Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittanu Acoustic original or fake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Timo B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittanu Acoustic original or fake
    Posted: 06/14/2016 at 2:37pm
Hello,

Just bought a Nittaku Acoustic secondhand and I was wondering if anyone could tell me this in an original blade or a replica/fake one.

Thanks in advance for your response.!

Cheers,
Timo B.

OSP Virtuoso
Butterfly Rozena
Butterfly Rozena
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2016 at 3:03pm
I fear...

You may want to contact the mod with detailed info of the transaction if it was conducted through mytt.

Edited by zeio - 06/14/2016 at 3:06pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Timo B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2016 at 3:11pm
No it is not bought through this forum
OSP Virtuoso
Butterfly Rozena
Butterfly Rozena
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2016 at 4:21pm
Difficult to say from pictures alone, but for sure it differs from mine.
1) The character spacing on the forehand side of the blade slightly differs from my Acoustics (e.g. the number "5" in the first row is closer to the "P" in mine)
2) In the lenses of all Acoustics I've seen, the text "MADE IN JAPAN" is preceded and followed by a dot, like in "· MADE IN JAPAN ·"
3) The font used for "J.T.T.A.A." in the metal plate seems to be shorter than in my Acoustics.

There may have been different production lines with slightly different appearance, but I would tend to say it's not genuine. Besides, the overall build quality (sharpness of cuts and prints, edges, incision on metal plate) does not seem very high, wheres all Acoustics I've seen were impeccable.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2016 at 4:34pm
Sorry for you but this blade is a fake.
danieldangz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieldangz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2016 at 4:37pm
I notice that the metal tag is not genuine also.  Instead of "MADE IN JAPAN",  It shows "MADI IN JAPAN"
igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2016 at 1:10am
Here is how original looks:

Edited by igorigor - 06/15/2016 at 1:16am
Timo B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2016 at 12:51pm
Thanks all for your answers! Decided NOT to buy this blade.
OSP Virtuoso
Butterfly Rozena
Butterfly Rozena
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2016 at 11:18pm
Sorry you gotta fake blade : the tag is poorly made and letterings are vague; shape of the blade is improperly cut. I believe you got it from China. Congratulations......
Jeff_TT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 1:36pm
The blade is a fake. There are some similarities to my own recent experience. 

I already had a Acoustic purchased from Paddle Palace as reference. Bought another one "second hand but new" on ebay from a local seller. Brand new rubbers were on so I'm unable to tell you about how the head looks but the handle had multiple clues to it's fake origin. 

The first clue was that the orange strips were more yellow than orange and narrower too. The font of the heat stamped letters is also different. Original is on top in the photo. Note that my original blade has ST handle and the new one has FL.

The second clue is in the tag. If you look carefully, the circle after the word Nittaku contains a sharply printed "R".

In the fake, the circle contains no legible character.

The most obvious problem is that, while the original Acoustic has a guitar in the logo

the fake has... a violin (I guess they make fake Nittaku Violin blades too but don't bother faking both logos):The insertion of the logo is also less neatly done than on the original.

Bottom line is that lot-to-lot or factory-to-factory differences may exist but this is ridiculous. However, I would not have been able to tell without certainty if I did not have an original to compare. The ebay seller took his blade back and said he had purchased it from a reputable Japanese outlet but I did not attempt to verify that. 

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 4:10pm
i have a legit one for sale. Pass as brand new. cant tell apart. 95$ shipped in the U.S. open to offers.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 4:23pm
Soon I read one interview with Mr.Ma (owner of a very big online store) where he said fake items are going to be better and better than the originals :)
Some people gone in the jail because of producing fake items too. That was mentioned in the interview. All these people gone in the jail because they have made fake items better than the originals :))
Sorry for my laugh, but this is more than funny! In the same time there is a reason for that. So, I think people that are making fake items with lower quality than the originals could be calm for now! Lol...

First I noticed non-symmetric parts in this blade and this is enough to say it is fake item.
Precision in signatures is also with lower quality and even mistake is available.
Seems the blade maker was not so brave to risk his life and made it easy to recognize :))
Be careful in the future for these details!
Jeff_TT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

First I noticed non-symmetric parts in this blade and this is enough to say it is fake item.

Yes. The cross-section of the handle on my fake blade shows a lot of asymmetry between the 4 black components. 
I am unable to comment on the quality of performance or feel of this blade since the Hurricane 3 rubbers still had their original protective film and I did not want to compromise the refund. The vibration from bouncing a ball was very different from original but then again I had very different rubbers on my original Acoustic. 
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 4:34pm
Guys got cut only if they are greed for cheap price. An apple is always an apple, never be a pear.
Jeff_TT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

Guys got cut only if they are greed for cheap price. An apple is always an apple, never be a pear.
I agree that if the price looks too good to be true it probably is, but there are brand new Acoustic blades available at full price from Chinese ebay sellers. Given how widespread the copycat industry appears to be in China, I don't think I would trust them just because they sell at full price. Until this recent misfortune I had purchased all my TT equipment from reputable on-line retailers. From now on, that's what I'll stick to. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic