FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S
    Posted: 06/11/2016 at 11:07pm
I heard they are out.  Anyone with a review or some info on where to purchase?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2016 at 11:37pm
They seem to be here:
http://www.teessport.com/rubbers-c6/tibhar-evolution-el-s-table-tennis-rubber-p9433

Expensive, though.
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 2:42am
Looks like they are due in mid August. If you select a colour and thickness, you get a message that says: "Stock Status: Out Of Stock - Expected Delivery W/C 15/08/16"

Edited by Sedis - 06/12/2016 at 2:42am
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2016 at 6:06am
They will be available in Germany from July 4, 2016.

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2016 at 10:25am
OK, so I made the out-of-character step of buying some new rubber, and the sheets arrived today.  They're hitting the open market now so all your usual suppliers will likely have stocks now (still not quite available in the UK yet though).

Basic specs (note the bigger sheet size than regular ESN):

Evolution FX-S - 1.9mm - Red - 168mmx178mm - 65.14g uncut, 43.91g cut
Evolution EL-S - 2.1mm - Black - 167mmx179mm - 72.32g uncut, 49.02g cut

The sponges are large-pored and don't have the booster smell of the original Evo -P range.  I'd estimate EL-S to be 45 degree and FX-S to be 42 degree in an uneducated finger-squishing exercise.  I'd say the topsheets are medium/soft, and very grippy (no slip or squeaky feel).  I'd say the topsheets have a bit more flexibility and are a touch shinier in appearance than MX-S, but retain the short pip height.

General quality of the sheets is great with no blemishes on the topsheets or unevenness in the sponges - as you'd expect from ESN really.  They aren't cut quite straight though - only obvious when I was using a ruler to measure the size of the uncut sheet.  Obviously not a problem once you cut them anyway, but not something I've seen from ESN sheets in the main.

Needed two good layers of glue on the sponge to deal with the large pores.  The sheets are totally flat and are easy to handle when making the bat up.

Unfortunately, my training night is Monday and they've arrived today, so it might be a week before I can even try them out.  Saaaaaaaad face.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2016 at 10:33am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

OK, so I made the out-of-character step of buying some new rubber, and the sheets arrived today.  They're hitting the open market now so all your usual suppliers will likely have stocks now (still not quite available in the UK yet though).

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Evolution EL-S - 2.1mm - Black - 167mmx179mm - 72.32g uncut, 49.02g cut</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">The sponges are large-pored and don't have the booster smell of the original Evo -P range.  I'd estimate EL-S to be 45 degree and FX-S to be 42 degree in an uneducated finger-squishing exercise.  I'd say the topsheets are medium/soft, and very grippy (no slip or squeaky feel).  I'd say the topsheets have a bit more flexibility and are a touch shinier in appearance than MX-S, but retain the short pip height.</span>
</span>
General quality of the sheets is great with no blemishes on the topsheets or unevenness in the sponges - as you'd expect from ESN really.  They aren't cut quite straight though - only obvious when I was using a ruler to measure the size of the uncut sheet.  Obviously not a problem once you cut them anyway, but not something I've seen from ESN sheets in the main.

Needed two good layers of glue on the sponge to deal with the large pores.  The sheets are totally flat and are easy to handle when making the bat up.

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Unfortunately, my training night is Monday and they've arrived today, so it might be a week before I can even try them out.  Saaaaaaaad face.</span>

Interested in EL-S.
Can't wait for your review.

Also almost all my red MXPs that I've bought were cut uneven as well. QC issue but not really noticeable once cut on the blade.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2016 at 10:56am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Also almost all my red MXPs that I've bought were cut uneven as well. QC issue but not really noticeable once cut on the blade.

Evos are a different sheet size, so I wonder if that's related?  I don't recall noticing it on any of my recent Bluefires or Omegas.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2016 at 1:56pm
Can't wait for your review, Andy. I've ordered a few sheets myself but it shall be at least a month before I try them.

I'm interested in comparison with another spinny 45 deg ESN new-gen rubber: the Omega V Europe.
ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2016 at 3:40pm
I also look forward to reading more reviews on these new rubbers from Tibhar. EL-S sounds mighty tempting.
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2016 at 5:08am

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Evolution EL-S - 2.1mm - Black - 167mmx179mm - 72.32g uncut, 49.02g cut</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">The sponges are large-pored and don't have the booster smell of the original Evo -P range.  I'd estimate EL-S to be 45 degree and FX-S to be 42 degree in an uneducated finger-squishing exercise.  I'd say the topsheets are medium/soft, and very grippy (no slip or squeaky feel).  I'd say the topsheets have a bit more flexibility and are a touch shinier in appearance than MX-S, but retain the short pip height.</span>
</span>

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Unfortunately, my training night is Monday and they've arrived today, so it might be a week before I can even try them out.  Saaaaaaaad face.</span>

I would be interested to know who it lasts??

Personally I think that FX-P is wonderful when you get it and degenerates very quickly within a couple of weeks, I think it is heavily treated.
Personally I think tenergy 05fx last much longer by miles and also worsens more linearly so you don't notice as much.
If FX-S is going to have more durability I think it could be an excellent rubber
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2016 at 5:32am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

I would be interested to know who it lasts??

Personally I think that FX-P is wonderful when you get it and degenerates very quickly within a couple of weeks, I think it is heavily treated.
Personally I think tenergy 05fx last much longer by miles and also worsens more linearly so you don't notice as much.
If FX-S is going to have more durability I think it could be an excellent rubber

It's obviously too early to say, but I can at least say that EL-S and FX-S are a different generation to FX-S and have a different topsheet, no obvious booster smell (booster could be odorless of course).  So we can hope that durability has improved - I certainly find that recent ESN rubbers last longer than the older ones like Bluefire M.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2016 at 7:30am
http://www.tt-spin.de/tibhar-evolution-fx-s/

interesting review here in german and of el-s
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 11:02pm
http://www.tt-spin.de/tibhar-evolution-belagtest/

Overall comparison of all Evolution rubbers by this reviewer.

Great infographs!

I find it interesting that EL-S has the highest throw of the 3 (MX-P, MX-S, EL-S) and the most comparable to a T05 replacement. 

Im also wondering hows the weight of 1.9-2.0 EL-S compared to 1.9-2.0 MX-P if anyone has that information?

Edited by DreiZ - 07/26/2016 at 11:08pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2016 at 11:50pm
I spent 3 hours with EL-S (max, red) today at the club (so, not enough info yet for a detailed opinion).

Setup 1: Hurricane Long V (90g) / H3 Neo 39 (unboosted) / EL-S (max)
Setup 2: MJ-SZLC / H3 Neo 39 (boosted) / Omega V Europe (max)

Basically, the EL-S is the most T05-like rubber out there by a long mile. A bit softer than T05 and all the ensuing properties of the softness follow (a bit easier to spin than T05, max spin potential reaches at a bit lesser arm speed, etc). Medium-high throw (higher than MX-P). Excellent synergy between topsheet and sponge (much better than that in XVE or Rasant Grip).

By T05-like, I mean that a T05 user would feel at home right away with this one. I never thought MX-P was like T05 at all (MX-P, to me, is closer to a highly boosted H3 Neo).

Cut to a Hurricane Long V (which is a larger blade than the standard Butterfly ones), the EL-S max was 50g including glue (so, not too heavy at all).

It is spinnier than the other 45 degree ESN tensors out there once one uses the sponge (XVE is a shade spinnier if you brush only).

Perhaps, the sponge is 0.5 - 1 degree harder than that of the Omega V Europe. Still, I was hoping that it would be a shade harder than it currently is. My mini-beef with ESN 45 deg rubbers (I saw this in Rakza 9 and XVE - both of which I love when new) is that they become softer after 2 weeks and start bottoming out sooner.

For those who don't know yet, the EL-S has been getting fantastic reviews on the German TT forums. Quite a few players who did not think that MX-P was a T05 quality rubber are now thinking of leaving T05 for the EL-S.

Definitely worth trying!

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 12:07am
My sheets are at the post office. Will pick up and test tomorrow evening.
Cybershape Carbon
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 12:12am
All these reviews making me want to return my newly bought MXP sheets Confused and get EL-S.
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 1:10am
I have to glue two el-s 2.0 to my blade...I'll let you know how it performs
Viscaria FL
Omega VII Pro 2.0 Black FH
Omega VII Euro 2.0 Red BH
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2016 at 4:01pm
Could you compare el-s, fx-s and fx-p.
Throw, speed.
Thanks
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 12:11am
Another rubber proves the value of the spring sponge. I can see amateurs using this. Pros not so much. This is my first opinion tho.
Cybershape Carbon
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 5:28am
Was worried about that very fact. For me, non of the ~45 deg tensors come close to t05 spin in the higher gears. Looking forward to further thoughts from you NL. :)
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 6:26am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Another rubber proves the value of the spring sponge. I can see amateurs using this. Pros not so much. This is my first opinion tho.

I take it the rubber still doesnt give the feeling of the wood as much as tenergy?
Mart11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 12:30pm
This is getting fun...just got an e'mail from TTmode as I guess their other customers too that today they have to disable their special weekly offer for new Evolution and maybe all Evo rubbers. The reason was some kind of suppliers marketing policy. It made me think guys if this was not the beginning of some kind of BTY strategy, lol! 

ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 3:09pm
Well it works for Butterfly, so you can't really blame them. I'm glad I ordered a sheet with the special price though. I guess the deal is still on through the end of the day if anyone is on the fence on whether to try it out.
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 3:29pm
I doubt it but out of curiosity I checked TT11 - no special restrictions for discount on any Tibhar rubbers
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I doubt it but out of curiosity I checked TT11 - no special restrictions for discount on any Tibhar rubbers
Yes we have new Tibhar rubbers in stock and Volume Discount do apply:
And here are some discount coupons for the MYTT community:
QUEPL
CTECQ
BJAHO
MQCEU
FINHO
  • worth 10 EUR each
  • each coupon can be used only once
  • minimum order value 50 EUR
:)

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 5:15pm
Really need someone to compare the weights of 1.9-2.0mm and 2.1-2.2mm EL-S, FX-S, and MX-P please!
Thank you!
Soundoff88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 5:22pm
Thank you. coupon code FINHO used.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 5:25pm
My training night was cancelled this week, but I went into a league match with FX-S and EL-S tonight.  Because reasons.

I can totally see where both slevin and NextLevel's are coming from about EL-S.  It feels remarkably like T05 for general, medium effort shots.  The most important thing is that lifting backspin with an active stroke and counterlooping feels very similar, and is ridiculously easy.  It shares the spin sensitivity in passive play (but not the bounciness so much) and I had a hard time with pushing long initially.  On really hard strokes I didn't feel like the spin was quite there, but this does give EL-S an edge when smashing and blocking heavy incoming stuff IMO.

I had FX-S on my BH side and I really didn't like it, which surprised me.  I'm a big fan of FX-P, but for whatever reason I had real issues with FX-S and how its catapult behaved.  It's sensitive to incoming spin but pretty dead on slow impacts, and then throws high and gets fast, quickly.  Service return was giving me fits in particular, whereas EL-S was much more predictable and steady in comparison.  I usually like softer rubbers on by BH side, but I'm more used to bouncy behavior I think.  I guess FX-S's topsheet is absorbing the incoming pace.

Of course, I need a training session.  Going straight into a competitive match with untried rubbers is crazy and not great for evaluating the basic characteristics.  I still won my 3 matches though and that says something - as much as I didn't feel comfortable with FX-S, and as much as EL-S was more demanding in some ways than my usual FH rubber, they are pretty easy to use and it wouldn't take too long to adapt if I wanted to. 
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 6:02pm
Thanks for the input. Since my MPX needs a replacement, could you compare to it in terms of speed/spin/control? Im thinking about switching to this one or keeping same trusty MXP
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2016 at 6:24pm

My training night was cancelled this week, but I went into a league match with FX-S and EL-S tonight.  Because reasons.

I can totally see where both slevin and NextLevel's are coming from about EL-S.  It feels remarkably like T05 for general, medium effort shots.  The most important thing is that lifting backspin with an active stroke and counterlooping feels very similar, and is ridiculously easy.  It shares the spin sensitivity in passive play (but not the bounciness so much) and I had a hard time with pushing long initially.  On really hard strokes I didn't feel like the spin was quite there, but this does give EL-S an edge when smashing and blocking heavy incoming stuff IMO.

I had FX-S on my BH side and I really didn't like it, which surprised me.  I'm a big fan of FX-P, but for whatever reason I had real issues with FX-S and how its catapult behaved.  It's sensitive to incoming spin but pretty dead on slow impacts, and then throws high and gets fast, quickly.  Service return was giving me fits in particular, whereas EL-S was much more predictable and steady in comparison.  I usually like softer rubbers on by BH side, but I'm more used to bouncy behavior I think.  I guess FX-S's topsheet is absorbing the incoming pace.

Of course, I need a training session.  Going straight into a competitive match with untried rubbers is crazy and not great for evaluating the basic characteristics.  I still won my 3 matches though and that says something - as much as I didn't feel comfortable with FX-S, and as much as EL-S was more demanding in some ways than my usual FH rubber, they are pretty easy to use and it wouldn't take too long to adapt if I wanted to. 

I've not been able to make sense of FX-S either even though I trained with it a bit yesterday.  I just assumed that my Tenergy 05 usage has left me unable to deal with these rubbers as patiently.  I give them credit for improving the throw angle of the series, but I still think that people looking for a Tenergy sub underestimate the role the spring sponge in making Tenergy Tenergy.  I think what distinguishes Tenergy is the wide range of swing speeds at which it gives heavy spin and appropriate speed for a short stroke.  If you want to do all the work yourself, find a more neutral rubber.  But EL-S is in my sweet spot for looping - I don't loop hard enough to not like it.  But the slow ball effects will take some getting used to and I doubt it will be as forgiving when I am late to the ball.  And in this era when the plastic ball is so hard to get moving, the extra help from Spring sponge helps a lot, IMO.
Cybershape Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic