Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga 2016 Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga 2016 Rubbers
    Posted: 05/27/2016 at 7:02am
Stiga Genesis M
Weight: 64 grams
Thickness: 2.0mm
Speed: Off

Stiga Genesis S
Weight: 63 grams 
Speed: Off

Let me just compare this 2 rubbers between themselves and also other rubbers that are more or less similar to the Genesis series in characteristics. On first note both rubbers are are very lightly tacky. The Chinese topsheet could pass as a euro topsheet when you first look at it. The quality is higher than any other Chinese topsheet I have seen in the market. It has a better quality than with Haifu rubbers that I have tested before. I know somebody commented here before that these are DHS rubbers and are similar to the Tin Arc series but the Genesis series seem a few notches higher in performance and quality because I have used the latter rubbers in the past. Yes, the way the marks on the sponge were cut is a giveaway on who made the rubbers. Also, the sponge are a bit porous unlike the Hurricane rubbers. They have notable sized pores that can be observed. The Genesis M sponge is more or less 47 degrees and the S version is like a 45 degree sponge. The topsheets for both versions are medium soft and not as hard as Hurricane rubbers. 

Speed

Both the 2.0 versions are already fast! The M is fast and bouncy that you can think of it more like a Euro rubber instead of a Chinese rubber. The M version when compared to previous Stiga rubbers that are in 2.0mm also can be as fast as a Calibra LT Sound but with a harder feel. The M version is definitely faster than the Calibra Spin. For other brands, I would say the both Genesis rubbers are faster than the Tin Arcs and I would place the speed especially the M version at the level of an Acuda S2 s that other people can relate. At max I would suspect it is faster than the original Acuda S2 but still slower than the Airoc Astro or MX-P. 

Spin

These rubbers are the spinniest modern rubbers from Stiga that I have tried! The M version has a medium high arc and the S version has a low arc. Both versions have a long trajectory. I would place the spin of the Genesis M a bit lower than the Hurricane 3 or Tenergy 05 but it is as spinny as modern rubbers like MX-P or a Joola Rhyzm. Having played with Tin arc rubbers before, the M version and to some degree the S version are a notch higher in terms of spin. Both topsheets are more of on being grippy than tacky. The S version can be spinny too but you need to dig more onto the sponge to produce good spin. With the M version, even with thin brush contacts on the ball already produce very heavy amounts of spin. Both rubbers have a lesser sensitivity to spin compared to its Chinese counterparts and also with Euro rubbers.

Overall performance

I would say it was a good move by Stiga to produce such superb rubbers. Both rubbers are good for smashing but the S version seem to be more suited using hard carbon blades. The M version can smash with an allwood blade or a carbon blade. The S version is a bit picky on what to use with it. The S version is a superb close to the table rubber. While other people would like it in their forehand I would prefer it to be a backhand rubber because it is very easy to block with and also do punch blocks. The M version is my favorite and it is a well rounded attacking rubber that you can almost do any attacks with it. Both rubbers are very controllable and are also good for touch strokes like drop shots. The M version would be a good alternative to Hurricane rubbers in the polyball era because the rubber offers increased speed needed by fellows who have a hard time adjusting to polyballs but who do not want to change to a euro or japanese rubber. The M version again excels mid distance and near the table distance. I would have need to ask for the 2.1 version though because I really want to feel the fullest speed of the M version. I dunno if Stiga in the future will consider having the Genesis with an Airoc sponge then you will have one complete attacking and spinny rubber. The Airoc sponge itself is an impressive sponge that is very fast but at the same time light.

Stiga Structure Short Pips

Weight: 64 grams
Speed: Off-

A bit of a strange short pimples from Stiga. This is made in China. The pips are a bit hard compared to Royal or Radical and do not have the tacky feel on the tip of the pimples. The Clippa seem a notch harder than the Structure SP. The sponge is denser compared to its Stiga predecessors and reminded me of a Giant Dragon sponge. The speed is lower compared to the mentioned Stiga rubbers. Here are the things I have further observed:

1. The pip structure are a bit longer and narrower compared to Royal or Raystorm. It could be mistaken as a medium pips.
2. The effect when hitting or blocking the ball is more like a medium pimple effect wherein you would produce more knuckleballs than spinny balls. You would need to open up the angle when you are using this on both the forehand and backhand because I have a lot of balls hitting the net. 
3. Sometimes, I would observe a bit of a deception when hitting the ball or blocking with it. It can return spin but not reverse it though you would need to dig more through the sponge to attack with this. It can attack well but you need some sort of adjustment on the the angle and on how you hit the ball like how you compress the ball when hitting through the sponge.
4. This is something new but it has to have a specific style of play. So far, it can block well or do punch blocks and inside the table it can flick well though you need to open your angle more. It takes a bit of practice to master this short pip.

Stiga Structure Long Pips (OX)
++++review still not done++++

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 7:25am
Genesis is amazing!!!! It is very, very spinny and fast at 2.0mm!!! Long Trajectory and the spin can rival modern and latest ESN Rubbers!
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 8:08am
The Genesis is probably made from the same factory that produces DHS rubbers. The traces of cutting on sponges are fairly similar to those of the Hurricanes and Skylines.

Edited by The soul of rock - 05/27/2016 at 8:08am
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 9:48am
The Structure SP looks so much like Clippa on a different Sponge. Could be good for people playing SP on FH.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 9:53am
Both pips are Chinese made

Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 10:17am
Tempting....
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 11:46am
Like to know the hardness of Genesis M and S. Are they hybrid rubbers similar to Yasaka Rising Dragon with a Chinese made semi tacky top sheet on Japanese sponge?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 12:06pm
M is like medium hardness, 47 and S is like 45.. the topsheet is chinese but it has a different quality than usual. The sponge, I need to check if it is the same as airoc's

guruzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guruzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2016 at 12:56pm
The sponge is similar the tin arc3...
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2016 at 9:58pm
is genesis a tacky rubber from stiga, made in china?!
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2016 at 10:04pm
How about the weight?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 12:57am
It is chinese. Weight is about 63 grams uncut for 2.0mm

chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 8:31pm
tacky topsheet?  What does it compare to?!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

It is chinese. Weight is about 63 grams uncut for 2.0mm

Have you tried the short pips? I guess must be the tensor version of clippa
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2016 at 8:20am
Are the Genesiss good? Or do we have again on the market new bad rubbers?

Edited by carmelomaf - 05/30/2016 at 8:21am
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2016 at 8:23am
How many play w stiga inverted? They seem to come out w a new set of rubber regularly but I have only played one person at a tournament who used the rubber. Their blades seem more popular.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 1:55am
Carmelo, at least genesis m in particular is very spinny and at 2.0 it is surprisingly fast

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2016 at 10:14am
Hey there Yogi, thanks for the reviews.
Would like to ask you some questions.

How does the Genesis compare to Evolution and Tenergy series?
Do you also have access to the new Mantra series?
Seems like Genesis and Mantra are the non-Tensor/Tenergy options for Chinese and Japenese rubbers respectively.

Would be curious if they can actually replace the ESN rubbers.

Looking forward to your reply! 😊
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2016 at 10:31am
Spinny rubbers from Stiga? I'm interested Clap 
yogi_bear, can you give us more detailed reviews of the rubbers, please? How do they compare to T05/T05 FX in speed, spin, hardness, throw angle? 
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2016 at 4:08pm
 Made in china by Stiga at 40€??  Ermm

Edited by jonyer1980 - 06/06/2016 at 4:09pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2016 at 4:17pm
Made in China isn't a flaw in itself as long as the quality control is good.

Nittaku and other brands have quite a few blades made there and they're perfectly fine.

Looking forward to the review!
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 10:59am
Theres no match between any Nittaku blade QC and the best of Stiga , no matter where its made of. Any Average unknown blade by Nittaku have better craftmanship than the best and most expensive of the Stigas... Redsshank or any Septear are far better QC than any over 100€ Stiga blade.... by the way, im a RW5 user, but you cant deny the truth...

I never have seen any succesful rubber made in China relabelled by any other Euro-Jap company.. Grips were discontinued soon because of their terrible QC'S (Haifu Whale 2 red sponge). Theres another new chinese rubber by Thibar which it hasnt be released out of chinese market... and so and so other that were a total dissapointment like Thors/Vega China/Xiom Misa/Joola Drum/another recent one by Yasaka...
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 11:13am
I still like the old all around rubber, Cobra 2000. 

Where can you buy that in the USA online ?

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 06/07/2016 at 11:15am
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 11:15am
These Genesis look like DHS Tin Arc 3

Edited by AMonteiro - 06/07/2016 at 11:18am
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 1:45pm
I presently use Stiga Clipp right now and i am very interested in the New Stiga Structure short pips. Just wish there were some reviews on it right now. I only see it available at TTEX.SE right now.

Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 12:21pm
Hey yogi,

So far do you see genesis as a high throw rubber like MX-P or more of a low throw one such as rasant since the rubber was made in china?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by 42andbackpains 42andbackpains wrote:

I presently use Stiga Clipp right now and i am very interested in the New Stiga Structure short pips. Just wish there were some reviews on it right now. I only see it available at TTEX.SE right now.

How is clippa compared to other pips in terns of arc and spin?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 3:18pm
I will be posting my review on sunday

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 10:08am
I will be posting my review on sunday

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 11:00am
Thank you Yogi! Looking forward! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic