tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Suggestions to Tabletennis11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions to Tabletennis11
    Posted: 10/14/2016 at 9:21pm
We have had posts talking about service at TT11. I think it will help if we can give suggestions to the website that can help them serve us. Please note that I am not related to TT11 in any sense. I am just an EJ that buy a lot of stuffs from TT11.

For me, the first suggestion I will give is that TT11 needs to have a way to filter items that are not in stock. There are so many times that I click an item just to find out that it is out of stock at the item page. I suggest that it would be good to have a function to show only items that are available.
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 9:42pm
how about weights show .lol
Butterfly Blade

BTY Tenergy 05/05FX

Singapore & Canada

Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 9:54pm
Hay, please read conditions of sale, all orders are subject to final confirmation. No argument.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 9:58pm
Nexy publishes the weight of blades with a drop down menu. That's a cool feature.
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 10:04pm
Picky
CroNone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CroNone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2016 at 10:57pm
Nexy publishes the weight of blades with a drop down menu. That's a cool feature.

Completely agree. Great feature. Plus you can sort by available or not available at Nexy.

Edited by CroNone - 10/14/2016 at 11:29pm
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 3:04am
Originally posted by CroNone CroNone wrote:

Completely agree. Great feature. Plus you can sort by available or not available at Nexy.
oh come on you are being picky here Wink
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 9:05am
TT11 might have too many blades in stock to show each blade's weight online.
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 9:38am
tbqh i always email tt11 to ask about weights avalible before ordering and ask for the one or one from a range i want, they've never let me down, i ave a 90g fang bo carbon, 90g HL3, 90g Waldner 89 World championship, this is not down to chance. i've started to say 90-95g to be less picky but they always know and let me have a weight i want. (although if everyone does this maybe they'll stop as it takes time to respond to emails )
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 9:43am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

yes. it will be great if TT11 had it
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 11:47am
Blade weights option requires a lot of work, especially when you have a large stock, so they would waste a lot of time measuring each blade, marking it and updating database. ROI = 0. Not cool feature from vendor's point of view at all. Providing you information of weight of blades in stock on demand is not enough anymore? Funny.

Life is too short for defensive play.

spinnier.com
fb.me/spinnier
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Blade weights option requires a lot of work, especially when you have a large stock, so they would waste a lot of time measuring each blade, marking it and updating database. ROI = 0. Not cool feature from vendor's point of view at all. Providing you information of weight of blades in stock on demand is not enough anymore? Funny.

I agree.
It's hard to ask a big store for something like this. Every time I inquire about weights available for a particular blade I get a fairly quick response with all the weights in stock. There isn't much more they can do IMO.
TB ALC ST 84g
2x T05 2.1mm
FS Feedback
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 2:03pm

Blade weights option requires a lot of work

+1.

More important, it is massively unprofitable to post weights of blades on their website. They shall be left with stock of 95g - 100g blades that they have to dump at rock-bottom prices.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Blade weights option requires a lot of work

+1.

More important, it is massively unprofitable to post weights of blades on their website. They shall be left with stock of 95g - 100g blades that they have to dump at rock-bottom prices.
 +1 as well.

TT11 has always been more than accommodating when you ask for a specific weight range, no need to put themselves through hell to weigh everything before hand.
Blade: BBC Hinoki Ghost
FH: Black MX-P
BH: Red MX-P
My Feedback
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 3:20pm

but they check weights anyway because everybody ask them to check weight
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

but they check weights anyway because everybody ask them to check weight

Is is only service plus but not necessary . Just keep themselves in more time and cost to close a deal.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 9:17pm
I see they are showing items Sold Out in their Weekly Special section. Hope they can do the same to all their products. Blade weight is a nice feature. It is up to their computer system if they are keeping stocks details. 
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 11:11am
Hello everyone! 

First of all, thanks to kindof99 for opening this thread! 

Actually, we are currently in the process of building a new website, so all suggestions how we can make it better are most welcome. :) 

Out of stock items 
TT11 needs to have a way to filter items that are not in stock. There are so many times that I click an item just to find out that it is out of stock at the item page. I suggest that it would be good to have a function to show only items that are available.
Good point. It will be fixed on a new website. For current website we will try to find a temporary solution. 

Blade weight filter
This one is tricky to set up. Please send us an email if you want to know about approximate weights of blades, or want to buy a blade in a specific weight range. We will help you! :) 

Any more suggestions? 

P.S.
You can also join our Tabletennis11.com Customers group on Facebook to be more involved in the never-ending process of building Tabletennis11.com. 

Edited by tabletennis11 - 10/19/2016 at 4:54pm
Tabletennis11.com - Crazy About Table Tennis!
SlipSlopSlappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SlipSlopSlappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 12:16pm
I find Top 10 lists both useful and interesting.

i.e If you select the Blades category then the top 10 selling blades are displayed and if you dig further down into say Stiga blades then the top 10 selling Stiga blades are shown.

I feel that the top 10 products in any given category must be popular for a reason and are worthy of further consideration. Either that or perhaps I'm just plain nosey!
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 7:56pm
Hi TT11, first of all love you guys and your service. Wanted to mention that maybe instead of posting coupon codes for "one time use" do a 24 hour sale for 5-10% off or coupon code that is active for 24 hours that is available to everyone. Maybe post a pre sale notification on fb/forum/email to let news letter subscribers know when its going to happen.

Its hard to grab one once its posted. They are usually gone within minutes-hours after posting.
TB ALC ST 84g
2x T05 2.1mm
FS Feedback
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 9:04pm
If you recognize and appreciate Service TT11 rendered, why still asking for more discounts. Instead, you shall tip them .
danieldangz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieldangz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Hi TT11, first of all love you guys and your service. Wanted to mention that maybe instead of posting coupon codes for "one time use" do a 24 hour sale for 5-10% off or coupon code that is active for 24 hours that is available to everyone. Maybe post a pre sale notification on fb/forum/email to let news letter subscribers know when its going to happen.

Its hard to grab one once its posted. They are usually gone within minutes-hours after posting.

Agree.  Just can't wait for a whole week long to check out the new weekly special though....Wink
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2016 at 11:55am
I think the out of stock request is quite reasonable. However, If you compare them to other websites they are still far ahead of the curve. 

Plus, who else takes pictures of the rubber sheet? I LOVE that they do that. Plus, their weekly specials always have great stuff. 

The weight thing is more reasonable for the store front of an individual brand, but not something like TT11. Plus, they're always super quick about getting back when you request. Sometimes I swear they wake up in the middle of the night to cell phone e-mail notifications and just answer them. 

Their prices brought me in, but their customer service kept me there. I only order from another site if I need butterfly, or something else they don't have. 
Offensive S ST
Fastarc G-1
Vega Japan
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2016 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

It is near to impossible to do it for rubbers - however, what can be done is this. Imagine you have 20 or 50 rubbers of the same type, e.g. Tibhar Aurus 2.1. They are all packed in envelopes which you do not want to open, of course. Here 's what you do (after they are free of any external packaging in which they came throught the mail, stable temperature etc)

1) weigh all of them -- each one still in envelope and cellophane --  (the more the better, of course but 20-30 should be enough) and as you do that type all the numbers into the Excel spreadsheet. Then using standard Excel statistical functions, compute average weight of the rubber and standard deviation. Like this

AVG = AVERAGE(A1:A30)
STD = STDEV.P(A1:A30)

Let's say for example, that average is 91.8 g and standard deviation is 1.63 g.

This can be done just once in a while - say couple times a year to update that info for a specific type of rubber.

The AVG and STD numbers are important for the customers - they should be put on the website, next to the rubber's description. Despite the fact that different rubbers have different envelopes and even different size of uncut sheet, these numbers can still be used by repeat customers to make reasonable assumptions about weight of the rubbers they will be getting.

2) then from that moment on you weigh every rubber of that type as they come in - you put them into database anyway, I guess (I hope large enough sellers do that) - and your software will automatically assign them a weight rating (MID, LOW, HI).

MID would be AVG plus minus one STD, LOW - less than AVG-STD, HI - more than AVG+STD. In the example above below 90 g is LO, 90 - 93.5 is MID, above 93.5 is HI. Or you can design your own weight rules...

You will have to use something like a sticker gun or something similar to put tiny weight stickers on every envelope as you process them.

Again, your software could show later how many LOW, MID or HI weight rubbers you have, and you could use all that info to satisfy your customer requests.

Granted, that's spending some extra time per every rubber - I estimate 3 seconds on the scale, 5 seconds for a sticker and then some time to switch between the batches etc. So, probably between 10 and 15 seconds per rubber.

Your company should decide whether it is worth it. As for myself, I know that it really matters to me if the rubber is heavy or light. For a completely unknown rubber I will not be able to make a decision based on its AVG info but if I already bought this rubber before then it's quite useful.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2016 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Plus, who else takes pictures of the rubber sheet? I LOVE that they do that.

what you need it for? just curious ...
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2016 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

It is near to impossible to do it for rubbers - however, what can be done is this. Imagine you have 20 or 50 rubbers of the same type, e.g. Tibhar Aurus 2.1. They are all packed in envelopes which you do not want to open, of course. Here 's what you do (after they are free of any external packaging in which they came throught the mail, stable temperature etc)

1) weigh all of them -- each one still in envelope and cellophane --  (the more the better, of course but 20-30 should be enough) and as you do that type all the numbers into the Excel spreadsheet. Then using standard Excel statistical functions, compute average weight of the rubber and standard deviation. Like this

AVG = AVERAGE(A1:A30)
STD = STDEV.P(A1:A30)

Let's say for example, that average is 91.8 g and standard deviation is 1.63 g.

This can be done just once in a while - say couple times a year to update that info for a specific type of rubber.

The AVG and STD numbers are important for the customers - they should be put on the website, next to the rubber's description. Despite the fact that different rubbers have different envelopes and even different size of uncut sheet, these numbers can still be used by repeat customers to make reasonable assumptions about weight of the rubbers they will be getting.

2) then from that moment on you weigh every rubber of that type as they come in - you put them into database anyway, I guess (I hope large enough sellers do that) - and your software will automatically assign them a weight rating (MID, LOW, HI).

MID would be AVG plus minus one STD, LOW - less than AVG-STD, HI - more than AVG+STD. In the example above below 90 g is LO, 90 - 93.5 is MID, above 93.5 is HI. Or you can design your own weight rules...

You will have to use something like a sticker gun or something similar
to put tiny weight stickers on every envelope as you process them.

Again, your software could show later how many LOW, MID or HI weight rubbers you have, and you could use all that info to satisfy your customer requests.

Granted, that's spending some extra time per every rubber - I estimate 3 seconds on the scale, 5 seconds for a sticker and then some time to switch between the batches etc. So, probably between 10 and 15 seconds per rubber.

Your company should decide whether it is worth it. As for myself, I know that it really matters to me if the rubber is heavy or light. For a completely unknown rubber I will not be able to make a decision based on its AVG info but if I already bought this rubber before then it's quite useful.

Bizzare , it is the responsibility of a highly quality control manufacturer to put gross weight of the product , not his dealers nor resellers. Ridiculous,,,,
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2016 at 8:03am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Plus, who else takes pictures of the rubber sheet? I LOVE that they do that.

what you need it for? just curious ...

Well, from what I've gathered, most manufacturer's descriptions have sort of all devolved into saying the exact same thing for every product. But based on all the rubbers I've tried over the years, there are clear 'types' of topsheets. Especially lately, with all the tensors and such, there are distinct topsheet types it seems. 

So by seeing what a rubber looks like, you can get a better guess by the type of topsheet that's on a rubber, based on what you've seen with other rubbers, what kind of grip it will have, or what the rubber might be similar to grip wise. 

That's my impression anyway. 
Offensive S ST
Fastarc G-1
Vega Japan
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2016 at 8:49am
I actually have problems with the clothing section. I bought a short before, L size. But it is probably L size in chinese measurement and only a medium or smaller in US size. 

I hope TT11 can do more with the size measurement. Clearly indicating the size from which country and a matching table will definitely help. Amazon has this kind of similar table for size conversion.
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2016 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

Bizzare , it is the responsibility of a highly quality control manufacturer to put gross weight of the product , not his dealers nor resellers. Ridiculous,,,,

I agree, that would be nice - but in the last 8 years I have bought probably more than a hundred (or two) of rubbers from twenty plus brands, and none of them carried the weight sticker.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2016 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

I actually have problems with the clothing section. I bought a short before, L size. But it is probably L size in chinese measurement and only a medium or smaller in US size. 

I hope TT11 can do more with the size measurement. Clearly indicating the size from which country and a matching table will definitely help. Amazon has this kind of similar table for size conversion.

Please be reallistic in your suggestions. How ca people at TT11 know measurements or even sizing apart from those sizes labelled?

If I order a T-shirt from any US-seller, will I be informed about specific sizing? Certainly no.

Edited by Ray - 10/19/2016 at 2:12pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

spinnier.com
fb.me/spinnier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic