FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 7:16am
I think EL-S is a great improvement for Evo series 

Edited by assam - 10/31/2016 at 7:17am
Sponsored Links

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 7:32am
I think I am about to leave my beloved tenergy 05fx and switch to evolution fx-s

brexit made me do it
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 7:35am
I serve better with fx-s
block better with fx-s
loop is a bit harder because of lower throw
spin is higher I think
drive is better
tight game is safer

this is on a ligna off blade
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 7:35am
I did not like el-p or fx-p
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 10:23am
thank you guys, I've ordered el-s and fx-s, I'll let you know how it goes...
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 12:23pm
Thanks dude. i hope you will share your experience with us as well.Im not fully satisfied with ELS on my BH due to its sensitive topsheet to incoming spin. I would like to try a softer FXS as well...

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

My doubt is... El-s in theory should have even less catapult than El-P, because of the smaller pored sponge. (like MX-S has less catapult than MX-P). I wouldn't like to buy EL-s and discover it is even slower than el-p...
el-s doesn't have a small pored sponge like the mx-s.. It's sponge is similar to el-p. But it still feels a little less lively compared to the el-p until the sponge is activated, because of the hard topsheet. And I can't seem to get as much spin on my serves with the el-s compared to mx-p, t05, aurus, rakza, omega 5 series etc, no idea why!. Maybe I should try it on a differnt blade.

Oh well, guess it doesn't matter since yu ordered it already. Waiting for your thoughts :)
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

el-s doesn't have a small pored sponge like the mx-s.. It's sponge is similar to el-p. But it still feels a little less lively compared to the el-p until the sponge is activated, because of the hard topsheet.  

Not small pored? Very interesting. 

Harder topsheet could provide slightly higher throw, and could give it more arc than elp at full power. 

what is strange, though, is that MXS has softer topsheet than MXP (and lower throw.)

Edited by seguso - 10/31/2016 at 4:17pm
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 6:44pm
Even though the mx-s topsheet feels a bit softer than mx-p, I found it a tad more rigid and less elastic compared to the mx-p topsheet, because of which it gets that lower throw maybe.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2016 at 6:32pm
I´m not really happy with ELS on my BH, I was used to Traction II with loads of booster  and this one is quite slower, spinnier and higher arc with more sensitive topsheet.  I´m thinking if FX-S will fit my BH better than this one...Ermm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2016 at 7:43pm
FX-S was the best slapping rubber I ever used. I just wasn't convinced that I wanted to be a slapper.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2016 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I just wasn't convinced that I wanted to be a slapper.

That's what all slappers say, in my experience....
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2016 at 5:47am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I´m not really happy with ELS on my BH, I was used to Traction II with loads of booster  and this one is quite slower, spinnier and higher arc with more sensitive topsheet.  I´m thinking if FX-S will fit my BH better than this one...Ermm

of course.. fx is the right hardness for backhand. ON backhand, sometimes you can only do a quick wrist motion, and when you do that, the ball must shoot forward and fast, not upwards and slow. With fx, the ball shoots low and forward and fast, with el, it shoots high and slow and spinny.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2016 at 6:50am
Have you tried both of them? I fear FX-S to be quite slower than EL-S which isn´t really fast for my liking.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 11/05/2016 at 8:27am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2016 at 8:48am
I think fx-s is for mortals. a bit like tenergy 05 fx. for people who want to try and play a modern offence game but don't quite have the skillset to play with full versions
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2016 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Have you tried both of them? I fear FX-S to be quite slower than EL-S which isn´t really fast for my liking.

so fai I tried el-p and fx-p. fx-p is faster on bh loops with the wrist only.

I assume it's the same with els and fxs, cause it's due to the hardness.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2016 at 6:08pm
I so want to try EL-S on my backhand, but i m afraid it will be super slow compared to MX-P or 05
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2016 at 6:30pm
No, it's not that slow. Pretty much he same speed as T05
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2016 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

Yeah. And I am Barack Obama.
Cybershape Carbon
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 2:20am
Haha! Well, if all you do is hit winners with your bh, then it definitely won't be slow :P
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 4:45am
Ok Barack, you know...
I didn't find it much faster. But I've found MX-P much faster than T05. T05 and EL-S don't have such a big difference, but probably depends on your strokes...

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 5:09am

Ok Barack, you know...
I didn't find it much faster. But I've found MX-P much faster than T05. T05 and EL-S don't have such a big difference, but probably depends on your strokes...

MXP is indeed clearly faster than 05 and spin is quite similar new brand new, maybe 5% or 10% less. But once you wear off MXP and the tunning effect fades off, then it´s as fast as 05 but less spinnier.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 5:43am
That's true, and with a lower trowing angle. EL-S trowing angle is higher, close to t05
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 8:48am

Ok Barack, you know...

Looking with EL-S from mid distance is more work - it doesn't have the same sponge kick that 05 works.  This is what I mean.
Cybershape Carbon
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 9:57am
Far from the table I agree with you, at the table and at 2-3 meters from the table I couldn't find many differences. But I could find them when comparing t05 and MX-P, close to the table.
I didn't try the EL-S with booster but t05 is great with booster
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 5:40pm
I take back all I say about fx-s.

im back on 05fx for fh and am never trying anything else again in a vain attempt to save money.

you just cant beat that throw angle with tenergy
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 7:55am
I glued the els on the opposite side of elp, on my clipper cr. Tested it on forehand.

els is much slower, and much lower throw. Even less catapult than elp. 

exactly the same relation of mxs to mxp.

notably, when I increase the power of my shot, the els seems to decrease instead of increasing, so that the ball barely reaches the net. (probably it is just my impression, due to the fact els increases only linearly, whereas elp has catapult). However, the same stroke with elp produces a regular loop. 

at this point I have trouble understanding the purpose of the rubber.

True, I haven't yet boosted the els, but my elp I used for the comparison was boosted but very old. and yet it's a much better rubber.

I might speed glue it directly... I have little hope booster will do something.

it's true the els topsheet is harder than elp, and possibly also the sponge, but this has no consequence. the throw of els as I said is lower, and the catapult even less.

Update: With 1 layer of haifu whale speed glue, els has become playable. It is now as fast as elp (which does not have speed glue). The throw is still lower than elp, and requires a change of stroke. 

Basically, after boosting, els becomes exactly like bluefire jp02, two years later.

Edited by seguso - 11/07/2016 at 8:13am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 11:20am
As i said before i´m not that happy with ELS on my BH. Would you rather go for FX-S or maybe EL-P/FX-P? I´m begging to think  it´s the "S" topsheets that are  hard & dead as MXS or ELS but not springy enough

Edited by jonyer1980 - 11/07/2016 at 11:31am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 11:40am
Am I the only guy in this forum that think the EL-S is playable, Spin is on par with the Acuda Blues, Speed is good and controllable, the throw is also good , why do so many have issue with a good rubber ?
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 12:22pm
Everyone just expected a bit too much from it and were lot down, of course it's decent rubber in its own right, just not as good as mx-p, t05 etc
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic