FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Unsportsmanlike Conduct?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unsportsmanlike Conduct?
    Posted: 10/27/2016 at 9:16pm

The way the guy in yellow started choing towards the end, especially the point at 7:30 seems pretty preposterous.  

Anyone happen to have some insight into what happened in this match?
Sponsored Links

ameetnsharma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ameetnsharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 9:46pm
Bad vibes all around. The cho, and then the guy in the black shirt hitting the ball to the ground.

All so unnecessary. Does nothing for the sport.

EDIT: Watching earlier in the game, the yellow shirt's cho-ing was intolerable. Frankly, I'd like to see penalties for this kind of shouting at all levels. I can't stand these kinds of matches. I will never watch a match with that yellow-shirt guy again even if I'm paid $1000 to do it.

Edited by ameetnsharma - 10/27/2016 at 10:19pm
Get to the chopper!
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 10:20pm
Guy in the yellow kinda strikes me as a douchebag honestly.

A loud cho like that to get that 10th point off a net ball dribbler is just bad form.

Excessive choing is undoubtedly the worse part of this sport. It's dumb.

Edited by suds79 - 10/27/2016 at 10:21pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

A loud cho like that to get that 10th point off a net ball dribbler is just bad form.

Yep.  This was nuts.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 10:46pm
I don't like that attitude, is he 9 years old, also tossing the bat on the table after, he should be paying some cost (a pet hate)
 on the side note some good rallies but sort of ruined by the yellow players attitude
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 12:14am
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

Yeah that point was the one I was referring to in the main post. For someone who is clearly a very experienced player who has been around the sport a while, to do something like that leads me to believe that there must be some sort of backstory. I was thinking maybe someone on this board was at the tournament. Either way though, too excessive. Even a single cho like that on an excellent point would be a little over the top, but every point including lucky nets? Douchebag status for sure.
rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 6:10am
At 7:02, seems the black shirt was saying " Samson...., could you stop talking at each point...", because seems they started the coaching by every point (that will be legal after Oct 1st), but the coaching is too loud and in some Middle eastern language.
This apparently is Newgy Ohio Labor Day Open hosted in Akron JCC by the above coach.
Yeah, the Yellow shirt seems to have excessive Choiing, unfair , hostile environment

Edited by rosecitytt - 10/28/2016 at 6:42pm
rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 6:24am
Looks like the yellow shirt not chooing in this match , very friendly towards this opponent.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 1:09pm
You can't watch the 5th game of a match by itself and then decide who was doing what for what reason as if games 1 to 4 never happened.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

You can't watch the 5th game of a match by itself and then decide who was doing what for what reason as if games 1 to 4 never happened.

Must have been something, for sure.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 2:52pm
NextLevel and Baal,

That is why I am asking if anyone was at the tournament or otherwise knows what happened. Save for an extreme aggravation, "Joe" still seems to have really fought fire with fire I am just curious what inspired what was seen in this partial clip. 
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 5:27pm
I think it is a very good example of how coaching during games will influence the sport, if broadly introduced. To me, clearly, someone providing that "coaching" was trying to upset the black shirt guy. Situations like that happened to me, and it always feels just bad.

BTW, both guys are very good players, it seems the match was played in Akron, OH - we should be getting more information about that encounter...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 6:23pm
A bit of advice from the old school to today's CHO!meisters (monsters?):  act like you've made that shot before.  If you're a good modern two winged looper with a good variety of serves (perhaps legal) and the best equipment your purse can afford, you should be able to boost kill the ball past your opponent or force an error from him or her.  No big deal.  Certainly nothing to CHO! your vocal cords to a frazzle about. 

It also makes the sport more pleasant if you don't overCHO! your solipsistic heart out every time your opponent effs up.  It is also customary to shake hands with him or her after a match, even if you played like one of the Walking Dead.

Edited by berndt_mann - 10/28/2016 at 6:25pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 7:55pm

There might be some prior history, pre match, between the two.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 11:31pm
Frankly I thought this game in particular was pretty boring.

Nothing remotely dynamic happened at all.

C.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic