Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nittaku FastArc Series; Light Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku FastArc Series; Light Rubbers
    Posted: 06/09/2016 at 11:08am
Hello everyone!

Some questions regarding the Nittaku FastArc series, P, G, C, S.. May I know which is hardest to softest?
I would like to know more options for a medium feel FH rubber and soft feel BH rubber.
And most importantly, light weight rubbers! I did read about the Nittaku Fastarc being light, are there any rubbers as light?

I do not necessarily need ESN or Tenergy rubbers. And if there is something similar but lacking the "boost/catapult" effect from Tensors. I'm fine with it.. as I know I cannot have best of both worlds.

I prefer spin to speed. But it does not have to be really tacky like chinese rubbers. With my playstyle, I am unable to bring out the best in Chinese rubbers anyway..

I consider Tibhar EL-P, Andro Rasant medium feel rubbers.
And FX-P and Tenergy FX rubbers soft feel rubbers.

Anything lighter? FastArc good choice? Tensor light-weights exist? Heard about the Donic Acuda series.. but not sure how light is light. Therefore using the Fastarc as a benchmark for now.

Big smile
Sponsored Links

caratoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caratoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 11:21am
I bought a fastarc s1 recently and it's pretty good. Really fast but I really wish there was more spin. But for my backhand side I couldn't find a really big weakness in the rubber. It feels rather medium-hard to me but I assume that it will get softer after I break it in some more.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 11:26am
Hey Caratoon,

Thank you. S1 = Medium to Hard based on your experience.
What about weight? Is it light? Compared to ESN/Tenergy rubbers? Or just a slight difference? 
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2016 at 12:19pm
if you want something without "boost/catapult" effect and lightweight try Focus III snipe. very light and very cheap
igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 1:01am
Fastarc series is made by ESNWink
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 2:23am
Fastarc S1 is probably one of the fastest rubbers out there, faster than the Calibras IMHO. Good for blocking, smashing and driving play. I consider S1 medium hard.
Fastarc G1 is really nice and generates great spin. Not soft nor hard more around medium.
G1 is Great on FH or BH.

Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 5:18am
@ Pilgrim, ok will check it out. I wonder if there really any power in those ultra light rubbers. Like Stiga Innova? And the one you mentioned Snipe 3.

@ igor, aww man.. The only reason I'm afraid with ESN rubbers is the weight. Unless Fastarc is a lighter ESN? Or are there really light weight ESNs?

@ knuckle ball, thank you. At least I now know that the G1 is softer than the S1. Is the G1 softest of the lot? Sounds like a compatible BH rubber. How do you find the weight of the Fastarc series? Normal? Light?

igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Chewy Chewy wrote:

@ Pilgrim, ok will check it out. I wonder if there really any power in those ultra light rubbers. Like Stiga Innova? And the one you mentioned Snipe 3.

@ igor, aww man.. The only reason I'm afraid with ESN rubbers is the weight. Unless Fastarc is a lighter ESN? Or are there really light weight ESNs?

@ knuckle ball, thank you. At least I now know that the G1 is softer than the S1. Is the G1 softest of the lot? Sounds like a compatible BH rubber. How do you find the weight of the Fastarc series? Normal? Light?

About weight:
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 7:23am
From Nittaku Spec.
Speed P1 = S1 > C1 > G1
Spin G1 > P1 = C1 > S1
Hardness P1 = G1 > C1 = S1
Throw Arc G1 > P1 = C1 > S1
Throw Distance S1 = P1 > C1 > G1
Pip Size G1 = C1 > P1 = S1
Pip Gap S1 > P1 > G1 = C1
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 7:47am
@igor , may I know where did you get the table? A link perhaps? Curious bout the other rubbers too.

@Turbo, turbo you sir are a lifesaver. Thank you! Couldn't figure out the catalogue as it was in Japanese!
igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 3:44pm

@igor , may I know where did you get the table? A link perhaps? Curious bout the other rubbers too.

@Turbo, turbo you sir are a lifesaver. Thank you! Couldn't figure out the catalogue as it was in Japanese!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2016 at 9:01pm

yep lighter than most of my rubbers.
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2016 at 12:52am
I must be the only one out there that thinks S1 is soft. I'd bottom out on it on every backhand hmm
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2016 at 2:15am
While browsing, I also found the TSP Agrit rubbers to be fast and light.
Thanks guys, the list and comments really helped.

The S1 is advertised as soft though...
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2016 at 2:20am
Originally posted by gekogark1212 gekogark1212 wrote:

I must be the only one out there that thinks S1 is soft. I'd bottom out on it on every backhand hmm

I would call it medium-soft (similar to Vega Europe) and definitely softer than G1. I initially liked it but after a couple of weeks it got softer and I didn't like to anymore.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2016 at 4:04am
I think the majority of you are pretty fast players. The bulk seem to prefer harder sponges.

I had a Xiom Omega IV I think.. somehow I didn't like it at all. Was quick and all but I just can't produce as much spin on it... My friend tried it too and said the same. Or maybe it's just us.. Wacko

Edited by Chewy - 06/11/2016 at 4:05am
xujinjiang99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xujinjiang99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2016 at 10:29pm
S1 is the softest and lightest, C1 is pretty soft too. I personally don't feel a big difference between the two.

G1 is the hardest and pretty heavy. 

I like the strong grip of the FastArc rubbers. Putting G1 on forehand and S1/C1 on backhand might be a good idea:) 

Edited by xujinjiang99 - 06/11/2016 at 10:32pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 5:50am
@chewy
Opppssss my mistake, my G1 is harder more spin and heavier than S1. Somehow I forgot as I don't use them much.  I like my G1 for FH or BH, while I have trouble finding a suitable blade for my S1, simply to fast for me.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 9:21am
Haha no worries Knuckle...
Had the list from Turbo earlier. At least we can know all agree that the S1 is indeed soft. Clap
Malex View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 1:41am
Hello,
 FastArc G1(Max) weight is 51g, Hard topsheet and sponge ( comparing Hexer, Tenergy), good spin, moderate speed, moderate catapult.
 Flyatt Hard(Max) - weght 44g, thin and soft topsheet, medium sponge. Very good backhand rubber. Moderate spin and good speed.
Malex
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic