Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Butterfly Tackifire C vs Butterfly Tackiness Chop
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Tackifire C vs Butterfly Tackiness Chop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Tackifire C vs Butterfly Tackiness Chop
    Posted: 12/09/2016 at 7:57pm

Butterfly Tackifire C vs

Butterfly Tackiness Chop II

taw
Sponsored Links

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 8:00pm
Two different animals
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 5:49pm
so what, what is it main?
taw
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 10:00pm
Tackifire C is faster, heavier and harder and from what I remember a bit tackier
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 2:12am
I used Tackifire C for a couple of years back in speed glue days.  The tack wore off pretty quickly, and it was not really like a Chinese tacky rubber, but it was nice if you speed glued it enough that insects that flew by would instantly be drunk.  Eric Owens used it the year he won his US Nationals.  I eventually settled on Bryce though.  Tackifire C was intended to be an offensive rubber, a bit hard if I recall (so they also sold a version called Tackifire soft).  I honestly have no idea what it would be like with plastic balls and no speed glue.   I'm a bit surprised they still sell it. 
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 2:48am
I used to play with primorac carbon, M.Maze off, kong linghui special, combined with bryce in fh and tackifire special and special soft in bh for about 2 years. It was a great rubber, non tacky, with great speed, spin and control. Many balls on the table Wink 
I never played with the C, but as I know the tackifires a lot, it must be great rubber too.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 4:59am
Actually strataras' comment made me realize my last comment was wrong. Back in the day I used Tackifire Special. Not Tackifire C.

Was the C version meant for defenders? Now I seem to recall something like that.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 7:04am
It is ok Baal, I have seen attackers using C too Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 7:57am
Tackifire C was the hardest of the bonch and one of the hardest of the whole BTY.It had the properties of the Chinese but the extreme tack. I was never a big fan of it, so I still have it somewhere and it's still a bit tacky. Tackifire Drive was my preferred from the family
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 8:42am
wrong thread haha...please delete

Edited by blahness - 12/11/2016 at 8:42am
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by TAW TAW wrote:

Butterfly Tackifire C vs

Butterfly Tackiness Chop II

I have tried both of these and they are great if you like a mid-tacky rubber but not such a hard, dead sponge like some Chinese rubbers.  I would not hesitate to buy both of these if I were you.  I don't think you will be disappointed.  They last a long time if you clean with water and cover with plastic sheet protector.  If you don't like them, post it on the FS section and I will probably buy it from you.  Good luck.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 2:42pm
I used Tackifire Special ages ago when Kong was using it. It was the grippiest BTY rubber ever seen but tackiness at all, typical hard control rubber, durable with medium speed. It was quite good for a control based player, but expensive.  At that time,  glued Bryce was far better for power loopers.  The other Tackifire was a grippy allround rubber, quite slower than SP. A friend of mine was using it w/o speed glue at it lasted ages.

BTW, who remembers the failed BTY D´OR tacky rubber that  was discountinued even before its releasing date?? 
  It was even shown in BTY catalogues even on the  ITTF technical leaflet but i´m unsure it they finally released to the market....  i wonder what happened?!Ermm

Edited by jonyer1980 - 12/11/2016 at 2:47pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic