Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power
    Posted: 06/08/2016 at 6:34am
Hi fellow forum members!

Do any of you own the Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power blade? If yes, could you kindly provide some reviews or feedback? Would be even better if you could give a review based on the Cpen RPB style.

Additionally, I understand that it is the same blade as the Ma Lin Extra Offensive 7 Power. Just a red and black tag difference. After searching through http://ttbdb.stervinou.net/ for the blade composition. Is it safe to say that this blade is a direct upgrade from the YEO? Just with two added carbon layers?
Walnut>Spruce>Ayous<Spruce<Walnut with 2 layers of carbon chucked in between?

Not to be confused with the Yasaka Extra Special. As I always felt the YES is more to a variation of the regular YE than the YEO.

Thanks! Smile

Edited by Chewy - 06/08/2016 at 6:36am
Sponsored Links

Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 8:10am
The YEO7 Power has wenge top, not walnut, and has inner carbon layers. It's not a direct YEO upgrade, in this sense.

It's a fast, stiff blade but fine for looping. Dwell is OK, control is good for the speed and it's not too bouncy for the short game.
nikk64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikk64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 8:51am
I think that the outer layer is walnut. My    YEO7P , adapted for penhold with RPV-
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/110519433115446774085/albums/5804353117699938145?authkey=CJfL84LzwIOBtQEalbums/6293802083507102001

Edited by nikk64 - 06/08/2016 at 8:54am
Butterfly Boll Tricarbon off , FH- Armstrong Attack 8 PZC-SP EX-X- 4.0 , RPB-Butterfly Tenergy 80-FX- max
video-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0vx5
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 8:52am
Thanks for the clarification Bran.
Do you know how the layers are arranged specifically? Any idea on the core wood?

Seems like a fast blade with acceptable control in this case.

@nikk yikes... You made me confused once more... Hahaha

Edited by Chewy - 06/08/2016 at 8:53am
nikk64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikk64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 8:56am
Smile  https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/110519433115446774085/album/6293802083507102001/6293802086527016210
Butterfly Boll Tricarbon off , FH- Armstrong Attack 8 PZC-SP EX-X- 4.0 , RPB-Butterfly Tenergy 80-FX- max
video-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0vx5
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 12:49pm
Nice picture Nikk. With your setup you seem to be the offensive player who favors close to mid distance I guess? Nice cork modification too.. Haha did you just stick on the cork sheet above the handle?

How does the YEO7 work for you? Similar to what Bran experienced too?
Do you have the regular YEO? How do these two blades compare if you do?

*PS.. Can anyone confirm the layers? Outer Wenge or Walnut? Wink

Edited by Chewy - 06/08/2016 at 12:51pm
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2016 at 2:28pm
If you zoom in on the high quality pictures available on TT11, you will see the typical wenge pattern with the very dark wood (darker than walnut) with the lighter coloured lines.

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/yasaka-extra-offensive-7-power

The description gives away the inner carbon. Visually, it seems to be wenge ayous carbon ayous core, but I'm not certain.
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 4:56am
Hey chewy, already bored with your strato?

I came close to buying YEO7P cpen about 3 months ago. I had to choose between it and Joola Rossi Emotion. I went with JRE coz it's better reviewed and has superior build quality compared to Yasaka blades (what I heard fron many different people).

My equipment dealer told me that's YEO7P is a pretty good blade. Quite fast and stiff still has good spin and very loopable. The carbon layers are very thin so that could be the reason for that.

JRE works great, it's "the blade" for me, but it has a smaller headsize for cpen and due to this i often hit the ball with the edge while reaching for the wide placed shots. Getting a new YEO JTTAA version this week, thanks to my EJ bug

Edited by ronakvyas86 - 06/09/2016 at 5:02am
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 10:58am
Heya Ron! You remembered! Smile

I've been playing TT leisurely almost forever! Just picked it(TT) up again due to too much stress on the knees from football; TT my knees can still cope!

Naturally the EJ bug comes back with it... hahahaha! But I do sell my rubbers and blades around to get new ones.

You know it's been so long and going back to RPB is always giving me regrets. Jpen, my fingers, wrists, finger joints all hurt less. I hit harder and faster too.. (10mm Hionki Blades) BUT... can never let go of RPB. Love-hate relationship you know?

The Strato feels good. But for a RPB is too thick, handles are too thick and blade is too thick for that. With traditional penhold, Jpen is better in this sense.

I've started using rubbers with more "medium" feel on my FH and softer ones for my BH. And guess what...... Something just arrived from mail from TT11. YEO7! ;)

I like Yasaka brand for their penhold. Slight elongated, comfortable and reasonably priced. With my EJ bug I also do have a weird preference. I do not like player's names on my blade if I could choose. LOL

Since you got the Joola (More Expensive I guess). Why don't you go for the YEO7 now? I just feel YEO is very popular indeed! But there are some similar blades, Stiga Intensity, Avalox, etc... What about the Carbonado 45 & 90s? Or the DHS hurricanes? Here it comes.. EJ bug... !

@ Hey Bran thanks for helping trying to figure it out! I for myself cannot tell the species of wood just by looking at it... At least I have a rough idea now. Thanks again!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 1:24pm
Let me know how YEO7 plays. I got YEO this time coz I didn't wanna be the only penholder EJ on earth who doesn't have a YEO.

I also don't like player names and pictures on blades. This is the reason that has always stopped me from buying hurricane hao series blades. The picture at the end of the handle is not appealing to me at all. No disrespect though, big fan of wang hao
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 1:38pm
Oh well... You just made me feel more guilty for not owning a YEO..
Sure. Will tell you more after this Sunday.

Doesn't YEO have Ma Lin's name on it? Yeah... Totally agree and understand on the name/face point.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 11:09pm
Yes it does has ma lin's name on it. But hey, it's YEO
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2016 at 4:01am
Haha yeap. Its a YEO afterall..

Oh Ron and with my YEO7 + EL-P + FX-P. One thing is for sure... It's hell of a heavy bat for me at least.
I seriously don't think it's my grip (Pressure on thumb, two-three fingers extended out) or my strength (Was a soldier, pretty physical and still keep fit now).

Just not comfortable. I might change out to lighter rubbers on the YEO7. And stick these heavies on my TSP Versal blade. Though I got to sand more due to the thickness.

Will let you know how it turns out.
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 4:28am
any new test/reviews for the Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

Let me know how YEO7 plays. I got YEO this time coz I didn't wanna be the only penholder EJ on earth who doesn't have a YEO.

I also don't like player names and pictures on blades. This is the reason that has always stopped me from buying hurricane hao series blades. The picture at the end of the handle is not appealing to me at all. No disrespect though, big fan of wang hao

I have a 85 gr cpen YEO but its slower than my shakehand YEO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic