Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kagawa Adults Competition Division 25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kagawa Adults Competition Division 25
    Posted: 12/23/2016 at 4:06am
Hello! So recently I participated in the Kagawa Adults Team Tournament. This was my 4th time going to this tournament.

The tournament is split into 27 divisions (1 being the strongest and 27 being the weakest). I was in division 25. There were about 10 teams.

It's a cruel tournament that requires you to come first in your division to advance up one division. And since it's run twice a year, theoretically the quickest you can get from 27 to 1 is 14 years.

This year my team finally won our division (and it was very easy this time). So next year we'll be in division 24 :) The level is quite low, but the last few times we always lost against a new team rising up the ranks.

There are over 2000 people participating, so it's probably the biggest table tennis tournament in my prefecture!

If you're interested, please have a look :) Here were the final sets from 2 of the better opponents I versed. The rest were older ladies who couldn't really attack the ball at all. Sorry about the bad angle. My opponents were covering me most the time when I was hitting the ball.

2 years ago when I first joined this tournament, I lost about half my matches. This time I won all 4 I played. I know it's not really that impressive because the level is low, but I just wanted to share :) I also got a ~$20 gift voucher for a local supermarket.

Sponsored Links

balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 1:03pm
congrats!! I saw some nice rallies.
I was amazed that there are 27 divisions there. We only have 5 or 6 here including the pros. No wonder why Japanese table tennis level is so high.
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2016 at 2:51am
Thanks balldance!

Yeah, the sheer size of it is amazing. In my division it's always a bunch of very social and friendly people. Last year we ended up eating with a bunch of older ladies, and they had all these little stacks for us.

I would really like to play around division 15, but I don't think I'm good enough for it yet. If I asked my club they would probably put me in one of their teams around there. But the team I'm currently in is really nice, so I don't think I'll change. They're not so strong, but when I first started out and was really bad, they were the only people who asked me if I'd like to join them in a tournament. They also provide lunch and foot the entrance fee for the tournament. Very friendly guys. All the money comes from the club (which only costs $1 per visit, with competition balls provided).
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2016 at 3:33am
Well done! The competition is fierce. 
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic