Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga 2016 Blades (updated with review)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2016 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

Celero Wood has that awesome old looking handle...
From the video the structure seems to be: thin surface layer - thin dark second layer - thick, thick middle layer. Kind of cool. I wonder if it would be a soft-hard-soft structure like Powerdrive, Nebula or more recently Samsonov pure wood (please correct me if i am mistaken), but it seems all those previous blades has a pretty thick and soft surface layer.

are u saying the nebula and samsonov pure wood play similar?
Sponsored Links

Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2016 at 1:42pm
Nuu!LOL I haven't tried Nebula yet. I think there are few blades that use hard wood ply as the second layer, so I wonder....

Edited by Jasonh - 09/30/2016 at 1:43pm
Fly away!
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2016 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by p1ngp0ng3r p1ngp0ng3r wrote:

Nice find @AndySmith

So no Clipper look-a-like. Short description points to a harder and stiffer Infinity.
Plastic lense so perhaps not a very expensive blade.

The EJ in me says to try it out ;)

I bet that is the same metal tag as others but painted in red. Sounds like it should be priced like Infinity. So they are going to release the rest in the next 2 months. Hope to see something totally innovative. 
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 8:02am
@TurboZ, Stiga placed a picture of the Celero and it looks indeed like a metal tag.
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 9:41am
Stiga said they will send me that blade together with the mantras. I hope it is not ayous but a 5 ply limba blade
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2016 at 10:10am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Stiga said they will send me that blade together with the mantras. I hope it is not ayous but a 5 ply limba blade

It looks like limba outers to me, with some harder medial (mahogany, meranti, walnut maybe).  I might give it a bash if it's thick enough.  Bring on the YogiReview(tm)!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2016 at 9:07am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Looking forward to your review Yogi!

If possible pls try to compare with other similar Stiga blades, like Infinity and Eternity.
And if Genesis rubbers would be a nice match with the Celero ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2016 at 5:38pm
Seems that the designers at Stiga didn't had enough time for the Celero ;)
The design is exactly the same as Sense 7.6

http://stigatabletennis.com/en/products/sense-7-6/
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2016 at 4:33am
Not really. Just some resemblance to the handle.
The structure of Celero will be quite different as I see it.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 4:01am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 10:45am
Hmm at least celero is limba. The 245 looks cool
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 11:52am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Carbonado 245 and 290:

Nice find Andy! Could you post the same thing on TTD :)
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 11:04am
Not sure if this is mentioned already but i just saw the specs for the Celero blade, it's rated as an OFF- blade with a 95 speed and 74 control with 'feeling' feeling on the Stiga website.  Comparing to other blades on their rating chart, that would make the Celero a tad slower than the Clipper and Infinity with a little more control.  Sound to me a slightly faster version of the Optimum series blades with a softer feel.  Wouldn't mind trying it in the future, not sure what the price point and if it's even available in NA yet.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 11:15am
The second layer of Celero Wood looks like Mahogany, or something.
Fly away!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Bilbo Bilbo wrote:

Not sure if this is mentioned already but i just saw the specs for the Celero blade, it's rated as an OFF- blade with a 95 speed and 74 control with 'feeling' feeling on the Stiga website.  Comparing to other blades on their rating chart, that would make the Celero a tad slower than the Clipper and Infinity with a little more control.  Sound to me a slightly faster version of the Optimum series blades with a softer feel.  Wouldn't mind trying it in the future, not sure what the price point and if it's even available in NA yet.

Looks like a stiffer blade off-. Im looking for a tad slower clipper but same solidness and stiffness
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 12:09pm

The retail is €60 over here in europe.  Some smaller stores have a few in already, around the €55 mark or so.

If the medial is a mahogany-type wood then we're in the ballpark of the older Samsonov Alpha, but maybe a tad thicker, which is a good place to be IMO.  I'm too put off by Stiga's recent quality issues to give it a try though.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

The retail is €60 over here in europe.  Some smaller stores have a few in already, around the €55 mark or so.

If the medial is a mahogany-type wood then we're in the ballpark of the older Samsonov Alpha, but maybe a tad thicker, which is a good place to be IMO.  I'm too put off by Stiga's recent quality issues to give it a try though.

Andy, I heard the new Alpha is using koto instead of "Mahogany", but is Tibhar Lebesson still using the same dark-brown layer as the old Alpha?  
Fly away!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

Andy, I heard the new Alpha is using koto instead of "Mahogany", but is Tibhar Lebesson still using the same dark-brown layer as the old Alpha?  

I'm not sure if the new Alpha has a koto medial to be honest - it's not the older, darker ply that's for sure.

The Lebesson is an interesting one.  I remember yogi's review showing the dark ply, but the one I got a year after that didn't have it IIRC.  So it could be that both the Alpha and the Lebesson lost their dark medial.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 3:28am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Looks like a stiffer blade off-. Im looking for a tad slower clipper but same solidness and stiffness

Stiga Tube Offensive is your answer.
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">

</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Looks like a stiffer blade off-. Im looking for a tad slower clipper but same solidness and stiffness
</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Stiga Tube Offensive is your answer.</span>

Discontinued
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2016 at 2:02am
Maybe this Greek guy still has it and he can send everywhere you want.His site is:
e-pingpongshop.com
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2016 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Maybe this Greek guy still has it and he can send everywhere you want.His site is:
e-pingpongshop.com

Wonder if there s a comercial blade available of any brand
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 11:15pm

</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Looks like a stiffer blade off-. Im looking for a tad slower clipper but same solidness and stiffness
</span>
</span>

Discontinued

Far East Sports still has it in C-Pen for ya — http://www.fareastsports.com/products/blade/wood/432

(your welcome WinkSmile)
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2016 at 6:06am
This whole thread schould be moved to Stiga blades, hello???
😃🙄🤔
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2016 at 10:52pm

</span>
</span>

Discontinued

Far East Sports still has it in C-Pen for ya — http://www.fareastsports.com/products/blade/wood/432

(your welcome WinkSmile)

Need something i can replace not a discontinued blade
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2016 at 3:39pm
Decided to try the Eternity after a long period of avoiding Stiga blades due to the quality control, and this is what I got after removing the rubber for the 1st time (received the blade just 2 days ago). That's enough of Stiga blades for me.

Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2016 at 3:51pm
Stiga thank you for supporting genuine products.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2016 at 3:55pm
bummer on the splintering - what glue did you use SOR?
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2016 at 4:11pm
I used Revolution no. 3, which is probably the least sticky glue I've used. 
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2016 at 4:46pm
Blade name checks out. Forever the reason to stay away.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic