Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tried out Freitas alc blade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tried out Freitas alc blade?
    Posted: 06/05/2016 at 9:38pm
Someone tried the Freitas alc blade? And if so how did it play?
Sponsored Links

rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2016 at 11:41pm
It will be just like maze alc
shaibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2016 at 12:15am
Originally posted by rickywinataa rickywinataa wrote:

It will be just like maze alc

But $100 more expensive.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 5:33pm
Tried it out recently. Excellent looping blade for a composite. My piece is stiffer (at 6.02mm thick) than my Maze.

Surprisingly, the ALC layer definitely seems different from what Maze ALC has. Freitas composite layer is softer (perhaps, they changed the arylate to carbon ratio or used softer / thinner carbon to weave layer.

Better spin than Maze. Less bouncy. Not good for players that like to punch. Great for those that like to loop. As my Freitas is thicker than my Maze ALC, it does pack a punch while power looping or smashing. Thickness results in a slightly bigger sweet spot.

All in all, a very good blade. Better build quality than the Maze.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 6:08pm
tried it and did not see anything special about it...but a good blade for a composite
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 11:37pm
My results are very similar to slevin's. Great touch at the net. It's ok with counter hitting. The Freitas ALC really shines away from the table. It throws a high loop arc and feels very dwelly for a composite. Opening loops required some angle adjustments on my part. I used both MXP and Airoc Astro S and both are well suited for this blade. Speedwise, I find it to be faster than Viscaria on aggressive shots, but slower (less bouncy) on pushes. In fewer words, it has more gears. This and my Violin are my favorite blades.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2017 at 12:49pm
Very good blade it is of one of the best alc blades with limba outer. If you want a timo boll alc but slightly slower slightly higher throw with more feeling for the ball. This is the one.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2017 at 4:38pm
But isn't the handle thinner on freitas alc than on maze alc? And if so, doesn't it change the characteristics of the blade by this variable itself?
gianquittia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gianquittia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2017 at 3:01am
I had the Maze, granted I was a lower level player at the time.  That being said I am in love with the Freitas.  The dwell time and feel are irreplaceable.  I use Tenergy 05 2.1 on FH and Tenergy 05-FX 2.1 on BH.  It is a bit spinnier than the Timo Boll ALC with the same rubbers.  It may be a tad slower than the Timo Boll ALC because of the softer top sheet.  I like both blades.  I felt like the weight of the Maze isn't as balanced as the Freitas to me.
Timo Boll Zlf
FH Yasaka Rakza 7 1.9
BH Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.9
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2017 at 3:11am
non-angry M.maze
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 7:07am
How much thinner is the FL handle of this than that of a Viscaria?
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2017 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Very good blade it is of one of the best alc blades with limba outer. If you want a timo boll alc but slightly slower slightly higher throw with more feeling for the ball. This is the one.

totally agree. very good looping blade. only one bad thing about this blade. its price
sidespinBH View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 9:14am
Hi guys,

For all those who own this blade could you describe the handle's anatomy?
I mean is it thin like timo boll alc Or thicker like zhang jike alc?
How does it fit on the hand ?

I have problem with my current blade (zjk blue dragon ) when playing a strong bh and next shot is a strong fh it's seems to me that I loose some grip ,but maybe it's caused because I am not holding in right way the blade , or should I go to a slightly thicker handle?
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 10:50am
Originally posted by sidespinBH sidespinBH wrote:

Hi guys,

For all those who own this blade could you describe the handle's anatomy?
I mean is it thin like timo boll alc Or thicker like zhang jike alc?
How does it fit on the hand ?

I have problem with my current blade (zjk blue dragon ) when playing a strong bh and next shot is a strong fh it's seems to me that I loose some grip ,but maybe it's caused because I am not holding in right way the blade , or should I go to a slightly thicker handle?
Are you talking about Flared or Straight handle?
sidespinBH View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 1:22pm
The flared only friend
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 6:36am
Forumfriends,

what is the weight of your freitas alc blade?
Which rubber does play well and which not?
I am affraid, that soft rubber like r42, omega vii eu, bluestorm z3  will be too bouncy?

Thank you
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 6:46am
Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

Forumfriends,

what is the weight of your freitas alc blade?
Which rubber does play well and which not?
I am affraid, that soft rubber like r42, omega vii eu, bluestorm z3  will be too bouncy?

Thank you

I'm unsure of the exact weight, I'd guess mid 80s compared to others I've weighed and sold recently. I really liked med-hard rubbers on it. Ten 05, Aurus Prime, R47 all felt good on the FH. On the BH I used Ten 05 or something a tad softer like R42. I used Airoc S for a short time, it was a bit soft for my liking.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2018 at 5:55pm
Did somebody play with freitas alc and tenergy 05fx or 80fx? Which thickness? I read on japan forum that isnperfect combination.

I play near the table. Its suitable?
Thx

Edited by jackass22 - 12/30/2018 at 5:56pm
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

Did somebody play with freitas alc and tenergy 05fx or 80fx? Which thickness? I read on japan forum that isnperfect combination.

I play near the table. Its suitable?
Thx

I have tried 05-FX and 80 (not FX) on Freitas. The former on backhand side and the latter on both wings.  I have to say, they are both good but I eventually settled on 80 because it fits my style better. 
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2018 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I tried 2 Freitas, 85/86g and they felt hollow, with R47, it was awkward right away and I could not make it work. Yes pure loopers will like it, it was built for them.

And here I thought I was unlucky and got a hollow freitas. Even a pure looper needs to hit through the ball to create good enough spin when playing from far off the table, for which a hollow blade won't get you any consistent results.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2019 at 7:26am
Which rubber does have higher throw in freitas? (t05fx or t80)?
I am bh oriented olayer bud inhad problem with opening backspin with t05fx on freitas.
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2020 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Tried it out recently. Excellent looping blade for a composite. My piece is stiffer (at 6.02mm thick) than my Maze.

Surprisingly, the ALC layer definitely seems different from what Maze ALC has. Freitas composite layer is softer (perhaps, they changed the arylate to carbon ratio or used softer / thinner carbon to weave layer.

Better spin than Maze. Less bouncy. Not good for players that like to punch. Great for those that like to loop. As my Freitas is thicker than my Maze ALC, it does pack a punch while power looping or smashing. Thickness results in a slightly bigger sweet spot.

All in all, a very good blade. Better build quality than the Maze.

Hi slevin, can you compare Freitas ALC with HL5 ( newer version ). I am looking for something with similar or just a little faster speed and spin but better control.

For me HL5 lacks the punch in finishing shots especially against a player higher rated than myself and the other problem is that it is a bit bouncy especially when blocking heavy spiny loops passively on the BH side. The ball just bounces right off the bat if the racket angle or position is not proper.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic