Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2016 WJTTC (Junior Boys' Singles - Final) [Video]
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2016 WJTTC (Junior Boys' Singles - Final) [Video]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 WJTTC (Junior Boys' Singles - Final) [Video]
    Posted: 12/07/2016 at 4:21pm
2016 World Junior Table Tennis Championships, 30 Nov - 7 Dec, Cape Town RSA

# JBS-Final

Edited by janus700 - 12/07/2016 at 4:22pm
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 9:17am
Thanks for the video.
Do you have Junior Girls' Singles - Final?
skip3119
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 11:42am
Yes I have it (in the same quality as jbs-final) but audio and video are totally out of sync, so I cannot publish it..... Cry
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 12:13pm
I think kid from Korea play better. I mean his technique better then Harimoto

Edited by piligrim - 12/08/2016 at 12:59pm
Dannygo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dannygo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 1:15pm
By the way Harimoto Tomokazu is Chinese. His parent were both CNT. His father (Yu) went to Japan as a table tennis coach. His mother (Ling) was CNT during 1995. For sure he learned table tennis in Japan. 
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Dannygo Dannygo wrote:

By the way Harimoto Tomokazu is Chinese. His parent were both CNT. His father (Yu) went to Japan as a table tennis coach. His mother (Ling) was CNT during 1995. For sure he learned table tennis in Japan. 
give me a break, Harimoto Tomokazu is Japanese Thumbs Down ; japan nationality act is more strict than our Canada leftist nationality act. You can ask them, who they are?LOL
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Dannygo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannygo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 2:26pm
http://butterflyonline.com/tomokazu-harimoto-12-year-old-shakes-up-the-world/
This link is from Butterfly - for sure there is no conflict of interest :)
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

give me a break, Harimoto Tomokazu is Japanese Thumbs Down ; japan nationality act is more strict than our Canada leftist nationality act. You can ask them, who they are?LOL

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70429&PID=856774&title=tomokazu-harimoto#856774
The Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70429&PID=856774&title=tomokazu-harimoto#856774

I have been wondering about this, I have assumed in the past he was born in Japan, was he?
Dannygo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannygo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 2:41pm
His father went to Japan in 1998. He is born in 2003. Yes, He should be born in Japan unless his father went back and forth (Japan/ China). The article mentioned the kid was in Japan learned table tennis when 2 years old. Very likely he born in Japan.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by The Observer The Observer wrote:

I have been wondering about this, I have assumed in the past he was born in Japan, was he?
yes, he was born in Japan. Don't think his parents are that dumb LOL

Edited by Egghead - 12/08/2016 at 3:55pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 2:55pm

Harimoto Tomokazu's parents moved from China to Japan in 1998.  Harimoto was born in Japan in 2003.
In March 2014, his father, he and his younger sister became naturalized Japanese citizens.  However his mother retained the Chinese citizenship.

Both his parents are top Chinese TT players.  His mother was a CNT player and used to play shoulder-to-shoulder with Deng Yaping and Qiao Hong on the world stage.

Edited by skip3119 - 12/08/2016 at 3:29pm
skip3119
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 2:58pm

I think kid from Korea play better. I mean his technique better then Harimoto
You are right; then may be the  Harimoto's coach actively coaching between pts helped LOLLOLLOLLOL

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 2:59pm
doesn't matter where he was born. If his parents Chinese he also Chinese.
citizenship is something else.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 3:09pm

I believe they don't think so, easily mistaken them for people from PRC LOL
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 3:14pm

I believe they don't think so, easily mistaken them for people from PRC LOL

it doesn't matter what they think. If your parents chinese, you get chinese gens. or you think because he born in Japan he got japanese gens?   

Edited by piligrim - 12/08/2016 at 3:21pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 3:32pm
Harimoto Tomokazu was born in Japan in 2003 and became a Japanese citizen in March, 2014.
He represents and plays for Japan on the World Stage.

Edited by skip3119 - 12/08/2016 at 3:33pm
skip3119
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2016 at 4:59pm
His technique looks very solid to me, like an upgraded version of Koki Niwa. I disagree with others who say his blocking/countering doesn't have a future, it is usually very good close-to-table blocking/countering that throws off the Chinese players, like Kenta and Koki. Mizutani didn't really start threatening the Chinese till he switched to a close table countering style. Definitely not as promising as Fan Zhendong was when he won the WJTTC (Fan Zhendong demolished everyone and showed the complete package of super good countering + BH receive + huge loads of power on both wings very early on), but he could very well be a top 10-20 player in the future IMO, and possibly a top 10 player if he does build good muscles and develops good powerful loops on both sides. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 1:23pm
I feel very sorry for the poor Korean runner up....he had to bear those awful yells after EVERY points Harimoto won...also after errors....which is 1000% unfair !
In a normal match, you should only hear that kind of noise either after an extraordinary point or after what the player considers to be THE key point in a particular match.

At this point, it is so overdriven !
He shouts as if he was possessed by the Devil...please can someone call an exorcist !...Or maybe Negan with Lucile.
The empire is just a coward !
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 2:01pm
there is nothing wrong with Harimoto's yells. I can understand why he do it. If I was at his age I would do same. I still do sometimes :)
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 2:31pm
So, there are no limits?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 3:15pm
no limit. its part of the game
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 3:57pm
Poor game, bad behaviours....
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Poor game, bad behaviours....
just play like Muramatsu; Harimoto was as quiet as a mouse in the world tour grand finalsLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 10:12am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Thanks for the video.
Do you have Junior Girls' Singles - Final?

Junior girls finals

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLqHpBKkHdR8559c7vlIDKrqlb-srCbixN&v=wuWW1BhWico
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 11:38am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Harimoto Tomokazu's parents moved from China to Japan in 1998.  Harimoto was born in Japan in 2003.
In March 2014, his father, he and his younger sister became naturalized Japanese citizens.  However his mother retained the Chinese citizenship.

Both his parents are top Chinese TT players.  His mother was a CNT player and used to play shoulder-to-shoulder with Deng Yaping and Qiao Hong on the world stage.

Btw what was the setup of harimoto before butterfly? It was yasak blades and rubbers but what model
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic