Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review:Tibhar Balsa Fibretec 75

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review:Tibhar Balsa Fibretec 75
    Posted: 10/24/2016 at 10:20am
Tibhar Balsa Fibretec 75

It's a light 5ply offensive blade. Tibhar does a good job as usual, sanded handle, sanded head, and is real looker with a nice emblem and a gold tag. I used MX-P and T05 when I tested it. Retails below 50 euros!
5ply Abachi-fibreglass(fibre layer)-balsa-fibreglass(fibre layer)-Abachi
Blade size: *will update this tomorrow*
Thickness: According to Tibhar the core is 7.5mm is pretty thick, will measure this tomorrow as well.
Weight: 72g (manufacturer details 70-75), I got a 2nd one in 68g.
Speed: OFF (squarely off but it's top gear is around OFF+)
Feel: It has a soft feel in general and still has this soft feel even on hard impact shots.
Gears: Has many gears, it's fast when you hit hard and feels good on touch play.
Control: Very easy to control MX-P on this blade and it feels great. Though control is relative, my friends have also said that it has immense control. That's the first thing that came to their mind and is the defining characteristic of this blade. I can vary placement of my shots easily as well as the speed.

Conclusion: The MX-P felt really good on both wings. With immense spin and speed yet with a lot of control. MX-P blocks well and loops underspin well on this blade. The T-05 didn't perform as well as the MX-P imho. If you like a light,blade with a soft feel and with immense control then this is for you. This blade would be good for Controlled Offense or Allround Attackers. Would also be good for those who would like a light setup when using Modern Tensors in Max on both sides.

For a blade that costs below 50 euros you can't go wrong with this great feeling and looking blade. This retails at 38.25 euros at TT11 and 45.90 SRP from Tibhar.

Edited by danjacob02 - 10/26/2016 at 8:51am
Sponsored Links

Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 11:20am
Thanks for your review Jacob!
Does the blade have extra spin performance comparing to other blades you have?
Fly away!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Jasonh Jasonh wrote:

Thanks for your review Jacob!
Does the blade have extra spin performance comparing to other blades you have?

Comparing it to a black tag Korbel that I use it has more spin,speed and a tad bit more dwell. Better feel as well imho though the Korbel feels great in it's own right. I'm a seller in my country so I already have a buyer for this. The 68g I had I already sold. But for the price I'd think it's a must have.

It's worth trying, it has this weird feel that it plays kinda fast in the short game though that is it's lower to mid gears. But plays around OFF+ when hitting hard though still having it's soft feel and control. 
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 3:03pm
That handle looks nice and wide. I'm assuming good for big hands?

Also good review! We need more of these on less popular Tibhar (and other brands) blades.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

That handle looks nice and wide. I'm assuming good for big hands?

Also good review! We need more of these on less popular Tibhar (and other brands) blades.

Hehe thanks, I wouldn't call it a good review as it's still a rough draft, still missing some info. It's a nice flared handle, better than other flared handles which could be kinda small. But I guess an ST would be better.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 5:41pm
I had used a Korbel black tag for years before it was broken. If Tibhar Balsa Fibertec 75 would have similar or even better feeling compared to a black tag korbel, I would be really interested in getting one.

Does it have a lower throw angle compared to Korbel's ?
Fly away!
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 10:13pm

This tag (FRONT) is it metal with gold paint or a plastic sticker?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2016 at 7:59am
@Jasonh it doesn't feel like a korbel. It's about 3 or 4 notches faster. But with better feel and control as long as you use the low to mid gears. The higher gears might take awhile to get used to when coming from the Korbel. I'd say it has a higher throw.

@Reaper I don't think it's metal, it's more of a hard plastic then printed on. The emblem underneath is metal though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2016 at 8:53am
Updated with composition details. Info straight from Tibhar's Marketing team.
Outer ply is Abachi aka. Ayous.

Edited by danjacob02 - 10/26/2016 at 8:54am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 5:17am
Originally posted by danjacob02 danjacob02 wrote:

Tibhar Balsa Fibretec 75

It's a light 5ply offensive blade. Tibhar does a good job as usual, sanded handle, sanded head, and is real looker with a nice emblem and a gold tag. I used MX-P and T05 when I tested it. Retails below 50 euros!
Blade size: 150x147mm
Thickness: According to Tibhar the core is 7.5mm is pretty thick, will measure this tomorrow as well.
Feel: It has a soft feel in general and still has this soft feel even on hard impact shots.
Gears: Has many gears, it's fast when you hit hard and feels good on touch play.
Control: Very easy to control MX-P on this blade and it feels great. Though control is relative, my friends have also said that it has immense control. That's the first thing that came to their mind and is the defining characteristic of this blade. I can vary placement of my shots easily as well as the speed.

Conclusion: The MX-P felt really good on both wings. With immense spin and speed yet with a lot of control. MX-P blocks well and loops underspin well on this blade. The T-05 didn't perform as well as the MX-P imho. If you like a light,blade with a soft feel and with immense control then this is for you. This blade would be good for Controlled Offense or Allround Attackers. Would also be good for those who would like a light setup when using Modern Tensors in Max on both sides.

For a blade that costs below 50 euros you can't go wrong with this great feeling and looking blade. This retails at 38.25 euros at TT11 and 45.90 SRP from Tibhar.

andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2021 at 4:09pm
GREAT STUFF 
amitmnagarwal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2023 at 6:51am
Hi , do you still use this or anyone else using it?

Originally posted by danjacob02 danjacob02 wrote:

Tibhar Balsa Fibretec 75

Blade size: *will update this tomorrow*

Amit Agarwal

Blade : Michael Maze
FH : T05 max
BH : R47
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic