Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yinhe T-8s or LKT Will Power?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yinhe T-8s or LKT Will Power?
    Posted: 09/24/2016 at 10:00am
I've been thinking of getting a cheap but crazy fast chinese blade just to see how I do with them. How does these two blades compare to one another in terms of quality and playability? I'll be getting one in cpen

Edited by ronakvyas86 - 09/24/2016 at 12:00pm
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2016 at 6:06pm
T8 isn't that crazy fast.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2016 at 6:59am
Hi, I have not used the T8 but I am very sure you will find T4 fast enough when played near the table.
I bought mine just to find out how it played because it was cheap and said to be hard and fast. Well, it was cheap compared to other blades; it was also hard and fast and relatively light; mine is 84gms. Problem was, when I played with my T4, the ball will overshoot when I drive or loop. I had to learn how to brush the ball more; how to sort of cushion the impact during driving and that means relying more on the rubber.
But if you can control your strokes then you will find much joy. And if you are a smasher, you may find that the ball would not come back, often,; unless the opponent is at that high level. Its very fast near the table.
Well, at least this is my experience.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2016 at 8:21am
Thanks guys. I guess it'll be between T4 and LKT Will Power. Is T4 much different than T4s?

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

belated sorry; i realize now we were talking about blades Ouch

Yes. But it was good to know about this rubber as well so thanks to you too. Might pair it up with the blade on FH
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2016 at 10:30am
Hey Ronak I havent played with a T4 yet and I've only used the T4s for only a week or two, AND I am using short pips on the forehand so take my opinions for what they're worth Embarrassed

The T4S is very hard and very stiff. There were a few instances where when smashing or forcefully driving, it felt like I was hitting the ball with something much larger and stronger than a racket! The dwell time is less than other blades so I notice some decrease in spin on my RPB side.
With short pips I like a blade that has a harder outer ply, as I've tried with Limba a few times and something about it feels dead and unpleasant. The T4S and T series have a cypress outer ply I think so the increase in hardness does feel noticably better.

The thing about the T4s is also that because of its speed and power, I am less confident with certain power strokes. It seems like it's just too much power to go all out on certain shots, especially if they may be difficult ones out of position. Pips also doesn't help much in that regard lol. But this has been my first 1.5 weeks hitting with this, and although I like it a lot, I'm not fully used to it yet so it will take some time.

What kind of playing style do you have, as this type of blade is not a good fit for everyone, I feel it suits my pips out playing because I do want to end shots as quick as possible, near or over the table. I don't see many people using this as a distance looping blade? 
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2016 at 1:00pm
T4 is a brick. If you don't want to feel anything at all, t4 is a great choice. If I wanted speed I'd go with thick balsa. Tsp fitter is really nice and priced well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 12:15am
@jk92 Thanks for sharing your experiance. T4s is definitely I would like to experiance as well.

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

T4 is a brick. If you don't want to feel anything at all, t4 is a great choice. If I wanted speed I'd go with thick balsa. Tsp fitter is really nice and priced well.

Very interesting series by TSP. Although, I can't seem to find cpen versions anywhere
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2016 at 2:06pm
maybe not.  The two I've tried came from a place in England called like BrietbarTT, not to be confused with the political site.

penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2016 at 6:49am
Hi ronakvyas86,

Any development on the T4s ?

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2016 at 7:26am
I tried a T4 one guy at my club has. I found the dwell too low to generate any spin at all. I found lifting backspin specially hard with it. Around that time I also tried Yasaka Goiabao 5 and fell in love with it. Got a goiabao instead and playing with it fow now
notgooord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notgooord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2016 at 10:36am
The new t8s is a very close viscaroa clone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic