Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spectol Blue review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
malin87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spectol Blue review
    Posted: 09/06/2016 at 12:57pm
Hello gyus,i gave a try to spectol blue 1.7-1.9 as i was using Spectol 21...
I wanted to try blue instead of red cause it is closer to 21...red produces more spin and less deception..
So, blue was spinnier than 21 and has better control on blocking and hitting..the sponge is harder than 21..the thing is that the deception is minimum!!was very easy for the opponent to play against..it was like an inverted rubber..So i stayed to 21!!
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2016 at 1:13pm
Maybe you might prefer red? Since red is softer than blue it will be closer to 21. It will still have more spin than 21 but at least it will be faster.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2016 at 2:40pm
malin, have you played with the Victas pips (101, 102), how do they compare to spectol 21 and blue if you may? Thanks.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 2:51pm
yea faster ones will have less deception. you'd play with it as an attacker and to be able to hit through spin. for deception, i found the mixed short and med pip rubbers a PITA to play vs.

but i've also played vs SP with 2.1 sponge and it was still quite heavy at times
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 3:20pm
red = 40°
blue = 43°
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 3:59pm
hmmm...haven't heard about Spectol Blue. Will have to look into this.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 5:39pm
Spectol Blue and Red just came out a few months ago.  According to the ads, Spectol Blue harder sponge and faster.  Spectol Red has softer sponge and has more spin comparing to Spectol Blue.

When we talk about short pips, there is NO "deception".  To me, short pips only produce flat (dead) balls.  To me, only medium pips and long pips can give some deceptions, e.g. wobble balls or reversed spins.  Yes, short pips can do some of these, but not enough to talk about them.

I haven't used the Blue or the Red version, but I have use the regular Spectol and Spectol 21.  I would say that TSP make some changes for the plastic ball.  So, if you like the regular Spetol, then you can try Spectol Blue.  If you like Spectol 21 like myself, then you can try Spectol Red.  These are my opinions.

Good luck,
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 11:16pm
Just checked tabletennisstore.us and the Spectol Blue and red only come in 1.5 or 2.0 thickness. They don't have 1.8. I have just a bit more control playing with 1.8, and it gives my opponents just a bit more trouble.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 1:41am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

Just checked tabletennisstore.us and the Spectol Blue and red only come in 1.5 or 2.0 thickness. They don't have 1.8. I have just a bit more control playing with 1.8, and it gives my opponents just a bit more trouble.

What version gives trouble red or blue?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 6:26am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

check tt-japan. they have 1.7-1.9
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 8:57am
How it's TSP Super Spin Pips compared with Spectol and Spectol 21?
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 10:22am
My spectol red is 1.8mm. Packaging shows thickness to be the same as other TSP SP rubbers..
1.7-1.9mm, 2.15mm. There is no 2.0 mm

Edited by dual700 - 09/14/2016 at 10:42am
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2016 at 8:28am
Just glued a sheet of red 1.7-1.9 mm, will try it tomorrow :)
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2016 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by 7homuz 7homuz wrote:

Just glued a sheet of red 1.7-1.9 mm, will try it tomorrow :)

Any impresions about this pip? Sink and control?
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2016 at 9:58pm
Hi BBKON, 
I do have some impressions of the Spectol RED, had a 3 hour training session with it on Friday, bear in mind I'm an inverted player who only recently started testing out pips on BH. My best setup right now is T05 FH with Acuda S2 2.0 BH. I would say my rating is approx 1900-2000 at the moment, fluctuating a bit due to test of different BH rubbers.

I'll compare it to my Acuda S2 on BH. I don't have much pips experience so take it worth a grain of salt.
The SR(spectol red) feels great on blocks, it doesn't have as much 'click' as I expected. Acuda S2 2.0 really suited me because I mostly play close to the table and only drop back if pushed hard, taking bh shots off the bounce, either blocking/punching with placement and speed (not much spin), or hitting through loops if it's a tad high and I had it set up well (i.e. long bottom spin serve to bh side, force opponent to step around, loop not too fast due to heavy backspin, and hit through that). Occasionally I flip the serves on bh, and very rarely do I open up from the bh side. Actually, on paper it sounds like a great medium pips/short pips bh game, which is why i have been tempted to try out different pips lately. Make it easier for myself, and give my opponents a tad harder time with slightly unorthodox returns (well... unorthodox compared to what I was using).

Back on track, the blocking was good. Not *great*, but I think it felt better than the AS2 when I was in position. Hitting through loops is a breeze, and I was able to hit *drive?* through bottom spin with moderate success as well after only a short time with it. Flips were slower, I couldn't run through the ball on top of the table like inverted (duh!) so while the initial speed is fairly close (I'd still say the AS2 was faster for this particular shot), the second speed after the bounce was very different, and with only minimal spin relative to the AS2 it was easy for the opponent to counter effectively.

I was not able to do opening loops with it on bottomspin, had to hit/drive through the ball.

Overall it was quite hard to make deceptive shots, occasionally I would get a slightly dead ball but it was still easily countered. The dead balls coming off my 563 (sponged) was much more difficult to counter. 

I can see that it's useful for someone who likes to hit everything close to the table, for me it wasn't the ticket. The margin of error on SP is too low for high stress situations, and I could pretty much do everything it gave me plus some with my AS2 2.0.

On the other hand, I then tried a long pips CK531A with thin sponge, and it was the bomb. Blocks and hits were fantastic with lots of sink and some reversal, serve return was very agile, quick, and very wobbly. I'm going to be spending more time with that instead to see how it can fit into my game. If all else fails I'll just go back to my trust AS2 2.0 :)

Thomas
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2017 at 6:08am
7Homuz

Are you still using the CK531a?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 2:03pm
Which Spectol has the most control and hits best through spin with the new poly ball?
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 2:08pm
they both hit through spin well. 
blue should have more control as its harder, but IMO that may make it a little less forgiving.
I have used red a lot and its very fast and bouncy

i would be interested to here from someone who has used both
i would like to know if blue gives a harder ball to deal with flatter more sink

it is definitely a very tricky pimple if your playing a very spinny player, they get quite disturbed by it, but i guess all short pimples have this affect

it has been suggested it pay a little like mid pimples,
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2019 at 2:13pm
Is the Spectol line still regarded as the best? Is the old Spectol still viable in this new era?
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic