Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please see - genuine or fake DHS*** ball?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pingpongist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please see - genuine or fake DHS*** ball?
    Posted: 08/23/2006 at 12:18am
I have no personal experience with DHS*** balls, and am hoping to hear opinions of those who have.

The main reason for my curiosity regarding the ball from the photo is that I can buy these for 0.30 USD a piece. It appears to be a good deal, but... The balls are available in a chinese store where they sell everything you can imagine, but the only table tennis stuff sold are these balls...

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8175/dhs3starballcc4.jpg

The ball from the photo is 39mm in diameter and, I would say, very hard. My impression is that the balls wall is pretty thick. The surface is smooth and the seam is also well done. The ball feels good and appears to be of good quality. Unfortunatelly, I haven't had time to play with it yet...

Based on description and the provided photo, what would be your guess - genuine or fake DHS***?

For what is worth, I checked at on-line stores the boxes for DHS*** balls, and the writing on those boxes and the ball are identical.

Buy the way, what are the physical characteristics of DHS*** balls?

Thanks...
Sponsored Links

bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 12:24am
how u kno its 39 mm?  is it just me or is the lettering funky looking
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 1:15am

From the photo provided, I can say for sure that the your DH ball is  fake.  Too bad my DC is not good enough to take a close shot of the ball.  But I can tell you that the colour of the three stars, its ensglish initials DHS and 40 should not be black.  It is a kind of blue colour.  Besides, it should not state C.T.T.A. APPROVED.  It should be I.T.T.A. instead.  People in China also complain that there are too many fake TT fake products in the market. 

TriPPPy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriPPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 1:46am
yes i agree, i play with DHS 3stars almost everyday and the lettering is usually blue, but i play with 40mm. but i have never ever heard of a 39mm ball. only one sive heard of are 39mm, 40mm, and 44mm.
Blade:Juic Offensive 9 FL
Rubber: Juic Varites 2.0 both sides

http://groups.myspace.com/TableTennis
^join up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 3:44am
Thanks for the input... You confirmed my suspicions...

I measured the ball with the proper tool and it is really 39mm.

Has anyone used DHS*** Premium balls?

Are those perceivably better from regular DHS*** balls?

The only place where I have seen DHS Premiums for sale is GOTABLETENNIS, for a very good price, I would say.
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 4:58am
in hungary there are DHS *** balls we play with. the stamp and diameter differs.. price is about 0.8 USD. Real DHS balls from their hungarian representative. feels like nittaku*** & lasts like joola*** :)
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:01am
DHS hasn't made a 1 color 3* ball in like 6 years.  I bought some off a guy in ebay one time and they came in 1 color so I checked all this out.  In fact, even their 1* balls now are 2 colors.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:19am
yes-yes. on a white ball they print black stamp but the stars and 'DHS' are red
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:20am
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 1:26pm

Shop cautiously.  I have never heard of DH producing so-called ***Premium balls.  For those who are interested in getting DH products in the West, please check the following US DH online store: http://www.dhsamerica.com/index.php

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 3:53am
So, the balls at

http://www.gotabletennis.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DHS%2D312

are most likely regular DHS*** balls...
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 3:16pm
yes, pinpogist, I think that is genuine.  but price for DHS *** is by no means cheap.  however, it is cheaper than Stiga, Nittaku, and Butterfly, which are all made in China nowadays (Nittiaku's top series is made in Japan, and it is very expensive).  I have played with all these *** balls, and would say that DHS has the best value. 
TriPPPy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriPPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 6:37pm
DHS i think makes all the balls for nittaku except for the 3 star premium.
Blade:Juic Offensive 9 FL
Rubber: Juic Varites 2.0 both sides

http://groups.myspace.com/TableTennis
^join up
Nasilemak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasilemak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2006 at 12:51pm

doesnt DHS have the little ''ITTF'' approved symbol on all their 3star balls ? not ''china approved''

Blade - Yasaka Gatien
Rubbers- Hurricane III Provincial Sheet (forehand)
Stiga Magna ( bh)

Glue - stiga energy on magna,
special glue on hurricane
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2006 at 7:40pm
definitely fake.
pimpmyracket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2006 at 1:02am
C'mon people, the print is distorted/smeared too (around the last Chinese character). China may have bad quality control, but not that bad!

Obvious fake.
-   pimpmyracket   -

729 Dynasty Hinoki Carbon, FL
Cream MRS
- 2.2mm
Stiga Innova - 2.0mm
mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2006 at 11:38am

I agree!

Im not an expert on dhs balls, but if someone would make a fake dhs ball it would most likely look like that

\Robin

Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic