Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boll alc and Maze alc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boll alc and Maze alc
    Posted: 10/27/2016 at 9:44pm
What are the differnences in playing with these blades? Maze is supposed to be softer, but what more?
With Tenergy 05 on both sides, if someone tried.
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2016 at 11:16pm
Limba vs Koto. Depends on which wood you prefer for your outer ply.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2016 at 2:45am
Maze does indeed feel softer and has more spring carbon feel due to limba. They play really close to each other though that you should be able to use them at the same time. I prefer tbs over maze but it really does depends on your preference

Maze might has a higher throw due to added dwell time with limba but i'd probably go with tbs if you are using tenergy since you'll get a lot of blade feedback in the first place by using tenerrgy
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2016 at 9:27pm
What about the difference in speed between the blades?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2016 at 5:31pm
They both always felt pretty good to me, but the handles are shaped differently.  You definitely want to try to hold them in your hand before buying one.  Maze is a little softer for sure.  Faster?  I honestly can't recall except that the difference was not enough that you couldn't easily get used to either one.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 1:19pm
The Maze ALC has a lower bounce, and somewhat slower than the TB ALC, but it has a lot of power on the hard shot.  For me the only draw back from the Maze ALC compare to the TB ALC, is it has less feel or feed back than the TB ALC.  I think I 'may' play better with the Maze ALC, I but prefer the TB ALC, as it feels better in the hand when contact the ball.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 2:29pm
Most importantly Maze ALC has been discontinued. So if you fall in love with it, you'll end up buying only used blades 😔
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 3:06pm
Isn't the Marcos Freitas blade nearly the same as M. Maze ?
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2016 at 11:24pm
Maze ALC is a tad slower than TB ALC but maze has more "feeling" to it and feels a little softer than TB ALC.

Both are not slow by any stretch though.

My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic