Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Weight for CPen Blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Phthalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phthalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight for CPen Blade
    Posted: 12/16/2016 at 7:58am
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking playing penhold again after I quit for a year and a half. I'm curious what is decent set up for using RPB ? Also what is the ideal weight for the blade and what blade combination should i use ? My level is about 1800s before i quit, it been a while so i need all the help i can get.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2016 at 8:51am
I've used lot of different rubbers for rpb. I started out with Mark V back in 2009. After that I moved to spinny high throw rubbers as my strokes weren't very good then and getting the ball above the net was a challenge. I mostly looped with them spinny ones. As I got better, I wanted more speed and moved to faster ones like rakza 9 and later Acuda S1 Turbo. Overtime, I got better at flat hitting, driving and blocking. I then wanted to make things more difficult for my opponents so I moved to short pips for rpb and played mostly attacking strokes like driving and hitting. Before pips, I was amongst many people who believed pips are not good for rpb but now I can do almost anything with short pips. Recently, I've moved to medium pips, it'll take me a while to adapt my close-to-the-table attacking style but I'm sure I'll get it right with some practice. Maybe long pips will be the next step, or anti? Don't know yet.

I think yasaka goiabao with Rakza 9 for rpb will be good for you. It's good rubber with medium throw and not so heavy. For FH I like non tacky high throw rubbers. Most of them are slightly heavy, so while sticking FH rubber, you can leave some gap from the handle. This'll help cut down on some weight. Mostly, for FH use whichever rubber you like when playong shakehand, it's easier to adapt this way.
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Phthalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phthalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2016 at 9:03am
Thank you, I will be using Neo H3 Prov at least for my fh, i just dont know whats the ideal weight for the blade, as well as a suitable bh rubber
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2016 at 9:26am
Don't know what are the exact numbers of grams that makes a setup heavy or light. Perception of weight can be subjective. I never played with H3P but I'm guessing its one of those heavier rubbers.

Cpen blades have larger size so more rubber needs be glued that makes them heavier. The best way to know is by trying it.

Goiabao is 6.1mm thick, 5 ply with hard top ply and has some flex. Mine is about 85 gms and it feels quite decent as far as weight goes. Rakza 9 is good BH rubber. Its is light weight, good control and plenty fast. It can be a good first timer's rpb rubber

Edited by ronakvyas86 - 12/16/2016 at 10:09am
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2016 at 10:27am
The total weight depends on each person's preference.
If gluing two sided, blade weight around 84-86 g is probably
a better choice but some for 40+ ball blade is getting slightly
heavier. Butter Innerforce Layer ZLC is about 86 g.

H3 prov neo cutting for Cpen is about 41 g. The total will be
127 g. If you pick a backhand rubber for 40 g (some are less and
some are more), the total will
be about 167 which should be perfectly fine. Again, it depends
on your own preference. Weight above 175 g is probably too heavy.
Phthalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phthalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 5:42am
Thank you, I got a friend from Beijing who just bought the DHS 656-1 for me, weight 83g, I'll probably receive it in 2 weeks or less. Can't wait to test it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic