Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

999t review -Awesome $5 rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 999t review -Awesome $5 rubber
    Posted: 10/15/2017 at 11:42pm
wow, thats terrible.

maybe that drops the price even more for practice and club play?
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
Sponsored Links

manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 7:41pm
unfortunately super 999t rubber will no longer be authorized after 31 of december 2017 according to the ittf larcs which puplished on first of october 2017

Edited by manraid - 10/15/2017 at 7:43pm
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 6:17pm

[/QUOTE]

the black is less tacky than the red so it will have a little bit higher throw.

I appreciate this rubber more and more as my rating has improved(significantly).  Im appreciating slow tacky rubbers more its just that this one is $5 so it represents a great bargain.

[/QUOTE]

i agree with that the black sheet of mine is newer than my red sheet abnd i think the red is tackier than the black one

the black suits my bh more than fh because of the higher throw

the red sheet i glued it to my blade in march 2017 and stills plays great till now and the black i glued it last month

i think till now the durability of these rubbers is very good
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 8:20am
Originally posted by manraid manraid wrote:

for those who try this rubber can you tell me about the throw angle of this rubber?

i asked because i found the red sheet to be of low-medium to medium throw however the black sheet is higher throw than the red one.

the black is less tacky than the red so it will have a little bit higher throw.

I appreciate this rubber more and more as my rating has improved(significantly).  Im appreciating slow tacky rubbers more its just that this one is $5 so it represents a great bargain.

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 12:50am
The rubber has a medium-low to low throw angle when engaging the sponge for blocking and driving, but becomes much higher when brushing with the very tacky topsheet. Getting that decent throw out of this rubber requires way too much effort though. This discrepancy makes the rubber inconsistent as an attacking rubber on BH, and for FH it is not hard enough for me.
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 6:35pm
for those who try this rubber can you tell me about the throw angle of this rubber?

i asked because i found the red sheet to be of low-medium to medium throw however the black sheet is higher throw than the red one.
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

Originally posted by Audrey17 Audrey17 wrote:

999T is good "lower intermediate" rubber that you can even play until
advanced. I feel this rubber gives a lot of the benefits of TACKY
rubbers. There's zero catapult effect. Strong strokes will give you
plenty of speed & you will have the confidence to hit them.

Correct. One thing though this is a speed glue rubber -

Ie, unboosted its slow and steady. Boost it and get out of the way because it picks up speed and spin like crazy

or pair it with an off+ blade and u will find the real mean of speed and spin monsters.
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Audrey17 Audrey17 wrote:

999T is good "lower intermediate" rubber that you can even play until
advanced. I feel this rubber gives a lot of the benefits of TACKY
rubbers. There's zero catapult effect. Strong strokes will give you
plenty of speed & you will have the confidence to hit them.

Correct. One thing though this is a speed glue rubber -

Ie, unboosted its slow and steady. Boost it and get out of the way because it picks up speed and spin like crazy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 12:05pm
Any decent blade will work. I would suggest an inexpensive all blade
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 2:33am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Not sure if I said this before but all in all this rubber performs like a slower, soft sponged version of TG2

this would be pretty bad then. I have tg2, and for me it's good only until it breaks in , after this it's slow, softer, dead thing, and everyone can punch your loop.

what bladd could be good to attach a 999t for teaching amateurs?
Audrey17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrey17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2017 at 10:55pm
999T is good "lower intermediate" rubber that you can even play until advanced. I feel this rubber gives a lot of the benefits of TACKY rubbers. There's zero catapult effect. Strong strokes will give you plenty of speed & you will have the confidence to hit them.
MY best ping pong table reviews and unique guideline
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2017 at 3:42am

Not sure if I said this before but all in all this rubber performs like a slower, soft sponged version of TG2

this would be pretty bad then. I have tg2, and for me it's good only until it breaks in , after this it's slow, softer, dead thing, and everyone can punch your loop.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 8:42pm
i played with it today for 3 hours session in a very humid condition (70%humidity) and what i notice that this rubber performs very good and didnot affected in any way by the high humidity

its tack was very high and it was slight slow compared to the red one(played with it for 4 months ) obvious during fh countering but during looping,choping ,pushing it performs so great in a better way than the red one

a friend of mine who played with my blade tell me that my blade is faster than his (he has innerforce zlc with t05fx and t05 )

all in all it is a very good rubber really great rubber

by the way my hurricane 8 that i removed from my blade i played with it for 2 years now and still perform very good and i think 999t durability may exceede the h8 ,i wish it happens Smile
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 6:38pm
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 5:41pm

i removed the h8 from my BH and put 999t black sheet on it and i'll see how it will perform on my bh

I'm looking forward for your impressions!
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 11:51am
i removed the h8 from my BH and put 999t black sheet on it and i'll see how it will perform on my bh
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

how hard is the sponge?any 999T plays like that? or just the version you bought

there's 44° stamped on the sponge, it feels medium when i pressed my fingers, harder than Airoc S, Evo FX-P, softer than Karis M+, Dhs PF4, 729 XiEnTing.

By reading the other reviews i guess mine came from a bad batch, mine plays just like a japanese classic rubber, the opposite from hard sponge/sticky topsheet
Neottec Magic Control -CN : Nexy Karis M / 61second Kangaroo
Revoldia clone -ST: Hurricane 9 green / 61second Eagle
Donier Defensive -ST: Sword Long Can / 61second Eagle

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2017 at 5:47pm
Yes, those are heavy. 999 rubbers have same topsheet, but different sponges.
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2017 at 5:33pm
I remember there is JUIC 999 version ? and the regular Globe 999T version ? Maybe only the Globe 999T is the sticky/tacky  rubber ? I thought 999 rubbers are very heavy ! ? Won't having 2 999T for FH/BH make the racket too much head heavy ? 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Reaper Reaper wrote:

my review is a little bit disappointing, i'm a big fan of sticky rubber and i finally used this rubber thinking it would suit my style, but didn't perform well.

I have been using a 3 year old 1.5mm DHS PF4-1 that i removed from a cheap premade, my BH flips were deadly because of the tacky rubber and slow speed and my chopping was very controllable and got me some points... eventually the sponge flattened and i had to find a replacement.

I got the Super 999T in red and the topsheet is extremely see-through (doesn't seems promising but we'll see), it's not as tacky as it claims to be, doesn't pick any ball at all.

it's 2.2mm 44° and the bounce is null, even a 1.5mm from a premade had more bounce, it is useless in blocking anything. I do like slow rubbers but i'm struggling with this one.

I couldn't score many points with the backhand flick, it was so unpredictable, sometimes the topsheet wouldn't grab or simply the incoming ball would just not bounce off of it. The chopping went better but nothing out of the ordinary

Maybe i got one from a bad batch but I was expecting so much more from this rubber claiming to be a super tacky rubber with controlled speed. Cry

how hard is the sponge?any 999T plays like that? or just the version you bought
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 11:53am
it could be a bad patch mine is very tacky i played with for 4 months now and it lift the ball against gravity for about 1.5-2 minutes in worst cases
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 7:56am

.... and it indeed have a lower throw angle compared to h8 definitely especially on bh when doing banana flick

i specially got this rubber to perform those BH flicks, expecting a low throw tacky rubber. Mine is not tacky at all and behaves just like a japanese rubber, like a slower Sriver. Cry
Neottec Magic Control -CN : Nexy Karis M / 61second Kangaroo
Revoldia clone -ST: Hurricane 9 green / 61second Eagle
Donier Defensive -ST: Sword Long Can / 61second Eagle

manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 1:15am
i tried it yesterday and i usually used it on my fh but yesterday i played with it on bh and i noticed a very strange thing about this ,when y top spin a ball with this rubber on fy or bh the arc was extremely strange the arc begins normally in a reasonable height but when it hits the table it suddenly flatten in a dramatic manner which is something i didnot see with h8 or h3neo which makes it a dead and powerful weapon if u could perform a full stroke fh or bh topspin and it indeed have a lower throw angle compared to h8 definitely especially on bh when doing banana flick
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 11:55pm

I tried it today on my fast stiff balsa blade on BH and it was surprisingly good. Very linear and controllable. Very stable looping game. Lacks the top gear to really threaten my opponents but for everything else it was fine.

awesome. Glad its working out for you.

Im beginning to feel that slow rubber on a fast blade is the combination for me. 

playing tonight, against a guy who usually beats me 9 out of 10 matches, I was able to pretty much dictate the pace of the game. I wasnt trying to blast kill shots past him, but I could place the ball pretty much exactly where I wanted it, and that led to wins. in the last couple of days we have played 7 matches and I have won 4.

the main things I noticed with this combo (slow rubber with fast blade) are

1. brush loop is sweeeeet. it JUST happens. with no drama. sometimes I dont even think it should still hold the ball but surprisingly it does !
2. backhand block is wonderful - where before I would panic when getting a fast loop shot to my backhand, now I just place the racket where it needs to be and put the ball back on the table - to his wide forehand :)
3. push is excellent as always.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 6:20pm
I tried it today on my fast stiff balsa blade on BH and it was surprisingly good. Very linear and controllable. Very stable looping game. Lacks the top gear to really threaten my opponents but for everything else it was fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 11:23am
I like all $5 rubbers that help improve a beginner's game.
:)
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 10:01am
well you really seem to like this rubber ;)
I just put a sheet on my bh since it is the highest throw rubber in decent condition that I have right now.
It needs to be boosted anyways and is best paired with a fast flexy blade. Then I imagine it has enough power. Still, a consistent yet rather harmeless rubber.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 9:36am
Ok guys, new discovery.

Putting this rubber on a fast blade makes it a controllable weapon!

Ive been using it on an all blade. Putting it on an off blade brings the power that may be lacking with slower blades.

I think with an off+ blade it will have more than enough speed for anyone while retaining the control

Edited by el luchador - 05/11/2017 at 9:55am
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 5:33pm
thanks. yeh, I figured that's the one.
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

This one, perhaps, about 'Training Rubber'?

pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 12:32pm
This one, perhaps, about 'Training Rubber'?

USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic