FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 8:51pm
As always, rubber reviews are blade dependent - composite or wood.

I have glued EL-S to all-wood but not tried it yet.

On Hurricane Long V, EL-S is a freakin' rocket.
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 9:17pm
Please dont forget to report the weights of your uncut/cut rubbers! Thanks!
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 10:17pm
El-s, Red 1.9mm, 47.7g cut to Bty Head.
El-s, Black 1.9mm, 48.4 cut to Bty Head.
The black sheet feels harder than the red while playing.
..and it plays very good on theTB ZLF.Good ball hold and excellent arc. On the ALC, its ok, but not much different from the Xiom V
Omega Euro.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 07/29/2016 at 12:06am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 11:14pm
MX-P max 76g / 53g cut
EL-S max 72g / 49.5g cut
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 12:27am
So basically I guess the El-s doesn't nearly have as much spin as t05 ans mx-p on Harder drives/ loops, right?   ( considering its being used on a decently fast carbon composite, preferably a zl fiber blade)

Edited by nv42 - 07/29/2016 at 12:29am
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 1:16am
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

So basically I guess the El-s doesn't nearly have as much spin as t05 ans mx-p on Harder drives/ loops, right?   ( considering its being used on a decently fast carbon composite, preferably a zl fiber blade)

Yes, not as much spin on high impact shots. The trajectory flattens out a bit and the ball kicks less.
Its probably the best non tenergy dor the BH though if you play at mid distance and loop.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 3:03am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

My training night was cancelled this week, but I went into a league match with FX-S and EL-S tonight.  Because reasons.

I can totally see where both slevin and NextLevel's are coming from about EL-S.  It feels remarkably like T05 for general, medium effort shots.  The most important thing is that lifting backspin with an active stroke and counterlooping feels very similar, and is ridiculously easy.  It shares the spin sensitivity in passive play (but not the bounciness so much) and I had a hard time with pushing long initially.  On really hard strokes I didn't feel like the spin was quite there, but this does give EL-S an edge when smashing and blocking heavy incoming stuff IMO.

I had FX-S on my BH side and I really didn't like it, which surprised me.  I'm a big fan of FX-P, but for whatever reason I had real issues with FX-S and how its catapult behaved.  It's sensitive to incoming spin but pretty dead on slow impacts, and then throws high and gets fast, quickly.  Service return was giving me fits in particular, whereas EL-S was much more predictable and steady in comparison.  I usually like softer rubbers on by BH side, but I'm more used to bouncy behavior I think.  I guess FX-S's topsheet is absorbing the incoming pace.

Of course, I need a training session.  Going straight into a competitive match with untried rubbers is crazy and not great for evaluating the basic characteristics.  I still won my 3 matches though and that says something - as much as I didn't feel comfortable with FX-S, and as much as EL-S was more demanding in some ways than my usual FH rubber, they are pretty easy to use and it wouldn't take too long to adapt if I wanted to. 

Please, write the blade, which was used for testing. Blade's information is the most important. 
Various blade= totally various behaving of rubbers.

Did you use donic crest ar?

Edited by jackass22 - 07/29/2016 at 3:06am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 4:42am
Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

Please, write the blade, which was used for testing. Blade's information is the most important. 
Various blade= totally various behaving of rubbers.

Did you use donic crest ar?

I respectfully disagree.  I'd say the rubber is the most important factor when describing a rubber.  Without the rubber I would be describing thin air.  The blade is important, but not the most important.  I was using a Levi Basalt blade.

As I mentioned, it was only a match situation and I don't want to commit too heavily to an opinion.  Hence the lack of detail.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 5:58am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Yes, not as much spin on high impact shots. The trajectory flattens out a bit and the ball kicks less.
Its probably the best non tenergy dor the BH though if you play at mid distance and loop.
All I needed to know,thanks :). Guess that means it can't replace mx-p on my FH.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 8:32am
Which rubber is more suitable for game near the table for forhand(wrist topspin) (fx-s or el-s)?
I have fast blade and i need a little bit to slow down. I play only controlled topspin (not fast but spinny with wrist) and blocks. I am afdraid of reaction on incoming spin(like baracuda).
Which is better for blocking?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 8:43am
You can try Skyline 3 60 Mid Hard, medium speed, linear behavior, stable blocks, plenty of power close to the table...and the price is great.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 8:52am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

I think there are faster Non-Tenergies out there that support shorter strokes better.  I guess it is all about your technique.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 10:21am
had high hopes for ELS - I guess still worth a try for BH - though no miracle product ?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 10:48am
Its a good BH rubber for those using T80/05/64 on the bh...and a one to one replacement for those using 80/64 on the fh.
Its not worse than any of the tenergies and as good as 80/64.
I find it too soft for the FH as I use H3N on the FH andhave a more upright-forward stroke. People using T80 will not find it soft. People using T05 who find mx-p a little less juicy and directwill like it better than both.

Its a really good rubber. It is currently the best rubber out there for all round attackers who rely on placement and power over purely power.
..andI have played extensively with Rasant, rasant grip, rasant power grip, vega pro, omega 4 pro, omega v asia, omega x euro, mx-p, el-p, t05, t80 and t64.
I hope TableTennis11 hand out some more 10 euro coupons :-)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 10:52am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

had high hopes for ELS - I guess still worth a try for BH - though no miracle product ?

It seems really good to me, but not a revelation.

It does answer one of the most recurring questions of our generation - the T05 alternative.  It's not identical but the feel and spin performance in middle-gear looping and counterlooping is remarkably close, and I'd call the lack of low-gear spring a feature rather than a bug.  I'd choose it over T05 based on how it plays and price (although durability is obviously not really known yet),  but that's just me.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 11:23am
Many players have written, that el-s and fx-s are very bad for passive blocks. Somotimes the ball fall down and sometimes ball is kicked away- weird topsheet. 
If its true, its big issue for me... rubber without control by blocking....what a pitty
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

Many players have written, that el-s and fx-s are very bad for passive blocks. Somotimes the ball fall down and sometimes ball is kicked away- weird topsheet. 
If its true, its big issue for me... rubber without control by blocking....what a pitty

I did feel something along these lines with FX-S on my BH side during the match.  Early days though.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 2:16pm
Good review (google translate version) on a german forum:
Quote:
Posted by MaikS View Post
Even if the question is certainly something unpopular: Has anyone ever with at least 1900 + TTR, better 2000 + TTR tried the pad and can T05 better comparisons to MXP or?
Yes, I have 2000+ TTR points , level should be center for all associations between Oberliga above and Regional. I know Evolution MX-S and MX-P and especially Tenergy 05 and 64. Here you can find my review: http: // forum.tt-news.de/showthread.p...37#post2757837

Quote:
Posted by Jankov View Post
For a comparison zwischem the Xiom Omega 5 Europe and the El-S would mE exciting and suitable.
The Evolution EL-S is more powerful. I Xiom Omega tested 5 Pro Tour and Europe. These linings are good, but do not come serve up Tenergy- and Evolution coverings.

Quote:
Posted by -user- View Post
The bounce of the ball is at the EL-S is significantly higher and as here already can be described by many is wonderfully open with a topspin. With the EL-S am I doing here much easier than with the Tenergy 64. What I currently have major problems is the backhand backspin. Here I get the Tenergy 64 significantly more rotation in the ball and it goes much flatter over the net. Can not quite get used to the EL-S me at this blow.
I had previously played exactly your pad combination, Tenergy 05 on the forehand and Tenergy 64 on the backhand. With the EL-S I have on the backhand no problems, short Schupfablage or long Schupf aggressive, both works great and much-section, then open, with RH-Banana or RH topspin totally simple and with a lot of spin, then goes everything anyway whether block, counterattack, shot, topspin. It is therefore here on the backhand the same as on the forehand.

Quote:
Posted by schnittfix View Post
Is there who enjoys playing the EL-S on the backhand?
Yes, but something of top(see above) This is a very good post, in which the hardness of the Evolution EL-S is described super: http://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.p...20# post2761320 I would have never thought that I will make even such a statement after I have always something different ridiculed if, after " thesearch for the best flooring" or "penny!", because such a thing does not exist actually. But after I was super happy with Butterfly Tenergy previously many years, covering which have given me almost everything (VH: T05, RH: T64), there with Evolution MX-S and MX-P comparably good alternatives, I have now but for personally panacea found me: TIBHAR evolution EL-S - so if someone actually looking at the market for "the" best pad, then the EL-S is one of them.

Edited by slevin - 07/29/2016 at 2:17pm
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 3:52pm
Did anyone find it really good for bh openings/banana flicks? Got me wondering since Some ppl in those German forums said it's the 'best' rubber avaliable to open against backspin!
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2016 at 5:23pm
The spin is tremendous and the surface grip is the highest of any non-sticky rubber I have tried (similar to MX-S).  It's just that anyone who is saying it is a Tenergy replacement very likely boosts.  The ball quality is similar at medium speeds but there is a clear lack of catapult that gives it more control and makes it require larger strokes.  It won't bail you out quite like Tenergy does, but if the ball has spin, it will eat it all up.
Cybershape Carbon
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2016 at 2:33am
I found mx-p a bit better to do really short spinny serves compared to mx-s which needed a really thin and quick contact to keep it short as well as spinny. The mx-s Topsheet felt a bit less elastic compared to mx-p. Where do you think the El-s stands in this? I find that my short serves are the spinniest on mx-p/t05 followed by mx-s, rakza, aurus, oVt, in this order.

Tried them all on a xiom vega pro blade if that helps.

Edited by nv42 - 07/30/2016 at 2:39am
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2016 at 3:06am

I found mx-p a bit better to do really short spinny serves compared to mx-s which needed a really thin and quick contact to keep it short as well as spinny. The mx-s Topsheet felt a bit less elastic compared to mx-p. Where do you think the El-s stands in this? I find that my short serves are the spinniest on mx-p/t05 followed by mx-s, rakza, aurus, oVt, in this order.

Tried them all on a xiom vega pro blade if that helps.

So what's your objective playing level, nv42?  I would have thought quick and thin contact was high level serving.
Cybershape Carbon
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2016 at 9:50am
From the videos iv seen here I guess my lvl might be around 2100 usatt currently. I don't get the chance to play many tournaments these days since I spend quite a lot of time coaching and a part time job . Either way, my serves are as good if not better than many of the higher seeded players in my state in terms of deception. (which I follow up with a 3rd ball atk)

Well, I forgot to add that I can serve short n spinny pretty darn well with Chinese rubbers like h3, friendship rubbers etc but just couldnt get good really good spin with a thin brush on mx-s compared to those rubbers. Overall I found mx-p and t05 the easiest to use for my service game.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2016 at 11:20pm
I think when changing rubbers when serving, the transition to find the optimal technique to replicate your prior output can take longer than we think because of sponge behavior.  That said, I would not consider the topsheet grip of MX-P or Tenergy to be quite the same as MX-S, especially with the plastic ball, and I think that what you are probably looking at was more related to the "throw" of the rubbers than the actual amount of spin.  I think because EL-S is high throw, you might like how it serves.
Cybershape Carbon
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2016 at 6:22am
Makes total sense! Now that I look at it, I do seem to have a slight preference for rubbers with higher throw for my serves, never thought of it that way though! Thanks a lot for pointing it out and very well explained! . Now I gotta try the El-s out! Shoukd get it in around 10 days hopefully :)
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2016 at 3:42am
Hello,

I have now tested 2 times del EL-S and compared directly with MX-S and EL-P

First training unit:

MXS / Force Pro Edition Bleck / ELP
MXS / Force Pro Edition Bleck / ELS

Second training unit:

MXS / Stratus Power Wood / ELP
MXS / Stratus Power Wood / ELS

The ELS is very good rubber but I find difficult that FH-oriented players will replace their MXP or MXS or T05.
The surface is very spinning, very good control but lacks in power

Otherweise the rubber is very good for the BH and I personally would highly probably replace my ELP. The ELP plays too direct and provides less spin and control.
With ELS is much easier to open backspin and to serve short.
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2016 at 1:46pm
Could you compare blocks and control els vs mxp? And also compare your blades.
Thx
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2016 at 2:22pm
els is better for block than mxp that ist to fast 

in general I  didn't like the mxp for the bh 

regarding the blades is difficult to compare a 91g wood blade with a 85g wood blade

in my case the powerwood is more direct and faster 
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
incarnation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2016 at 9:42pm
Can someone please provide a bit more detail comparison between EL-S and T05/T64 in terms of SPEED, SPIN and Durability? Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2016 at 2:14am
Originally posted by incarnation incarnation wrote:

Can someone please provide a bit more detail comparison between EL-S and T05/T64 in terms of SPEED, SPIN and Durability? Thanks

Although EL-S can be used as a replacement for T80 and maybe T64, it does not play the same.

Differences:
Topsheet grip: EL-S has more topsheet grip as compared to T64.
Topsheet hardness: The topsheet is not as soft as T64. It is significantly harder, even harder than T05.
Throw angle: Throw angle is lower than T64 on counter-topspin. Nearly same throw angle on openings and blocks.
Passive play: Due to more rigid topsheet, passive play is not as easy. The ball sometime does not grip the topsheet as much as you would like.
Speed: A bit slower than T64 and T80 on medium shots. Have to work a bit more for the pace. Equally fast on full shots.
Weight: 3 gms heavier than T64 cut to BTY Head size.
Durability: Used it for close 40 hours now, no big issues yet. Topsheet seems more durable than T64.

Where it is better:
Spin: Higher spin potential, generally higher spin on all shots as compared to T64/T80.
Opening: Easier to open underspin
Smashing: easy smashing
Short underspin game: Not as touchy as T64

What it is not:
A T64 replacement. It can be an alternative, but not a 1-1 replacement.
It might be a T80 replacement on the BH, but I have not used T80 for a few months now.

My recommendation to everyone would be to give it a try if you are looking for a T64/T80  alternative/replacement. At the current price of 30-33 euros per sheet, it is excellent value.

All of this is on the BH on an ALC/ZLC blade. I play H3N on the FH.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 08/22/2016 at 2:21am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic