FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga 2016 Blades (updated with review)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 2:41am
It really looks like 5 than 7. I need to ask
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 4:26am
I examined the blade again. I dont see any super thin plies that make it 7. Im only seeing the 5 plies unless they added a layer that i do not see. If you check the close up pics you would see it is a 5 ply blade
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 7:55am
I see the spec for Eternity from Stiga is as follows.

PRODUCT SPECS

ART. NO. 3010-XX
CONTROL: 66
SPEED: 107
VENEER: 5
ELASTICITY: STIFF
TYPE: OFF 
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 11:00am
In Stiga catalogue is discribed as a 5 ply wood. Just on the website as 7 ply and faster,
but I think it was only mistaken.
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 10:28pm
Does the Eternity use carbon in the glue, similar to clipper CC?  It might explain the softer feeling.  I saw a website selling the blade describe it as a 7+6 layer blade (like clipper CC) which is surely a misprint, but 5+2 (the 2 being glue layers with carbon, 5 wood ply) is perhaps accurate.

Makes me want to ask, and this is a long shot, but how does it compare to tube carbo yogi?  That's another stiga 5 ply with carbon layers, and I really like it, one of the few in my vault right now.  Works good with hurricane as well.

Sorry to raise more questions than answers - I'm not playing much right now, but once I settle in again and start training I will definitely test this blade and share my impressions here.  Thanks again for the reviews yogi!
samsonov_85 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samsonov_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 12:29am
I have one old stiga peter carlsson blade st for sale
Email me [email protected] if interested

stiga
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 1:15am
Chronos, if my memory serves me right, I think the speed of the eternity is faster than tube carbo. Eternity feels softer though on impact. The catalogue would say it is a 5 ply blade but the spec would say it has 5+2 veneers.

LethalForehand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LethalForehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 2:12am
This is interesting. Of note, when I broke my Rosewood  a few years ago, I saw a very very thin glassfiber (or was it some sort of fibrous glue?) layer between the wood plies. It was transparent and too thin to be noticeable from side view. Maybe something similar is inside the Eternity?

Someone please break your Eternity to find out LOL
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 7:07am
Yogi, the specs on website are already changed.
Well now, not any longer   been on spec. 😉

Edited by stancuzi - 06/09/2016 at 7:11am
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 6:42am
Thanks for the review Yogi.

Although the Carbonado's looks great and promising, they sell at 160 EURO (90) and 180 EURO (45) which for me is a lot of money. The Eternity is 79 EURO and a bit more affordable. :)
I might give the Eternity a try.

Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2016 at 7:05am
yogi can you make a comparison with the stratus powerwood

thanks a lot in advance

Edited by carmelomaf - 06/26/2016 at 7:05am
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
The Canadian Bacon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Canadian Bacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2016 at 8:54am
What's that retail store in Paris again? I really like this eternity.

Thanks 👍

* Nevermind they don't carry it 😞

Edited by The Canadian Bacon - 06/26/2016 at 1:40pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2016 at 10:24am
Carmelo, same speed but spw feels harder. Eternity is easier to loop with.

rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2016 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Carmelo, same speed but spw feels harder. Eternity is easier to loop with.

How is the overall balance compared to SPW? I'm using SPW with 2 rakza 7 and my hand hurts because of the head heaviness. The setup is 192gr. In retrospect, my IF ZLC (85gr) with T05 and T64 has way better balance in weight

Edited by rickywinataa - 06/26/2016 at 12:06pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2016 at 3:50pm
Eternity seems balanced

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2016 at 4:08am
How does the speed of this blade compared to Butterfly Mazunov? 

DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2016 at 7:27pm
I am very interested in the Eternity for a non Table Tennis reason. There was a man called Arthur Stace who used to write the word Eternity randomly in chalk on the streets of Sydney from 1932 until his death in 1967. I've always found it fascinating, there's also a documentary about him. I also like STIGA blades and I think that this sounds like a good one.

Edited by shaun729 - 09/04/2016 at 7:30pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2016 at 12:19am
Mazunov is , heavier and feels harder. For speed, both seems to have the same speed.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2016 at 2:11am

Mazunov is , heavier and feels harder. For speed, both seems to have the same speed.

Stratus and mazunow are the same speed ?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2016 at 7:36am
I say they have almost the same speed it is just the diffirence in feeling and impact because mazunov hits harder being the heavier blade.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2016 at 11:44am

I say they have almost the same speed it is just the diffirence in feeling and impact because mazunov hits harder being the heavier blade.

Then eternity is off+
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2016 at 11:55am
What about the next mystery blade then? Any guesses? Stiga released a blurred image last week on Facebook.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2016 at 2:24am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

What about the next mystery blade then? Any guesses? Stiga released a blurred image last week on Facebook.

Maybe some type of Clipper remake? Red letters on the blade instead of black & it seems a plastic insert in the handle instead of metal.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2016 at 3:23am
Yeah, maybe a Clipper with Textreme. Clippernado.
Phthalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phthalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2016 at 2:52am
Hows the Eternity compare to Emerald ? Arc, spin, control, and speed ? Thanks !
Danzors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danzors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2016 at 12:41am
Just got mine. The top ply on one side is really, worryingly thin. Hope it doesn't come off. Looking forward to playing with it tomorrow!
Tibhar KJH
Xiom Vega Pro
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2016 at 9:41am
Here we go, blade number 4 is the Celero Wood:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2016 at 9:52am
Nice find @AndySmith

So no Clipper look-a-like. Short description points to a harder and stiffer Infinity.
Plastic lense so perhaps not a very expensive blade.

The EJ in me says to try it out ;)
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2016 at 10:48am
Would definitely love to get more stats on this blade but has come up with nothing from the stiga website yet except for that vid...which doesn't say a whole lot.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2016 at 1:05pm
Celero Wood has that awesome old looking handle...
From the video the structure seems to be: thin surface layer - thin dark second layer - thick, thick middle layer. Kind of cool. I wonder if it would be a soft-hard-soft structure like Powerdrive, Nebula or more recently Samsonov pure wood (please correct me if i am mistaken), but it seems all those previous blades has a pretty thick and soft surface layer.
Fly away!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic