tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

999t review -Awesome $5 rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Recently an older fella in my club asked me what I think of one his combos, so he gave a Primorac Carbon with the 999t......I was astonished how good the combination was. Long ago I used to play with this rubber, but on my blades and Ididn't like it-too slow, so I bought 999N and with speedglue it was WOW.....but the PC with the red 999t was/is WOW too even now with the new shitty balls
Another proof how important the compatibility between rubber and blades is
=============
If one is interested in, it doesn't cost much to try it out on your own blade.
skip3119
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 5:40am
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

Originally posted by manraid manraid wrote:

can anyone compare this rubber to hurricane 3 neo or hurricane 8 as regard durability ,speed ,spin ,throw angle ,...etc?

a friend of mine had h3 on a tg7 al, same blade as i use, and we tested it out. it is very similar to h3 but h3 is a little bit more lively.

h3 I think is a little faster and per my buddy counterloops better, but at my level they were very similar.

how about its durability ?
MJ SZLC ST

FH DHS Hurricane 8 2.15mm black
BH DHS Hurricane 8 2.2mm black

Kolev View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 12:50pm
Very, very, very durable.As all 999 rubbers(including Juic)
3x Hallmark Carbon Extreme
FH: T64/Vega Japan/H8
BH: T05/Omega4 € /Primus
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Very, very, very durable.As all 999 rubbers(including Juic)

agree. Ive been using mine 4 days a week up to three hours at a time and its still in good condition.

it has lost a little of its slowness that made it great for pushing but it gained a little speed that made it better for attack. still overall a very controllable rubber.
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 5:39pm
 i wonder if this rubber is placed on my blade (mj szlc) did the overall speed of the combo will be decreased alot compared to h8 or h3n on my blade (which i tried and its speed is very good not as the speed of euro rubbers but acceptable and satisfied me) as i noticed that someone mentioned in this post that this rubber is recommended to be placed on a fast blade .

sorry for my bad language .

Edited by manraid - 01/05/2017 at 5:40pm
MJ SZLC ST

FH DHS Hurricane 8 2.15mm black
BH DHS Hurricane 8 2.2mm black

Kolev View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 7:40pm
Yes , the speed will decrease, but maybe this is not that bad after all
3x Hallmark Carbon Extreme
FH: T64/Vega Japan/H8
BH: T05/Omega4 € /Primus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 1:12am
my buddy who uses h3 on the same blade compares the 999t to h3.

As i used both to block i will say it was harder to block the h3 shots as they came with more spin and speed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2017 at 5:11pm
game play. best sequence from 2:20 -2:40

Im the big guy(ok we are both big guys so Im the one wearing pants lol)

match against a player rated 300+ pts higher than me. when i was using bouncy rubbers, I had ZERO chance against him. In this game he doesnt look like an attacker but thats because i tried to keep the ball out of his power zones. Without the tacky rubber control he would be wailing on the ball every single chance and putting me away easy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 58 minutes ago at 3:27pm
Still playing with this training rubber. I noticed when playing with better players like 1700+ it feels kinda slow so I decided to try to boost it. 

Well I couldnt find the bottle of paraffin oil I had bought some time back so I just put about 4 layers of wd40 on it. wow. the doming is dramatic. Red domes more than black. I will play with it tonight and report back on how it plays boosted

Edited by el luchador - 57 minutes ago at 3:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic