Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Energy Wood vs. OC vs. Tube Light/Off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jimmyso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Energy Wood vs. OC vs. Tube Light/Off
    Posted: 08/26/2006 at 6:43am
So the question is...how do these two blades compare to each other in detail. I know the oc has more speed but whats about stiffness. I'm also thingking off these Tubes.Can anybody tell me some about them?
Know I'm playing Super Carbon with Skyline 3 on forehand. I'm now considering to change to an allwood blade after i've tested my old Energy Wood that feels much more comfortable but a little too soft with SL 3.
Please help me...the leage-competition here is starting in 2 weeks.
I would appreciate any response.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
DHS Hurricane 3 2.2 black
Butterfly Tenergy 1.9 red
Sponsored Links

SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2006 at 11:20am
Go with Offensive Classic. Stiffer and would be about similar weigth.

Tube light has the control and is stiffer but not as much as the OC. Speed is better on OC but it still has good control.

I didn't like tube because of the weight. It was too light for my tastes.

But if you ONLY play Hurricane or Skyline rubbers or heavy rubbers then maybe you might want to try the Tube Light. It will make your setup decent weight COMBINED. since I didn't like the combine weight of the heavy Skyline with a heavy blade. Just my opnion and preference though. Speed also was an issue. I didn't like the fact I had to over swing or generate speed my self. But the control was the best out of the 3 for me. Since the Energy Wood had too much flex.

- Sean

Originally posted by jimmyso jimmyso wrote:

So the question is...how do these two blades compare to each other in detail. I know the oc has more speed but whats about stiffness. I'm also thingking off these Tubes.Can anybody tell me some about them?
Know I'm playing Super Carbon with Skyline 3 on forehand. I'm now considering to change to an allwood blade after i've tested my old Energy Wood that feels much more comfortable but a little too soft with SL 3.
Please help me...the leage-competition here is starting in 2 weeks.
I would appreciate any response.
Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic