Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Powersponge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Powersponge
    Posted: 08/24/2006 at 2:34am
--don't know if this has already been posted--
butterflyonline.com now has their sriver/bryce powersponges for sale (FX also). I guess this means that they fixed the problem with the solvent levels mentioned a while back. Sriver is $45 and Bryce checks in at $65. THe rubbers' glue effect is supposed to last 3-4 months and there was no note that I could find about needing to 'air them out.'
Sponsored Links

PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 5:22am

I think PS rubbers don't need to air out moreover you mustn't. For that reason they offer the CO2alubag that you can store you bat in under CO2 pressure in order to keep PS effect alive (for 3-4 months) Without this procedure you can enjoy PS effect only 1-2 months dandoy says. (Who's rubber lasts for 2 months at all?!  )

I am sure PS rubbers has no toxic level as a normal rubber hasn't. They could treat PS sponge with a long lasting glue which doesn't contain solvents should be banned. I have a pair Sriver PS FX + alubag and I haven't opened them. I keep them in their alu sack till my GPS is in good condition.

we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
crs2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 6:59am
The effect won't last 3-4 months, allubag or not.  I'm at my 3'd set of PS, and if you play everyday the rubber doesn't last that long let alone the effect. Very expensive, but i guess beats poisoning yourself. I try to use a set for at least 2 months.  As for the toxic level of PS all I can say is that they have the strongest smell, even unopened the whole room smells like fish.  The upside of all this: incredible rubbers, best compromise you can get (IMO).
paullau512 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paullau512 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 7:45am
In france, the Bryce Power Sponge 47.90 � !! it is too expensive !!!
Stiga Allround Classic
Haifu Shark II Max both sides
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 7:48am
Almost the same here. But if you can spare the price of the glue since you needn't reglue and does not matter if you managed to glue good or not. The  performance of the PS rubber is the same from the first second to 1-2-3 hours...
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 8:01am
here's how I figure: Bryce PS - Bryce = $10
So, If we *assume* that the effect lasts for 3 months, then the question becomes whether you spend $10 on 3 months' worth of speed glue. That's something I can't answer for everyone.
However, if I decided to go for a glue effect rubber, I would buy an esn tensor- less expensive and no CO2 bag/ noxious fumes nonsense.
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 8:11am

I spend round 20$ for glue (Sziko Premium Speed) in a 3 month period. For me it is worth it.

You can use ESN or BIOS tensor but these rubbers don't have the real glued feeling. I am convinced that PS is the right way. The rubber sheets mustn't changed. All of the popular rubbersheets should be kept. Only this solvent stuff should be solved. The secret (thus the solution) must be in the sponge only.

susubean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susubean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 8:15am
I am with fatcomet :p.

And I really wonder what is so special about the CO2 bag ? can't I have a big black plactise bag then blow in some of my freshest CO2 into it while storing that rubber ? what happen if I blow in some H2O, won't it damages the sponge ? (Yes, the CO2 bag does need your own CO2 to fill the bag after sealing)...
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 8:25am
I wouldn't want to put my mouth anywhere near a powersponge
rubber.
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 8:27am
I think your solution is proper and alubag is rather for keep PS under pressure. (Regarding the fact that we breath in

21%

O2

78%

N2

1%

Helium, Neon,

Kripton

0,03%

sz�n-dioxid

CO2

And breeth out 16% O2, 78%N2, 1% He,Ne,Kr and only 5% CO2 in normal condition. After a good training it can chage :)

PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 8:30am

Originally posted by fatcomet fatcomet wrote:

I wouldn't want to put my mouth anywhere near a powersponge
rubber.

You should not. The CO2 alubag contains 3pcs alubag and pack of sipper that you can use for blowing the alubag

susubean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susubean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 1:33pm
Oh Thank you PLLsystem, I am not good in science and I am really surprise I made only 5% of CO2-per-breeth (although it's still significant over whole life time to contribute the global pollution gang ;p)... but I would definitely want to breath more in this case ;-).

By the way, I can't stop laugh on those sipper.. it must be very weired one day every TT player use powersponge and bring a lot of sipper, alubag or plactise bag.. and after each session, player just blow a balloon then go home.. or perhaps the sport center will have to provide a CO2 gas pipe to make best pressure to our rubbers ;p.
susubean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susubean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 1:37pm
To crs2 (...even unopened the whole room smells like fish. ...)..

look like you are the early bird early victim. Previously they made TT more poison then many sport (with speed glue), now they make it more smelly then other, with even more unhealthy CO2 to prolong their clever invention...

Oh dear~
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 2:41am

Originally posted by susubean susubean wrote:

By the way, I can't stop laugh on those sipper..
Same here :) I was really surprised when I opened that parcel :D First I thought it was like free gift

Otherwise pressurizing (keeping your racket under pressure) is not a Butterfly invention. In the Andro scale there was a plastic bat cover with a valve that you could connect a pump to and you could make pressure in it. This staff provided longer lasting of speed glue effect. I cannot find it at www.andro.de/en at the moment..

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2006 at 12:57pm
in norway the Bryce ps is about 80 usd! now that is expensive!!
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
hamsterlicious8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamsterlicious8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2006 at 2:52am
well i think i'ma give bryce fx ps a try on my kim take bat, and sriver also, ......but after i open it will i need 2 keep it under pressure...even if not on bat?
Butterfly Cypress-s
Back to Bryce again!...
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2006 at 11:30am
Well i just bought 2 sheets of regular Bryce... but i think I'll be sticking to regular speed glue from now until whenever it gets banned. I do hate glue build up though.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic