Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

want Excessively tacky rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want Excessively tacky rubber
    Posted: 11/13/2016 at 11:49am
I find that I have more confidence and more success with very tacky rubber (maze sword - will pick up the ball for 2-4 seconds)

are there any rubbers out there that are even tackier/ more sticky?

I would like to try some.

I dont care about speed or spin. it just needs to be tacky enough to pick up and hold the ball.
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
Sponsored Links

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

I find that I have more confidence and more success with very tacky rubber (maze sword - will pick up the ball for 2-4 seconds)

are there any rubbers out there that are even tackier/ more sticky?

I would like to try some.

I dont care about speed or spin. it just needs to be tacky enough to pick up and hold the ball.

Battle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 12:20pm
battle?

Edited by el luchador - 11/13/2016 at 12:45pm
edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 12:50pm
729 Battle is non-tacky. Battle II is the tacky version. 
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 1:09pm
H3? I use H3 and it can pick up the ball for over a minute. H2 could also work, although I have not used it often.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 1:54pm

battle?

Friendship battle can hold the ball for 20 secs or longer without being new
Fidelio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

H3? I use H3 and it can pick up the ball for over a minute. H2 could also work, although I have not used it often.

I dunno, the newer versions of H3 and the other Hurricanes aren't that tacky IMO.  The pre-NEO stuff was tackier.  The H3 I use can't pick up the ball for more than a moment.  That's been true for about 10 different sheets I've used in the last 3 years.
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 2:09pm
Gambler Wrath, which I'd say compares favorably to commercial H3, picked a plastic ball off the table and held it for about 2 minutes I'd say.

Problem I've found with EVERY SINGLE TACKY RUBBER is that tackyness you so love is mostly gone in about a week. Even with cleaning regularly.

Think my Wrath can only pick up a ball about 2-3 seconds now. And it's about a month 1/2 old.

That being said, I still really like that topsheet. I have just altered my expectations for how long Chinese tacky rubbers will maintain that tackiness. 

Edited by suds79 - 11/13/2016 at 2:24pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Fidelio Fidelio wrote:

Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

I dunno, the newer versions of H3 and the other Hurricanes aren't that tacky IMO.  The pre-NEO stuff was tackier.  The H3 I use can't pick up the ball for more than a moment.  That's been true for about 10 different sheets I've used in the last 3 years.

My H3 is non-neo, and it is provincial. It is slightly different from commercial H3. I have tried sheets of commercial H3 and some were very tacky, while others were not. You have to get lucky to get a good commercial.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

Gambler Wrath, which I'd say compares favorably to commercial H3, picked a plastic ball off the table and held it for about 2 minutes I'd say.

Problem I've found with EVERY SINGLE TACKY RUBBER is that tackyness you so love is mostly gone in about a week. Even with cleaning regularly.

Think my Wrath can only pick up a ball about 2-3 seconds now. And it's about a month 1/2 old.

That being said, I still really like that topsheet. I have just altered my expectations for how long Chinese tacky rubbers will maintain that tackiness. 

+1
However, the Wrath doesn't last very long in general. 

I actually like how the tackiness mostly vanishes from tacky rubbers because it gives the rubber a bit more speed. I don't boost, so this is especially welcome.
I have found that H3, and maybe some other tacky rubbers, still are very tacky when you engage the sponge. If I just touch the ball with an old H3, it doesn't hold it long. But, if I press down on the ball to engage the sponge, it picks it up for a long time.
Another problem with tackiness is humidity. If you live in an area that is often humid, you can expect the tackiness to not work effectively. Where I live, it gets really humid in the summer. My rubber doesn't grab the ball in humid conditions because the humidity can condense on the rubber in a very thin layer and cause the ball to slip and not spin. I have to constantly wipe the humidity off to play well.
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 3:20pm
Add a layer of baby oil on a tacky topsheet and wait till it is completely dried.
Fly away!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 6:05pm
Sanwei national red version
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 7:05pm
Get any tacky tubber and use protector sheets.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 7:46pm
Saran wrap or a similar plastic wrap also works well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2016 at 12:09am
thanks guys.

Im putting together a shopping cart and will try a few.

apart from tacky rubbers that slow the ball down due to the ball losing energy breaking the stiction, is there another type of inverted rubber that can slow balls down?

thanks
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2016 at 12:50am

thanks guys.

Im putting together a shopping cart and will try a few.

apart from tacky rubbers that slow the ball down due to the ball losing energy breaking the stiction, is there another type of inverted rubber that can slow balls down?

thanks

I think sponge plays the biggest role in slowing it down. Far more than topsheet IMO.

Just get something that's soft & not overly thick and certainly not tuned.

Softer generally means greater spin or dwell time but people complain it's slow unlike hard rubbers which are fast. Try something in 2.0 at most.

You might find it's not so easy to find Chinese tacky in soft sponge. Most of them are pretty firm. If you can find something that's tacky & soft to medium, that's probably what you're looking for.

Some options could be
- H3 on that #19 sponge.
- DHS G666
- LKT Pro XT
- Gambler Wrath
- Geospin Tacky

And I guess if you're not looking to hit super fast, wouldn't hurt for you to be playing with either an all + or off - blade.

Edited by suds79 - 11/14/2016 at 12:52am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2016 at 4:16pm
To add to the list:
Gambler Reflectoid
Joola Topspin C
Hurricane 3-50 Soft
Skyline 3-60 Soft
CTT National Hero
Stiga Neos Tacky
Galaxy Earth
Butterfly Tackifire C Soft

Gambler Reflectoid is the softest and slowest out of all of these and absorbs a lot of speed. Due to this, it bottoms out easily. It is mainly a defensive rubber and is played like Anti, but can generate spin if wanted.
Hurricane 3-50 Soft is the fastest out of these. Skyline 3-60 Soft is close to it.
There are many more options, these are just a few.
edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2016 at 7:15pm
Here you go:

http://www.eacheng.net/999-999T-Type-p10927.html

Tackiest TT rubber known to man.

Edited by edgy - 11/14/2016 at 7:16pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 2:25am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Whats the best spinny rubber but more forgiving than hurricane?
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 2:40am
Try Galaxy mercury II - cheаp, tacky, more lively than h3. Or Galaxy Jupiter.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 5:09am
My H8 stays incredibly tacky, generates plenty of spin, but due to the tackiness the smash is rather difficult and slow. If I was good enough to keep on driving the ball consistently I would definitely play only with the H8 or similar tacky ones.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 5:58am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Sanwei national red v
ersion

Haifu shark 3
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 8:09am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

I happen to like hurricane 3-50, I'm using 3-50 soft, and with a hard and stiff enough blade behind it, has a pretty satisfying punch to it when smashing while still being able to get nice tacky spins on loops/serves etc.

Edited by jk92 - 11/15/2016 at 8:11am
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 9:47am
Where are the stock answers?  dhs PF4, 729fx?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 9:49am
Ya if you want excessive then a product like spinmax is probably your best bet
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 5:35pm
I just ordered the following. Hopefully I find the one I like out of this bunch so I can stick to it.

999 999T Type
DHS PF4
KOKUTAKU BLütenkirsche 868 (TENSION, SUPER-TACKY)
729 Super FX (Black Rubber with Black Sponge)
DHS Hurricane2

Brahms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brahms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2016 at 4:54pm
It's my video  lol    :-) 
Blade : Aero off+ soft carbon

FH : Tuttle 888 Extraterrestrial 2.2mm
BH : Dr Neubauer Killer Pro 1.8mm
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2016 at 8:16am

I just ordered the following. Hopefully I find the one I like out of this bunch so I can stick to it.

999 999T Type
DHS PF4
KOKUTAKU BLütenkirsche 868 (TENSION, SUPER-TACKY)
729 Super FX (Black Rubber with Black Sponge)
DHS Hurricane2

If that kokutaku is not tacky enough nothing will be. The sponge on that was so hard and dead that i could chop heavy spin loops on my fh w ease. Attacking was another story.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2016 at 9:03am
You can make any tacky rubber extremely tacky by using protector sheets if it is tackiness you care about.  IF you want a good rubber, then look for one and stop wasting time on tackiness.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2016 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

If that kokutaku is not tacky enough nothing will be. The sponge on that was so hard and dead that i could chop heavy spin loops on my fh w ease. Attacking was another story.

I cant wait to try it. I dont know if it can be tackier than the xushaofa 999 though . A guy uses it in my club and that rubber is unbelievably sticky.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic