Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Olympics Rio 2016 - Zhang Jike or Ma Long

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olympics Rio 2016 - Zhang Jike or Ma Long
    Posted: 06/27/2016 at 9:48am

Olympics RIO 2016 - Table Tennis

VS                                            

Olympics RIO 201

Where: at the third pavilion of Riocentro
When: this summer, from 6 to 17 August 2016
Schedule: [Here]
PPreliminary rounds¼Quarterfinals½SemifinalsFFinal
Event↓/Date →Sat 6Sun 7Mon 8Tue 9Wed 10Thu 11Fri 12Sat 13Sun 14Mon 15Tue 16Wed 17
Men's singlesP¼½F
Men's teamP¼½F
Women's singlesP¼½F
Women's teamP¼½F

Question: 
a) Zhang Jike will get his 2nd GRAND SLAM ?
b) Ma Long will achieve his 1st GRAND SLAM ?

You can vote here [http://goo.gl/ulkXFp]

See the result of vote here [http://goo.gl/zGC0St]
You can also see the location of voters, the time of vote, and percentage of results.
Personally, I think that Zhang Jike has a lower chance than Ma Long. Show your thought by comment in this topic.

Edited by HowToPlayChineseLoop - 12/26/2016 at 7:51am
Sponsored Links

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 10:09am

Ma Long Rio Gold

Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 10:18am
Hoping for Ma Long for win, he is my favorite player to watch, if he fails I will be disappointed and feel bad for him.
Shifter
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 11:59am
Ma Long
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
Tibhar Evolution MX-P BH/FH
perniciousnc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perniciousnc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 12:22pm
ZJK
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by perniciousnc perniciousnc wrote:

ZJK
======================
Not so fast.  Saw this comment on a Chinese TT website.

Poster:   资深国球粉[湖北武汉]
Post:  我敢断定现在的奥运会男女乒乓球出战阵容在上报名单最后期限之前必将改变。我还从没预判失误过。不信?请敬侯佳音.
-----------------------------------------------
Translation:
The poster predicts that the Olympic's TT players list will be revised before the deadline (which is 7-18-2016).  (The date has been corrected.)

As this comment is to an article about ZJK's loss to Chen Chien-An in the Korea Open, so he implies ZJK.

While LGL does not have the courage to read all those TT fans comments, he must be aware that his friends, colleagues, his boss and his boss's boss and some officials in the government agency (e.g. sports ministry) may be aware of those unfavorable comments - it will be a tough, nail-biting decision for LGL to make.

Edited by skip3119 - 06/27/2016 at 5:45pm
skip3119
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 3:12pm
Stop reading those silly comments, skip.  Go read up the sections "E. CONFIRMATION PROCESS FOR QUOTA PLACES" and "F. REALLOCATION OF UNUSED QUOTA PLACES" of the qualification system.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 4:32pm
I hope ZJK.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 5:48pm
I think July 18, 2016 is that when everything is carved in the stone.

Edited by skip3119 - 06/27/2016 at 5:50pm
skip3119
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 5:53pm
Where is my first post when I answered this. I think it was in December 2015. 

ZJK will play, and he will win it. You are just torturing yourself. He is no more losing for the lack of trying, he is in good shape and trying 100%, but is not what he used to be. Noticeably slower for one, and serve return is different with this ball, his main weapon is barely a weapon now. 
But he will squeak his way to the final, and then...
HE is still the ONE who can beat Ma Long. 
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Stop reading those silly comments, skip.  Go read up the sections "E. CONFIRMATION PROCESS FOR QUOTA PLACES" and "F. REALLOCATION OF UNUSED QUOTA PLACES" of the qualification system.
If ZJK is not going, will the next best-ranked athlete (Fang Bo) receive the call , or will FZD go?
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

I think July 18, 2016 is that when everything is carved in the stone.

You can't be serious.  You gotta truly understand the rules here.  Everything has been set in stone the moment ZJK was picked.  Why?  'cos there is no one else to replace him with.  The one next in line is Fang Bo.  What would be his ranking in August?

Quote REALLOCATION OF UNUSED QUALIFICATION PLACES SINGLES EVENTS

2. ITTF Olympic Singles Ranking List

Any unused quota place obtained through the ITTF Olympic Singles Ranking list will be reallocated to the next best-ranked eligible athlete of the same gender, not yet qualified, on the ITTF Olympic Singles Ranking list of May 2016.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

If ZJK is not going, will the next best-ranked athlete (Fang Bo) receive the call , or will FZD go?
They keep track of who got rejected.  Ask yourself why?
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 7:12pm
If fang bo went to the olympics and am long won over him I think his gold wouldn't be acknowledged.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 8:20pm
I voted Ma Long.  There oughta be a poll of whether or not you think Zhang Jike will even make it to the Finals.  When he wins I hear how in great form he is.  When he loses, I just hear oh... it's not an important tournament so he doesn't care.  He'll step up when it counts.  To some, he can do no wrong.  I just don't buy that he doesn't care until the Olympics.  There's no doubt he's a great player.. one of the greatest in the history of TT.  But *right now*, Xu Xin and FZD are clearly stronger against non-Chinese players than ZJK.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

I voted Ma Long.  There oughta be a poll of whether or not you think Zhang Jike will even make it to the Finals.  When he wins I hear how in great form he is.  When he loses, I just hear oh... it's not an important tournament so he doesn't care.  He'll step up when it counts.  To some, he can do no wrong.  I just don't buy that he doesn't care until the Olympics.  There's no doubt he's a great player.. one of the greatest in the history of TT.  But *right now*, Xu Xin and FZD are clearly stronger against non-Chinese players than ZJK.
==============================
I agree with this statement 100%, very true indeed.
But *right now*, Xu Xin and FZD are clearly stronger against non-Chinese players than ZJK.
==============
The world top non-Chinese players in Olympics TT are happy with LGL's choice.  They now have a shot at the Silver Medal.
Against Fan Zhendong or Xu Xin, they have no shot.

Edited by skip3119 - 06/27/2016 at 8:41pm
skip3119
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2016 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

If zjk makes it to the finals, it will be a miracle. However, I think he can step up, and he can beat any non-Chinese player in a single match. The problem is that his condition (physical or mental) cannot sustain him through the whole tournament. 
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 12:49am
None of them. Both will have their medals robbed right after the final.
Epid3xia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epid3xia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 7:54am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Why do you think that? Doping? Illegal equipment?
Single Ply Hinoki Club Member
Darker Speed 90 9mm Shakehand 86g
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Epid3xia Epid3xia wrote:

Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Why do you think that? Doping? Illegal equipment?

No. Because it will happen in Rio.
I live in Brazil and believe me: the easiest way to die in Rio is take a walk in Rio Branco avenue, being surrounded by 4 kids between 10 and 15 and get stabbed 5 times.
But the good news is that if you give them your watch, cellphone, gold necklace and your wallet they will stab you only once.
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 10:58am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

It's like the brexit: "WE WERE JUST KIDDIIIIINNNG!"

And zjk will be replaced due to lower back problems...
There's always ibuprofen and steroid shots for back pain. Oops, the last one is doping. So it's ibuprofen for Zhang Jike...
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 11:35am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

It's like the brexit: "WE WERE JUST KIDDIIIIINNNG!"
And zjk will be replaced due to lower back problems...
==============================

LGL had to rob 2 players' chance (successively) to play Olympics in order to get ZJK in.  He likes ZJK too much to change his mind.

(Fan Zhendong did not say anything, but don't think Fan is happy.)

Fan is still young but 4 years is a long long time, who knows what will happen to Fan's health and his playing level in 4 years ?????

(On women's side, don't think Liu Shiwen, ITTF world #1, is happy either.)

Edited by skip3119 - 06/28/2016 at 11:37am
skip3119
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 11:38am
Brazil is really risky right now. Almost as scary as Africa. Or South Side of Chicago. I wouldn't go to either of these. I heard police is protesting that they are not getting paid. I bet the athletes who have to go there are really nervous. Even without that it is third-world dirty and got that crazy zika sheet..
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

Brazil is really risky right now. Almost as scary as Africa. Or South Side of Chicago. I wouldn't go to either of these. I heard police is protesting that they are not getting paid. I bet the athletes who have to go there are really nervous. Even without that it is third-world dirty and got that crazy zika sheet..
ya, few top golfers pull out of Rio due to Zika, imagine no ML, MJ, OD, CCY, TB LOLLOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic