FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

999t review -Awesome $5 rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 1:47am
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Finally, I glued the rubber (put one very thin layer of booster on sponge, just in case) to my all+ blade, and had a hitting session with my hitting partner.

The rubber has enough speed and spin, not as much as H3 or TG3 though. However, men, I believe all of us shall have this rubber on one of our used blades, and we use it to have a 5 mins fh / bh warm up before training, tournament ... etc. Unlike tensor rubbers, this rubber will force you to have correct strokes and techniques. If your stroke is no good, the ball will hit under the net. No kidding LOL

lol. my thoughts exactly. even if not using this for tournament play its is definitely a great training rubber because correct form must be used.
bro, cannot use this rubber in tournament, nothing to do with speed / spin (it has more than enough), this rubber cannot help you when you are in tight spot LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by Egghead - 03/26/2017 at 11:09am
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Sponsored Links

el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 7:31am
lol. yep I used it backhand and forehand in an under 1500 tournament last weekend and got eliminated in the quarter finals by a player who had some heavy pushing going on that I did not have an answer for.

had I been using tenergy though I wouldnt even have gotten to the elimination round Tongue
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 1:18pm

lol. yep I used it backhand and forehand in an under 1500 tournament last weekend and got eliminated in the quarter finals by a player who had some heavy pushing going on that I did not have an answer for.

had I been using tenergy though I wouldnt even have gotten to the elimination round Tongue
hmm, tenergy ???? it sounds like you hit the ball very hard (not a really problem). You may want to add some more spins into your strokes to bring the ball down or not hit so hard when you use tenergy next time 

ya, that 999t needs you to hit hard LOL

Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2017 at 7:27pm
my review is a little bit disappointing, i'm a big fan of sticky rubber and i finally used this rubber thinking it would suit my style, but didn't perform well.

I have been using a 3 year old 1.5mm DHS PF4-1 that i removed from a cheap premade, my BH flips were deadly because of the tacky rubber and slow speed and my chopping was very controllable and got me some points... eventually the sponge flattened and i had to find a replacement.

I got the Super 999T in red and the topsheet is extremely see-through (doesn't seems promising but we'll see), it's not as tacky as it claims to be, doesn't pick any ball at all.

it's 2.2mm 44° and the bounce is null, even a 1.5mm from a premade had more bounce, it is useless in blocking anything. I do like slow rubbers but i'm struggling with this one.

I couldn't score many points with the backhand flick, it was so unpredictable, sometimes the topsheet wouldn't grab or simply the incoming ball would just not bounce off of it. The chopping went better but nothing out of the ordinary

Maybe i got one from a bad batch but I was expecting so much more from this rubber claiming to be a super tacky rubber with controlled speed. Cry

Neottec Magic Control -CN : Nexy Karis M / 61second Kangaroo
Revoldia clone -ST: Hurricane 9 green / 61second Eagle
Donier Defensive -ST: Sword Long Can / 61second Eagle

shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2017 at 8:47pm

Originally posted by manraid manraid wrote:

can anyone compare this rubber to hurricane 3 neo or hurricane 8 as regard durability ,speed ,spin ,throw angle ,...etc?
from what i remember read online (taobao and others), it is similar to the old H3.

Hi Egghead

I searched for 999T on Taobao but I didn't find the rubber. There are some 999Ts but doesn't seem to be the same one of this thread.

Does someone know if this rubber is still on taobao? 
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by shinshiro shinshiro wrote:

can anyone compare this rubber to hurricane 3 neo or hurricane 8 as regard durability ,speed ,spin ,throw angle ,...etc?
from what i remember read online (taobao and others), it is similar to the old H3.

Hi Egghead

I searched for 999T on Taobao but I didn't find the rubber. There are some 999Ts but doesn't seem to be the same one of this thread.

ya, couple stores have 999T  Big smile

https://world.taobao.com/item/15692601418.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.CFodxE#detail

https://world.taobao.com/item/40036206178.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.CFodxE#detail
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2017 at 9:33pm

Originally posted by shinshiro shinshiro wrote:

Hi Egghead

ya, couple stores have 999T  Big smile

https://world.taobao.com/item/15692601418.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.CFodxE#detail

https://world.taobao.com/item/40036206178.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.CFodxE#detail

Wow, thank you very much!Big smile
I need to learn how to search better on Taobao haha

Edit: Does anyone know how this rubber compares to reactor corbor?

Edited by shinshiro - 04/30/2017 at 9:34pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Reaper Reaper wrote:

my review is a little bit disappointing, i'm a big fan of sticky rubber and i finally used this rubber thinking it would suit my style, but didn't perform well.

I have been using a 3 year old 1.5mm DHS PF4-1 that i removed from a cheap premade, my BH flips were deadly because of the tacky rubber and slow speed and my chopping was very controllable and got me some points... eventually the sponge flattened and i had to find a replacement.

I got the Super 999T in red and the topsheet is extremely see-through (doesn't seems promising but we'll see), it's not as tacky as it claims to be, doesn't pick any ball at all.

it's 2.2mm 44° and the bounce is null, even a 1.5mm from a premade had more bounce, it is useless in blocking anything. I do like slow rubbers but i'm struggling with this one.

I couldn't score many points with the backhand flick, it was so unpredictable, sometimes the topsheet wouldn't grab or simply the incoming ball would just not bounce off of it. The chopping went better but nothing out of the ordinary

Maybe i got one from a bad batch but I was expecting so much more from this rubber claiming to be a super tacky rubber with controlled speed. Cry

hmm. sorry about the experience.

interesting that it had no tack. may we ask where you bought it from?

thanks
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 4:51pm
I am currently using a globe 999T blue sponge version which was given to me by a friend. This version is far more better than the globe999 blue sponge version that claimed to be the national version. The globe999T blue sponge version is more lighter and bouncer and the weird thing about the rubber when it you cut a new sheet the Topsheet looks very dull similar to Antispin rubber but the more you play and the more you clean after every session, it becomes shiny and sticky.

Edited by rossicarbon - 05/02/2017 at 4:53pm
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 10:42pm
(I edited my original February post with the below comments just now)

Played with 999T on both sides for about 3 months and on the BH eventually moved back to Japanese rubber that was slightly softer.  Then 2.5 months later I've gone back to Japanese rubber on the FH has well.

The big problem with the rubber is passive blocking and also during very quick exchanges where you might be slightly out of position.  The slowness and hardness of the rubber makes it a bit unforgiving in these two situations.  

After changing back to Japanese rubbers I played much more consistently during game play. So the positives of the short game and spin did not outweigh the flaws when playing games.

I work with a coach twice a week so obviously I have been improving but you could consider 999T a potential 'stroke' improvement rubber.  It really forces you to have extremely good form and full strokes on Every stroke.  In reality, a mere mortal like me cannot attain that level of consistency.  I need a rubber that is slightly more forgiving because in game play you will not always be in the correct position and be able to make an active block.

(never tried boosting it)
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by DarkerMyLove DarkerMyLove wrote:

(I edited my original February post with the below comments just now)

Played with 999T on both sides for about 3 months and on the BH eventually moved back to Japanese rubber that was slightly softer.  Then 2.5 months later I've gone back to Japanese rubber on the FH has well.

The big problem with the rubber is passive blocking and also during very quick exchanges where you might be slightly out of position.  The slowness and hardness of the rubber makes it a bit unforgiving in these two situations.  

After changing back to Japanese rubbers I played much more consistently during game play. So the positives of the short game and spin did not outweigh the flaws when playing games.

I work with a coach twice a week so obviously I have been improving but you could consider 999T a potential 'stroke' improvement rubber.  It really forces you to have extremely good form and full strokes on Every stroke.  In reality, a mere mortal like me cannot attain that level of consistency.  I need a rubber that is slightly more forgiving because in game play you will not always be in the correct position and be able to make an active block.

(never tried boosting it)

Thanks for your feedback. I think this rubber might be a good thing for me, I need to improve my mechanics.

You played with this rubbers for quite a long time, could you please tell how is the durability?
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 5:20am
After playing about 3hrs of training per week + 2 hrs of game play per week I first really felt at the 4.5 week mark a noticeable difference.  After that I changed at the 3rd or 4th week just because the rubber is really cheap and I don't feel there's a break in period so you can just glue it on and it feels the same (to me).

Previously with Hexer I could get away with 6 weeks.

Of course if you don't train too much you might can get away with more. If you are doing lots of loops and multiball ect it will wear faster obviously.

I still have 4-5 sheets of both red and black...haha  PM me if you're interested Smile
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 11:55pm
It's a great training rubber, and it boosts very well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 7:46am
Originally posted by DarkerMyLove DarkerMyLove wrote:

After playing about 3hrs of training per week + 2 hrs of game play per week I first really felt at the 4.5 week mark a noticeable difference.  After that I changed at the 3rd or 4th week just because the rubber is really cheap and I don't feel there's a break in period so you can just glue it on and it feels the same (to me).

Previously with Hexer I could get away with 6 weeks.

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Of course if you don't train too much you might can get away with more. If you are doing lots of loops and multiball ect it will wear faster obviously.</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">I still have 4-5 sheets of both red and black...haha  PM me if you're interested Smile</span>

If they haven't been spoken for i want them

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2017 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

It's a great training rubber, and it boosts very well.

that bears repeating. This rubber is perfect for stroke development.

although, it also comes in handy in tournament when you dont know your opponent so maximum control of the ball is your friend even if you give up some speed.
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2017 at 10:05am
i have an opportunity to try the 999t black sheet on my friend's blade (marcos freitus alc) and i think red sheet seems soft compared to the black sheet (still both medium hard rubbers)and i think the black is more durable than red

and more practicing with this rubber gives me that control is the shining core of this rubber beside the spin generation as well as speed of course(since i put it on mjszlc  which is a fast blade ).

this rubber compared to hurricanes (8 and 3 neo) i ithink 999t wins
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2017 at 12:49am

i have an opportunity to try the 999t black sheet on my friend's blade (marcos freitus alc) and i think red sheet seems soft compared to the black sheet (still both medium hard rubbers)and i think the black is more durable than red

and more practicing with this rubber gives me that control is the shining core of this rubber beside the spin generation as well as speed of course(since i put it on mjszlc  which is a fast blade ).

this rubber compared to hurricanes (8 and 3 neo) i ithink 999t wins

thanks for posting. I agree, these slow rubbers can really benefit from a fast blade.
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 12:27pm

there is a huge thread on ooakforums about the cheap chinese rubbers that you might look into.

can you give the link to that thread?
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 12:32pm
This one, perhaps, about 'Training Rubber'?

USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
lgxb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgxb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2017 at 5:33pm
thanks. yeh, I figured that's the one.
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

This one, perhaps, about 'Training Rubber'?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 9:36am
Ok guys, new discovery.

Putting this rubber on a fast blade makes it a controllable weapon!

Ive been using it on an all blade. Putting it on an off blade brings the power that may be lacking with slower blades.

I think with an off+ blade it will have more than enough speed for anyone while retaining the control

Edited by el luchador - 05/11/2017 at 9:55am
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 10:01am
well you really seem to like this rubber ;)
I just put a sheet on my bh since it is the highest throw rubber in decent condition that I have right now.
It needs to be boosted anyways and is best paired with a fast flexy blade. Then I imagine it has enough power. Still, a consistent yet rather harmeless rubber.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 11:23am
I like all $5 rubbers that help improve a beginner's game.
:)
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 6:20pm
I tried it today on my fast stiff balsa blade on BH and it was surprisingly good. Very linear and controllable. Very stable looping game. Lacks the top gear to really threaten my opponents but for everything else it was fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

I tried it today on my fast stiff balsa blade on BH and it was surprisingly good. Very linear and controllable. Very stable looping game. Lacks the top gear to really threaten my opponents but for everything else it was fine.

awesome. Glad its working out for you.

Im beginning to feel that slow rubber on a fast blade is the combination for me. 

playing tonight, against a guy who usually beats me 9 out of 10 matches, I was able to pretty much dictate the pace of the game. I wasnt trying to blast kill shots past him, but I could place the ball pretty much exactly where I wanted it, and that led to wins. in the last couple of days we have played 7 matches and I have won 4.

the main things I noticed with this combo (slow rubber with fast blade) are

1. brush loop is sweeeeet. it JUST happens. with no drama. sometimes I dont even think it should still hold the ball but surprisingly it does !
2. backhand block is wonderful - where before I would panic when getting a fast loop shot to my backhand, now I just place the racket where it needs to be and put the ball back on the table - to his wide forehand :)
3. push is excellent as always.
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 1:15am
i tried it yesterday and i usually used it on my fh but yesterday i played with it on bh and i noticed a very strange thing about this ,when y top spin a ball with this rubber on fy or bh the arc was extremely strange the arc begins normally in a reasonable height but when it hits the table it suddenly flatten in a dramatic manner which is something i didnot see with h8 or h3neo which makes it a dead and powerful weapon if u could perform a full stroke fh or bh topspin and it indeed have a lower throw angle compared to h8 definitely especially on bh when doing banana flick
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 7:56am

.... and it indeed have a lower throw angle compared to h8 definitely especially on bh when doing banana flick

i specially got this rubber to perform those BH flicks, expecting a low throw tacky rubber. Mine is not tacky at all and behaves just like a japanese rubber, like a slower Sriver. Cry
Neottec Magic Control -CN : Nexy Karis M / 61second Kangaroo
Revoldia clone -ST: Hurricane 9 green / 61second Eagle
Donier Defensive -ST: Sword Long Can / 61second Eagle

manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 11:53am
it could be a bad patch mine is very tacky i played with for 4 months now and it lift the ball against gravity for about 1.5-2 minutes in worst cases
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Reaper Reaper wrote:

how hard is the sponge?any 999T plays like that? or just the version you bought
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2017 at 5:33pm
I remember there is JUIC 999 version ? and the regular Globe 999T version ? Maybe only the Globe 999T is the sticky/tacky  rubber ? I thought 999 rubbers are very heavy ! ? Won't having 2 999T for FH/BH make the racket too much head heavy ? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic