FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Need new stuff, lost with my old...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need new stuff, lost with my old...
    Posted: 08/23/2006 at 7:49am
At yesterdays practise I played 2 set against or numero uno player. I lost both even thoug it was very, very close. 11-4, 11-2, I think. In close games like that it could really go either way, but I must admitt, the numbers are a little bit flattering to me, cause he seemd to have control. I wasnt able to produce any good serve (I have never been good at that), I couldnt hit thoose killing loops from my forehand (wich I think I should be able to...) and my backhand manged to put the ball and the table but not much more (wich is actually better then I am used to). So, now my question; what equipment do I need to buy so that I can beat him the next time? I was thinking Kreanga Carbon and some real superduper rubbers, what do you think?

Also, almost forgott to mention we played with DHS*** balls wich clearly gave him the advantage. Are there any ***balls to use when you want to beat a better player? Cause I know, if I only hade the right equipment I would have won...

The holy grail
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 7:59am

I don't even know where to start.  First I guess I ought to confirm that you're serious and not joking?

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:07am
Good one Cole_ely.
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:10am
The best part is that Speedy actually fooled someone at DTTW with this story. I was lmao for minutes
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:14am
Speedplay: You could do stand up with that story.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:16am
Originally posted by fatcomet fatcomet wrote:

The best part is that Speedy actually fooled someone at DTTW with this story. I was lmao for minutes

Not Speedy, Speedplay! I think someone else got Speedy as his/hers sign, just so we dont get confused BTW how do you read ou lmao? Cant figure it out, but I am pretty crappy, not only in TT but also in English...
The holy grail
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Harold Harold wrote:

Thanks, I will keep that in mind Just making fun of myself and everyone else who thinks that great equipment will win matches for you. I have learnt the hard way that its not so. From now on I will buy rubbers thats suits my style and level, not the ones that even pros have a hard time to handle
The holy grail
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:19am
lmao is an web acronym for laughing my ar$e off

I've found the ball that you need to beat your opponent! It's a six ply (2 plastic, 2 hinoki, 1 arylate carbon, and one kevlar) It was used by world campions Rong Guotan in 1959 and Stellan Bengsston in '75 and is guaranteed to produce an upset over a better opponent. Yours for only 99.99 $ + s&h!
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:21am
LMAO =Laughing my arse off
ROFL = Rolling on (the) floor laughing
LOL= Laughing out loud
IMO = In my opinion (IMHO= in my humble opinion)
STFU = Shut the f*ck up
WTF = What the f*ck
FTW =For the Win
BRB = Be right back
G2G = Got to go
GTFO = Get the f*ck off

ect ect.
timtex37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timtex37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 9:11am
pretty funny, I was about to tell you that you should just starting playing more and forget about the change of equipement.   opps, I said it anyways...

you are right, I get kinda annoyed at people in my club in NY too. Some are constantly trying new blades and rubber and they complain about how they can actually be a lot better once they find the right setup. but they spent little time practicing and playing.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 9:16am
Originally posted by fatcomet fatcomet wrote:

lmao is an web acronym for laughing my ar$e off

I've found the ball that you need to beat your opponent! It's a six ply (2 plastic, 2 hinoki, 1 arylate carbon, and one kevlar) It was used by world campions Rong Guotan in 1959 and Stellan Bengsston in '75 and is guaranteed to produce an upset over a better opponent. Yours for only 99.99 $ + s&h!

Thanks for the reply! As for the ball, it might just be worth it, does it play better with a expencive carbon blade?
The holy grail
Visse View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Visse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 9:25am

Ha ha ha, thats funny!

Btw, speedplay I see you are from sweden, I love the Saab 9-5 Aero...I would like to visit Trolhattan sometime.

Visse SS blade
Donic Quattro formula
http://castldine.tripod.com/table_tennis
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Visse Visse wrote:

Ha ha ha, thats funny!

Btw, speedplay I see you are from sweden, I love the Saab 9-5 Aero...I would like to visit Trolhattan sometime.

Hrmph, I drive Volvo, I am a family guy
I guess volvo is a bit like friendship 729, safe and easy. Saab being more of a Bryce, great speed, but can you control it?
The holy grail
DaKAng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaKAng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 9:56am
Haha,lol
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 10:08am

PLEASE!
Don't start comparing tabletennis equipment to cars  >___< rofl.

phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 11:17am
Funniest post I've read in a while.
Blade: Whatever is close
Rubber Sheet: Whatever still has some grip.
fluxxr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluxxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 11:24am

Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Originally posted by Harold Harold wrote:

Thanks, I will keep that in mind Just making fun of myself and everyone else who thinks that great equipment will win matches for you. I have learnt the hard way that its not so. From now on I will buy rubbers thats suits my style and level, not the ones that even pros have a hard time to handle

Which rubbers are the ones that pros have hard time handling?

pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 3:49pm
I think this is for those people who always asks:

1. "my BH strokes keep going into the net, what rubber will help me ??"

2. "my BH strokes keep going into the net, maybe I need a Borko blade"

3. "my BH strokes keep going into the net, where do I buy the H3 with blue sponge?"
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 4:00pm
1. when you loose, blame it on the rubber
2. when the rubbers are new, blame it on the blade
3. when both are new, blame it on the home made glue.
4. when everything else is fine, then its a fake DHS*** ball or the net is too high.
5. when every-every-everything else is fine, say you forgot to take your steroid.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 5:03pm
Pingpongkf; 100% right in both your posts, dont forgett, there is the light which gets in your eyes, the slippery floor which affect your shoes so much, to big/small t-shirt. There is always a logical explanation for me when I loose, al my wins are on the other hand pure skill

Fluxxr; I actually dont want to get into that cause I am not nearly as knowlegble as needed for that discussion. I you are really intrested look around the forum, here are some debattes what the pro uses. Most of them seems to use 1.9-2.1 sponge, I guess they do so for a reason... I on the other hand play max, but I am gifted like few others
The holy grail
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic