Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lucifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2016 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Originally posted by danieldangz danieldangz wrote:

Dandoy is also out of stock

So it is a popular and hot selling item at the moment. Lucky I got mine before Olympics so I can watch Dima play while holding it ! Clap

If you can't find it anywhere then Dandoy is good to let you place your order with discount pricing and wait for restock. Other sellers may get stock but sold out again before you know it. So better get in line for it now. 

if there's one guy I wouldn't trust to be using what it seems he's using then that has to be ovtcharov.
a few months back he was using tape to cover the side of the blade!
he's also changed the handle of his blade many times, more than any other pro player I can think of.

Edited by lucifer - 08/05/2016 at 12:13pm
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2016 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Funny how people are willing to continually post an opinion about a blade they haven't used.

Some people are almost like cult members when it comes to Butterfly stuff.  
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2016 at 5:39pm
Here's Ovtcharov pretending to show his racket:
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/sonst/olympia-2016-in-rio-athleten-stellen-ihre-sportgeraete-vor-a-1105160.html
(Scroll down for the video.)

He says his blade is different from the commercial model (larger, more top-heavy), and that he changes it every 3 months.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2016 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by powerhouse powerhouse wrote:

What's the head size of the Donic True Carbon blade please.

The famous 150 x 157mm. Can't say it is by coincidence. 
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2016 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Well, almost all US online stores have it. Just need to pay a little more. I can order one from Megaspin and have it next Monday. 

By the way, megaspin has a summer sale with code summer16 for 5% off. That is probably the best price in US at the moment. Ammerican table tennis has an assembled paddle with blue P turbo rubbers for $155. Not bad either.

That price is not bad for anyone living in USA. I paid about US$128 for mine from Dandoy assembled with Acuda Blue P1 Turbo both sides. Great matching rubbers with this blade. Very fast when you need it and equally fine to control where it land and keeping the ball on the table. Exactly what Americantabletennis is saying about this combo. 
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2016 at 9:28pm
atta boy donic!
stick it to the moth lovers!

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2016 at 10:40pm
I am still using my DTC after a decade using the Viscaia.

Still a great blade. Still exactly what I was looking for when I decided I wanted a Viscaria with a ST handle.

I have no hesitation in recommending this blade.

I have no idea if Dima uses it. It doesn't really matter. It is a very good blade. Essentially identical to Btfly ALC blades with a nice handle in a different shape that I like better.   

It is the only non-Btfly ALC blade I've tried that is every bit as good as Btfly. I've tried most of the imitators (but not Double Day, which I hear are good too).
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 12:01pm
could anybody confirm the wood used for the top layer.  thanks.
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 12:20pm
The top layer is a koto
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 12:53pm
thanks Wolf,  BTW the Joola Maxxxp I found more suitable for the BH on the Crest AR+.
edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 8:41am
Bump. 

Has anyone figured out what the layers of this blade are yet? Also, does anyone know how it would compare to the Innerforce ALC? 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 10:15am
ALC layers are close to the surface like a Viscaria, so quite different from  Innerforce.

slevin has a couple also and commented somewhere on the essentially Viscaria-like playing feel of the blade, other than shape of handle.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 1:47pm
Here you can compare the composition of Viscaria, ZJ ALC and Ovtcharov True Carbon

For me it looks as if Ovtcharov True Carbon has the thinnest outer veneer of these three blades.

If you compare the first (outer) and third veneer of these blades:
- OTC = thicker third veneer and thin outer veneer
- ZJ ALC = thicker outer veneer and (little bit) thinner third veneer
- Viscaria = first and third veneer with same thickness

I don`t know, if this is always a fact, but at least at my blades.
The core seems to be kiri in each of these blades, but the OTC-core looks lighter.

Generally OTC is thinner (5,5 mm) than ZJ ALC and Viscaria (both = 5,7-5,8 mm).
Therefore OTC is a notch slower than the other two blades and the feeling is a notch softer.

Edited by Magic_M - 10/12/2016 at 1:51pm
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 4:01pm
For whoever purchased a FL OTC can you post some pictures of the handle? Not that many good pictures of FL handle are online. 

Would love to see a side by side picture compared to a FL TB ALC or Viscaria. Much Thanks.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

For whoever purchased a FL OTC can you post some pictures of the handle? Not that many good pictures of FL handle are online. 

Would love to see a side by side picture compared to a FL TB ALC or Viscaria. Much Thanks.

My thoughts exactly - thanks.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

My thoughts exactly - thanks.

Also ST handle vs ST TB ALC/other popular BTY and non-BTY blades.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 5:39pm
ST-handle-comparison: Spirit, ZJ ALC, OTC

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2016 at 2:51am
Found pictures of TC FL in a For Sale thread by slevin. Funny the picture of Dima was replaced by Zhou Yu in the handle?! 

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=76922&title=reduced-donic-ovtcharov-true-carbon-scaly-koto

Edited by TurboZ - 10/13/2016 at 4:13am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2016 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Generally OTC is thinner (5,5 mm) than ZJ ALC and Viscaria (both = 5,7-5,8 mm). Therefore OTC is a notch slower than the other two blades and the feeling is a notch softer.

I have 3 OTC that are 5.5mm and one that is 5.75mm. The 5.75mm one is faster and more powerful than the Viscaria.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2016 at 8:39am
I also have two that vary in thickness. The variability concerns me. But my thick one is awesome and fast. If somebody has a thick one with ST handle and wants to trade for thinner one, let me know.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2016 at 9:19am
because I failed to track down a FLared at 90+ , i bought a anatomic 90+ grams.
if anyone has a Flared near 91g and would like to trade (i can add esn rubber from my end, or cash)

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2016 at 11:07am
I will wait until they have it locally to see it for myself, but from M_Magic's pictures above of the composition of Viscaria, ZJ ALC and Ovtcharov True Carbon, I would have to say the Bty Blades look more appealing.  As for the ST handle, it looks like the OTC has a wider handle (from above Pics), and may be better for those with a large hand, or those who dislike the SQ handle from Bty.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 11:11am
finally got my hands on an OTC.  Nittaku  Fastarc P-1 FH , MAXX-P BH.  The blade has good feel but setup is 176g = blade is probably on the light (slow) side.  P-1 feels ok but MAXX-P feels slow on flat hits, ok for counter loop.  Any suggestions for another BH rubber?
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 11:42am
Loving omega iv pro on the bh.
This sheet is some 2 years old. Partly faded but damn it still grips nicely. Speed is perfect. Its much faster than my omega v pro.

Im looking for a flared or anatomic 91g+ if anyone is selling please contact me.

Edited by asifgunz - 11/08/2016 at 11:58am

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Loving omega iv pro on the bh.
This sheet is some 2 years old. Partly faded but damn it still grips nicely. Speed is perfect. Its much faster than my omega v pro.

Im looking for a flared or anatomic 91g+ if anyone is selling please contact me.

thanks, will check if I still have O4P on a blade - remember it was quite bouncy

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

finally got my hands on an OTC.  Nittaku  Fastarc P-1 FH , MAXX-P BH.  The blade has good feel but setup is 176g = blade is probably on the light (slow) side.  P-1 feels ok but MAXX-P feels slow on flat hits, ok for counter loop.  Any suggestions for another BH rubber?

I don´t know if it fits well with OTC, but the best BH rubber I´ve tried was Tenergy 64.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I don´t know if it fits well with OTC, but the best BH rubber I´ve tried was Tenergy 64.
thanks, probably goes well but I decided against using T64 because it plays all by itself  (hiding my stroke shortcomings)
edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 8:50pm
The True Carbon is currently on weekly special at TT11 for $66. Flared handle in stock. Snap them up before they disappear again!

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donic-ovtcharov-true-carbon
notgooord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notgooord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2016 at 9:00am
Originally posted by edgy edgy wrote:

The True Carbon is currently on weekly special at TT11 for $66. Flared handle in stock. Snap them up before they disappear again!

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donic-ovtcharov-true-carbon

I see 74eur
+shipping

Edited by notgooord - 12/12/2016 at 9:01am
edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2016 at 9:12am
I take it you are in Europe? Because 74 eur is the price including VAT. Without VAT, which we don't have to pay in the US, is 62.44 eur (or about $66USD). 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic