Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wang Zengyi - Penhold Short Pips Player (Good RPB)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wang Zengyi - Penhold Short Pips Player (Good RPB)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marettpen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marettpen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wang Zengyi - Penhold Short Pips Player (Good RPB)
    Posted: 10/21/2016 at 4:03am
Sponsored Links

Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 8:48am
Showtime
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 9:05am
I've been a fan of Wang Zengyi for some time. He's fun to watch.

However if you watch recent complete matches with him, I can't help but get the feeling he's not as consistent with his FH SPs as he should be.

Like if you watch HZW in comparision, HZW misses far fewer FHs & blocks with his SPs IMO.

I could be wrong but just something I've noticed. maybe that's the nature of SPs with the smaller window for error. Not sure.

I thought with the implementation of the plastic ball that SPs could make a comback if the ball is a pinch less spiny. But I think that thought was dead wrong. It didn't factor in the slower speed which is what SPs play needs to be effective. If anything, playing even more spin is necessary now. Okay I'm done as I'm rambling. Tongue

Edited by suds79 - 10/21/2016 at 9:07am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 10:19am
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

I've been a fan of Wang Zengyi for some time. He's fun to watch.

However if you watch recent complete matches with him, I can't help but get the feeling he's not as consistent with his FH SPs as he should be.

Like if you watch HZW in comparision, HZW misses far fewer FHs & blocks with his SPs IMO.

I could be wrong but just something I've noticed. maybe that's the nature of SPs with the smaller window for error. Not sure.

I thought with the implementation of the plastic ball that SPs could make a comback if the ball is a pinch less spiny. But I think that thought was dead wrong. It didn't factor in the slower speed which is what SPs play needs to be effective. If anything, playing even more spin is necessary now. Okay I'm done as I'm rambling. Tongue

Wzy plays with 802 40 and that pip is not effective anymore I think a pips with lower arc and more spin is needed I wonder what pips meet that requirements. Now the sp player needs to be more smart
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 4:38pm
HZW has  different grip compared to WZY. His grip makes blocking and spinning the ball easier. As the ball becomes bigger and bigger, short pips will ultimately become extinct at pro level.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2016 at 12:43am
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

HZW has  different grip compared to WZY. His grip makes blocking and spinning the ball easier. As the ball becomes bigger and bigger, short pips will ultimately become extinct at pro level.

What spinny pip has low arc lower than moristo but same control?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic