ones I had :) 
Speaking about it - can tell - that inspite the fact that these are not reacting much to incoming rotation - are pretty spinny when you are defending or attacking - the ball is not planning but pretty consistent in flight
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Valiantsin Valiantsin wrote:

Hello cole_ely :) 

I am not sure which ones I had :) 
Speaking about it - can tell - that inspite the fact that these are not reacting much to incoming rotation - are pretty spinny when you are defending or attacking - the ball is not planning but pretty consistent in flight

There is a Pro version, The normal version has yellow fragile sponge.ITOH  I wonder how behaves spectol 21 with the new ball, I need a less spin sensitive pip thas has decent control

btw cole I sent you a msg about soft sponges
wappak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wappak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 4:33am

cole, is that the uranus poly euro version you have? where did you buy that? thank you
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 6:47am
i dont know the specifics of the type. Its uranus and its green and its much spinnier than the regular. Thsts all i know. Its not tuned

wappak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wappak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 9:45am

i dont know the specifics of the type. Its uranus and its green and its much spinnier than the regular. Thsts all i know. Its not tuned

green sponge?
ejprinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejprinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 1:53pm
Patrick Hrdlicka in his blog post (towards the bottom) has reviews of 3 short pips:

I can say from experience that the Rakza PO imparts more spin than the Moristo SP but has less control against top spin. So I am now using the Moristo SP, if I need spin I can always twiddle to the FastArc G1. 

Vicky Jiao (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkAtYs6gwig) seems to use Spectol Blue (vertical pips alignment), from the video. This is short pips backhand, see the 2019 NCTTA Final: https://youtu.be/XeEz5QlbdC4?t=20146. For people interested in Vicky against an outstanding defender (Angela Guan), see this link: https://youtu.be/XeEz5QlbdC4?t=13833.
For the Uranus, there is also a Uranus Pro at princett.com. The Yinhe web site has: http://www.yinhe1986.cn/products.aspx?TypeId=189&FId=t3:189:3
, not sure about the sponge though. They don't show the Uranus Pro anymore.

So it looks like spinny pips have horizontal alignment, and less spinny pips have vertical alignment. I found the Moristo SP to be pretty durable, due to Covid-19 concerns I wash it with detergent & H2O2 after every session...

Also it made it into the 2019 top 10 at TT11:

Yinhe 980XX, DHS Hurricane 3 Neo, Nittaku Wallest 1.0mm sponge.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 3:43pm
no the topsheet. The sponge is really soft pinkish maybe like venus soft

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Tabmini Tabmini wrote:

Many Pros are using Spectol or clippa.

using Spectol  speed or regular?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic