Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

999t review -Awesome $5 rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 999t review -Awesome $5 rubber
    Posted: 12/04/2016 at 10:13pm
To keep things in perspective, Im a late 30s player with a current USATT rating of mid 1400s so my game is not advanced and my competition is not that advanced either.

I played a tournament with tenergy and I was popping every thing up - serves, pushes etc. I also was not very confident at all of my attack and placement was not good.

i decided then to slow things down. go as slow as possible and maximize confidence and control. 

the 999t is the slowest, and heaviest rubber Ive ever used. it is very tacky, and has a very hard sponge. but not the hardest ive used. 

I am now using a butterfly grubba pro all minus (slow) with 999t( slow, heavy, and hard) but with this combination in just a few days I am beating guys 3-0 who used to beat me all the time . 

why?
the 999t is a confidence builder!!!
-it does not catapult top spin serves that get killed back. with it you can keep most serve returns low and short! and generally control the game.
-it can push till the cows come home and not pop a push up. matter of fact, it pushes so well that the push can now become an offensive shot. you can put some action on the ball
-placement is great when pushing. it allows one to vary the push with high accuracy between long and short pushes.
-it has GREAT touch. you can really decide exactly where you want the ball and it will go there.

additionally looping with the 999t is great fun. Because its so slow, you have to really loop the ball just to get the ball spinning but now you are looping with effective technique so if you put some power behind it, it generates a lot of spin and the balls dive down hard.

of course, the best thing is it only cost $5 per side so it feels kinda great to win against people using rubber that costs 15 times more.

Edited by el luchador - 12/04/2016 at 10:14pm
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2016 at 11:14pm
Is this the one that you are talking about?

skip3119
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2016 at 11:45pm
Good for you !!

IMO: Way too many people are playing with equipment that is way too fast and expensive. 
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2016 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Is this the one that you are talking about?

no, this one

http://www.eacheng.net/999-999T-Type-p10927.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2016 at 12:02am
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

Good for you !!

IMO: Way too many people are playing with equipment that is way too fast and expensive. 

Thank you. i basically noticed that every time I slowed down my combination, i got a bit better results.

The faster rubbers are great when just practicing because everything is long and can be looped or counterloop. in a game scenario with short balls , underspin etc, not so much

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2016 at 12:04am
btw, here is a quick vid I made showing the tackyness levels.

most of it is gone but it will still pick up the ball for a split second.

Edited by el luchador - 12/05/2016 at 12:05am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2016 at 10:53am
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

Good for you !!

1+++!
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 5:34am
There are many variations of 999 rubbers. If it not too troublesome can you update pictures at the logo?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2016 at 3:23pm
sorry for the late reply. here is the image

still using this rubber and still love it. control is amazing. a 2000 player at my club hit with it and his comments were

1. it absorbs incoming spin!
2. chop block is pretty awesome
3. great chopping rubber
4. ZERO CATAPULT!
5. has great control . with this rubber the player can do whatever they want 

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2016 at 8:44pm
Does it have the "super"、"999T" stamps?

Edited by Egghead - 12/16/2016 at 9:37pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2016 at 9:13pm
yes, thats it. thanks for posting. have you played with it yet.

I would imagine that for most euro oriented players that like fast blade and catapulty rubber that this will be like ball moving in slow motion but ive got several comments that my form has improved since using it because you cant use half form with this rubber.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2016 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

yes, thats it. thanks for posting. have you played with it yet.

I would imagine that for most euro oriented players that like fast blade and catapulty rubber that this will be like ball moving in slow motion but ive got several comments that my form has improved since using it because you cant use half form with this rubber.
Not yet, eager to try LOL 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2016 at 2:34pm
please post some thoughts after you do. thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 1:37am
Ive started handing it to my opponents who are not as good as me to give it a try. When I play people who are obviously scared of their tenergy  etc combos, cant keep the push going and basically half attack long placements, i'll hand it to them and say "here try this, and guess what the improvement is instant. you can pretty much see the look of revelation on their face like:

so this is why this old,fat, slow guy is beating me - his racket has crazy control!

Edited by el luchador - 12/18/2016 at 1:39am
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 6:54am
Recently an older fella in my club asked me what I think of one his combos, so he gave a Primorac Carbon with the 999t......I was astonished how good the combination was. Long ago I used to play with this rubber, but on my blades and Ididn't like it-too slow, so I bought 999N and with speedglue it was WOW.....but the PC with the red 999t was/is WOW too even now with the new shitty balls
Another proof how important the compatibility between rubber and blades is
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 8:05am
Thanks for the excellent review of the rubber, OP! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Recently an older fella in my club asked me what I think of one his combos, so he gave a Primorac Carbon with the 999t......I was astonished how good the combination was. Long ago I used to play with this rubber, but on my blades and Ididn't like it-too slow, so I bought 999N and with speedglue it was WOW.....but the PC with the red 999t was/is WOW too even now with the new shitty balls

hey thanks for posting. 

I have moved mine from the butterfly grubba pro all- to a dhs tg7-al and its still great.
the tg7al has a smaller head than the grubba so i was able to cut some weight there. its also faster than the grubba. i think all+??

anyhow, it still has a FANTASTIC short game but now I can blast balls past my opponents. It really funny the bewildered look on faces when Im playing a controlled short game then BAM fast shot with side spin. 

Edited by el luchador - 12/18/2016 at 10:52pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by edgy edgy wrote:

Thanks for the excellent review of the rubber, OP! 

You are welcome. I am about to order 10 sheets of this rubber and it will still be less than one sheet of tenergy.

btw, recently I own and have used the following 

dhs hurricane 2
dhs pf4
kokutaku blutenkirsche japan super tacky
729 fx
geospin tacky
729 fx-c (control)

and I like the 999t better than all of them.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2016 at 12:43am
You may want to try this rubbers

or

Edited by Egghead - 12/19/2016 at 12:43am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2016 at 3:25pm
hi, tell me more about those rubbers?

as I said, Im dropping an order for 10 sheets and what I want to do is use 6 sheets for three different blades and find the rubber/blade combo I like best and still have four sheets for tournament days
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2016 at 9:25am
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

the 999t is the slowest, and heaviest rubber Ive ever used. it is very tacky, and has a very hard sponge. but not the hardest ive used. 

Hello, can you tell me what color are the sponges on the Black and Red versions and if they had any text?
also, did it had the corners trimmed like Egghead's photo or completely square?
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2017 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Is this a special or factory Tuned Version?... or is this how it comes under the red packaging?
sponge color?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2017 at 12:33pm
I'll post a pic of the sponge a bit later. its cream colored

i dont believe it has any tuning from the factory.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Reaper Reaper wrote:

Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Is this a special or factory Tuned Version?... or is this how it comes under the red packaging?
sponge color?
I think they are OEM or substandard version Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 12:37pm

here is what the sponge looks like. Im still playing with it and still enjoying the blend of control and power at the same time its training me to execute strokes better. now when i use a tenergy weapon its deadly.
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 4:42pm
can anyone compare this rubber to hurricane 3 neo or hurricane 8 as regard durability ,speed ,spin ,throw angle ,...etc?

Edited by manraid - 01/04/2017 at 7:14pm
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by manraid manraid wrote:

can anyone compare this rubber to hurricane 3 neo or hurricane 8 as regard durability ,speed ,spin ,throw angle ,...etc?
from what i remember read online (taobao and others), it is similar to the old H3.
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 9:08pm
u mean its speed is less than either h3n or h8?
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by manraid manraid wrote:

a friend of mine had h3 on a tg7 al, same blade as i use, and we tested it out. it is very similar to h3 but h3 is a little bit more lively.

h3 I think is a little faster and per my buddy counterloops better, but at my level they were very similar.

Edited by el luchador - 01/04/2017 at 9:12pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

=============
If one is interested in, it doesn't cost much to try it out on your own blade.
skip3119
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic