Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Removing speed glue on rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LonelyKid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LonelyKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing speed glue on rubber
    Posted: 09/14/2016 at 9:37pm
How do you remove the speed glue stain on the rubber? I tried every way I can think of and the sponge just ripped off. All kinds of tape, sand paper, using finger, eraser.... My sponge is getting ripped off bit by bit. Any tips?

P/S: I know speed glue is banned, only for training purposes since speed glue is so much cheaper
Sponsored Links

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 10:32pm
During speed gluing days, I used to use Industrial Grade Acetone to get the job done. If you have something similar then you can try soaking your glue stains in it for some time and then use a cloth piece to remove it all off. Should come of nice and easy.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2016 at 8:24am
Just apply new layer of speed glue, let it dry for couple minutes and rub it of. If you have really thick layer of sg or it starts to feel like it doesn´t come of just add more glue. That worked with every speedglue I used. 
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic