Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Palio 40+ products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Palio 40+ products
    Posted: 11/05/2016 at 12:29am
I just got a whole bunch of Palio Products to sell in my country. I'll do some reviews for them to come.
The Palio Energy blades are promising with the Energy03 the best feeling one. The Legend and Stealth series are also pretty nice. The OFF+ blade in the Stealth series feels 95% just like a Gergely. And everything seems to be pretty good. I'll try some out later especially the AK47 40+ Blue.

Sponsored Links

Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 1:37pm
Thank you Jacob, are these blades offered in ST in Philippines? 
Among the Energy blades, which one is the most spin originated?
Thanks!
Fly away!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 1:43pm
I am the Palio dealer for the Philippines. Among the Energy blades the Energy 03 has the most spin. They only come in FL or CS though. No ST.
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 2:57pm
what is the official website of palio? is there a PDF catalog we could check out?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2016 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Reaper Reaper wrote:

what is the official website of palio? is there a PDF catalog we could check out?

Unfortunately they don't have a website anymore, they only have this https://www.facebook.com/palio.gp/ which they don't even update etc. I'll see if they can give me a catalog. Will update you.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 5:07am
Where these blades are made in? I have seen all those and was impressed by the quality and their price, although the shopkeeper said that they play a bit slower than the ratings
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 5:24am
Palio being a Chinese company, I would suspect their blades are made in China too. That does not mean the quality isn't good though, as most brands make some blades in China, even Butterfly do. Wink
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 5:55am
Their 40+ line of blades incorporate the "Innerforce" style of using the carbon/fiber(composite) layers... The quality is top notch, though among 20pcs, as I ordered about 20 pcs per model... About 2 per 20pcs have unproportioned handles, everything else is perfect. Though for the higher end range all are perfect, seems the QC is better for those ones, namely the Legend and Stealth series. 
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by danjacob02 danjacob02 wrote:

Their 40+ line of blades incorporate the "Innerforce" style of using the carbon/fiber(composite) layers.

Can you explain what that means, or are you quoting Palio's description?

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2016 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Originally posted by danjacob02 danjacob02 wrote:

Their 40+ line of blades incorporate the "Innerforce" style of using the carbon/fiber(composite) layers.

Can you explain what that means, or are you quoting Palio's description?

I am quoting myself on this. "Innerforce" style meaning the composite layers are next to the core. Except for the Energy 03 which is still Innerforce style but has 4 fiber layers, 2 layers being next to core, and the other 2 aren't. And the Energy 01 and 02 which are both all wood.

Basically 
Energy 01 OFF- 3ply all wood
Energy 02 OFF 5ply all wood
Energy 03 OFF 5ply wood + 4 fiber
Energy 04 OFF 5ply wood + 2 fiber
Energy 05 OFF 3ply wood + 2 carbon
Energy 06 OFF+ 6ply wood+ 2 carbon
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 12:39am
Fair enough, thanks for the explanation Thumbs Up
I've only seen the term 'Innerforce' used for the Innerforce range of Butterfly blades, whereas other brands use similar techniques but use this term (probably because Butterfly has trademarked it).

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 3:54am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation Thumbs Up
I've only seen the term 'Innerforce' used for the Innerforce range of Butterfly blades, whereas other brands use similar techniques but use this term (probably because Butterfly has trademarked it).

Yup, I guess it may have something to do with the 40+ ball maybe. I currently use a blade with the composite material next to the core. The Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon really good blade.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2016 at 9:54pm
Day 1

Palio Energy 01 Test

This a 3 ply allwood blade listed as OFF-. I put on the Palio The Way 40+ and the Palio AK47 40+ to review the Energy 01, rubbers were previously on my black tag Korbel. So I'll be comparing this to how it feels on my Korbel. 

Initial Impressions
The handle feels pretty good, I like the handle on this one. With the rubbers on it, it does feel slightly head heavy compared to the Korbel which felt pretty head heavy so I used a grip tape to balance it out. During the bounce test I could feel a lot of vibrations with a slightly muted feel of the bounce unlike the Korbel where the blade feels alive and this feels kinda dead. I will test it out in some drills and some match play and will update this review...

Review... (updated)

The Energy 01 is a Stiff 3ply all wood blade. It feels dead yet has vibrations. It offers high control but lacks sufficient dwell time because of the stiffness which caused my flicks to be ineffective in match play. Surprisingly for an OFF- blade, this blade blocks really really well. I usually prefer OFF+ composite blades for blocking but this blade definitely is definitely really really good at it.

Pros:
Control
Stiffness for blocks
Huge sweet spot
Great for flat hitting

Cons:
Stiffness caused a lack of dwell time which in turn caused my short game and "feeling" when looping to suffer in match play.

Conclusion:
I see this blade as one that an allround offensive player would like or one who focuses on placement and control rather all out attacking.

Edited by danjacob02 - 11/09/2016 at 5:58am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 10:39pm
Palio Energy 02

First Impressions:
The Palio Energy 02 is a flexy 5ply all wood blade. It has a good feel and a nice kick from the blade. It feels somewhat like my Korbel black tag considering they are both 5ply all wood blades but the Korbel is Stiffer than the 02. Will update my review later after doing some drills and some match play...

Review...

The Energy 02 is indeed an OFF and flexy blade with ample speed. Great for looping. It has a nice dwell,feels good and has good control. Compared to my Korbel black tag, this is slightly slower. It plays a lot better in the short game compared to the Energy 01 though the Energy 01 blocks better. I can easily place the ball exactly where I want it to and easily vary the speed and spin of balls.

Conclusion
 It's good for players who like to loop with a flexy blade with sufficient speed and control. I haven't tried an Acoustic before which many argue is the best looping 5 ply all wood blade so I can't compare it to that. Nevertheless, for it's price it's really good. Best for an intermediate looper who prefers all wood. Or could be a nice backup blade for an experienced player. 

P.S.
Among the Energy series blades that I've tested(bounce test) I think I'll own an Energy 02. The Energy 03 feels the best among the range, but it feels kinda similar to my Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon so I would rather get an Energy 02 for myself.

Stay tuned for the Energy 03 tomorrow. 1 blade review a day keeps the doctor away :)

Edited by danjacob02 - 11/10/2016 at 9:14am
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 11:27pm
Thanks for your reviews Jacob! There are a lot of less known nice blades that play exceptionally well, despite of their low prices.  Clap
Fly away!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2016 at 11:44pm
You're welcome. I'll be reviewing the whole energy series. One blade a day for 6 days :)
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2016 at 8:33pm
please, review the 03 and 06 which seems to be the most intersting ones

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2016 at 10:19pm
sorry I haven't been able to continue reviewing them as my GF banned me from playing TT for the meantime so I can't give a review including drills and matchplay characteristics further from the 03. I did slap on rubbers on the 04-06 for bounce tests same rubbers as the one put on the 01-03.

Anyways here's the review for the 03...

First impressions... 
It is a well built blade, nice comfortable handle pretty exactly the same with the rest of the series having nice handles except for the 06 where I guess some QC issues happened as I noticed handles that weren't symmetrical, that wasn't done right etc. An interesting fact with this blade is that it tends to sort of change it's feel a lot when using a different rubber. It seems to synergize with different kinds of rubbers very well. I have a client who uses it with T80 and EL-P. Then my coach who uses it with MX-P and Palio AK47Blue 40+ and the blade seems to enhance the rubbers performance or should I say bring out more of it's characteristics. Anyhow enough on that... It is slightly stiff blade, 5plies of wood and 4 plies of Fiber. It's composition being Wood-Fiber-Wood-Fiber-Wood(Core)-Fiber-Wood-Fiber-Wood. The Fiber ply next to the top ply gives it more stiffness and feel in the short game but the Fiber ply next to the core gives it great feel when looping. It has a lot of dwell, and is basically a jack of all trades OFF blade with ample speed, good control, good dwell and feel all in all. It's hard to describe this blade as it's basically just a really good blade with characteristics that don't really stand out.

Pros:
Good Control
Has a nice dwell
Good Feel
Compatible with any rubber but will pronounce the rubber's characteristic even more.
Ample speed and Many Gears
Jack of All Trades

Cons:
No characteristic that stands out as it's generally 
A little too much dwell for me as it lacks just a tad bit of rebound for blocks even with MX-P

Conclusion:
This blade would suit anyone. Period. Except for those who like using soft rubbers especially on the forehand as it'll way too much dwell unless if that's what you like then that's a good thing for you. For those wanting a stiffer version of this, basically that's the Energy 04 as that has the Fiber plies next to the top ply and no Fiber next to the core. I prefer that over the 03 just because of personal preference of mine to side with stiffer blades. But all in all the 03 is a do it all, jack of all trades.

@Reaper thanks for the interest in the reviews, I was also discouraged to continue as I thought no one's interested. I'll continue the reviews for the rest of the series when I manage to get to use them in match play and drills when my TT ban is lifted lol. Regarding the Energy 06 it's immensely bouncy and pretty stiff, with a high pingy sound when bouncing a ball on the bare blade. I personally don't like the 06 but it people who like pretty fast and bouncy blades would love it. I prefer the Energy 05 as it's not too bouncy. Lemme know if you have further questions, I'll do the reviews for the 04-06 though without information from actual TT drills and matches.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 3:28pm
Update review on the Palio The Way 40+ 36-38 degree version by a client. 

I used the rubber The Way (38 degrees) because my black MX-P shrunk and became harder. I glued The Way on my Apolonia ZLC blade, due to it being soft I put it in my backhand. During drills, the rubber felt slow and very controllable. Blocks are really stable and one thing I noticed, it is more spin insensitive than the Palio AK-47 Blue rubber, however the AK is faster.

When I lifted backspin using the TW it was just a matter of timing and voila the ball is repulsed and really fast flying on a very low arc. As I adjusted, you can literally slap an underspin ball using the TW. I dominated backhand to backhand rallies because of the rubber because I can slap anything at will.

To conclude, the rubber is made for players who like to punch and slap a lot, produce deadly loops flying below sea level with the speed of a torpedo and likes blocking. If you exert more, it will reward you more.
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 11:55pm
Of the composite blades in energy series, some have "carbon" while others have "fiber". Can you explain which "fiber" is it?
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 12:45am
danjacob ...

materials used in the plies are important, but way more important is thickness of blade...and the thickness between the composite layers....

without that ... blade review is significantly deficient.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 8:19am
Thank you, for the comments and suggestions...

@ronakvyas86
it's not explicitedly stated to me by Palio what the "Fiber" material is, but in the pricelist it's listed as soft carbon, but on the blade it's written as Fiber. I might be able to know when my catalog arrives in my next order, as they don't have a digital catalog, only a physical one.

@debraj
Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely measure the thicknesses etc, will just get a caliper.

Drixzon View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drixzon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2017 at 9:31am
How about palio energy 04, 05, 06?
76ers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76ers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 10:57am
I have a Palio Tom blade.  I used for almost twenty years.  Good quality blade.  Very speedy.  I used pip out and this is good for hitting and smashing.
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2017 at 1:50pm
Hi danjacob02, and thanx for the reviews! Would you describe the Energy 03 as a high or low throw blade? Did I get it right that it is on the stiffer side but still rather soft feeling? Do you think it would pair well with the short pips?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 12:38am
I'd consider the Energy 03 High Throw. It's slightly stiff with soft feeling. For short pips, I think the Energy 04 would be better.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 1:42pm
Palio AK47 Blue is a pretty good rubber. At first it seems too fast and jumpy but then it settles in and starts playing a bit more reliably in short game. However, it is still a bit too soft and sometimes bottoms out.

I heard that AK47 Red is quite hard and fast (and heavy) so it's probably not for me. I thought about trying out AK47 Yellow (in the middle between Blue and Red) but was told it did not play like a tensor more like a regular linear rubber.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2018 at 10:34pm
Any more info on AK47 Blue sponge?
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2018 at 2:25am
AK47 Red is a light, medium hardness rubber. Okay, maybe medium-hard in the tensor world. Blue is very soft, so not my cup of tea. The main difference with tensors (besides the price) is a less elastic topsheet, hence lower spin sensitivity and a somewhat "dry", muted feel.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic