FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic Rubber Warmer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 9:05pm
I don't know what else is more useless than a battery-powered hair dryer. A mere 400-watt one lasts 15 minutes only.

http://www.smarthomekeeping.com/best-battery-powered-hair-dryers/
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Sponsored Links

hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2016 at 12:49am
As someone who lives in the arctic I can say that a rubber warmer would be useful to a small market of players but even then, most of us just use our breathe to warm up our freezing rubber lol..... maybe it is useless
<3
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2016 at 9:32pm
So it has come to this...
I would rather had a discussion on dwelltime.

EDIT:

Happy New Year everybody!

Edited by JacekGM - 12/30/2016 at 9:32pm
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2016 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

So it has come to this...
I would rather had a discussion on dwell time

LOL
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

LOOKING FOR PORTABLE HAIR DRYER.

I need not this strange thing of rubber heater. useless invention.   
Instead, I would better like to get some small-sized portable hair dryer ,wireless device working with a battery.
It is strongly needed for instant mending of the damaged racket, if the rubber covering happens to get unstuck saddenly, and there is no electrical wall plugins available near about to switch in.
I am still in search for such a device. Portable wireless hair dryer.
Could anyone help, steer me to the correct product.

Thanks.   
How does a hair dryer help with rubber that has pulled away from the paddle?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 8:21pm
By racket control guys, I didn't mean they would test for temperature.   I meant that by the time the racket was submitted for testing and only handed to the players just before the match, all the advantages of heating the rubber would have dissipated.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2017 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

LOOKING FOR PORTABLE HAIR DRYER.

I need not this strange thing of rubber heater. useless invention.   
Instead, I would better like to get some small-sized portable hair dryer ,wireless device working with a battery.
It is strongly needed for instant mending of the damaged racket, if the rubber covering happens to get unstuck saddenly, and there is no electrical wall plugins available near about to switch in.
I am still in search for such a device. Portable wireless hair dryer.
Could anyone help, steer me to the correct product.

Thanks.   
Any insight on this?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2017 at 4:30pm

I always hesitate when trying to interpret igor's insights, but my guess is that he wants it to dry water-based glue as quickly as possible.  I keep a small mains-powered hairdryer in my TT bag for this reason (doubles up for quiff-related emergencies too).
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2017 at 7:10pm
My hope was that he had some clever way to reglue rubber that is peeling along the edge.  I've got a sheet right now on my paddle that has pulled up a little along the edge.  Not enough where I want to reglue it, and I can't figure out an easy repair.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2017 at 12:00pm

My hope was that he had some clever way to reglue rubber that is peeling along the edge.  I've got a sheet right now on my paddle that has pulled up a little along the edge.  Not enough where I want to reglue it, and I can't figure out an easy repair.

With water glues....

Igor's method of getting some glue in there while holding up the rubber slightly....then blasting with hot air.....then pressing together.   That is a great way....but now if your in a hurry or do not have a hair drying close by.

So I usually just use a toothpick to apply some glue under the pulled up edge and spread around as best as you can without lifting up anymore glued area.  Then just let if flap back down and you will have to hold it together for several minutes. Putting something heaving on it for 5-15 mins like a book or something works good.  Of course it all depends on how thin the glue layer you just shoved in there is.  Sometimes I put an extra piece of edge tape there if there is no time to let it dry after pressing together.

That is really the 2 choices you have when small areas of the rubber come unglued off the edges.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2017 at 12:04pm
Oh....about the rubber warmer.....I used to warm up my rubbers by putting my towel around a large radiator pipe that was extremely hot....then wrapped the towel around my blade to warm up or get the rubbers at least up to room temp.  Easy to get it above room temp....

But as mentioned.....in time is just goes back to the room temp and this change effects your game.  Id rather deal with a consistent rubber grip/feel than have this change effect.

So to bring up a racket to room temp.....great product......to use it for advantage of getting the rubber warmer than room temps for max grip/performance.......futile attempt at best for better play performance. 
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2017 at 1:22pm
Our club isn't usually open on Sundays, but we opened yesterday because it was New Years and people thought it would be fun.  The furnace is on a schedule (meant so that the building is only warm during the regular hours when the club is open), so that meant we had to turn the furnace on manually.  However, after a couple of hours the schedule (thermostat) took over again, shutting down the furnace.  And we were having too much fun (especially those drinking beer) to bother with the furnace again.

The point of this story is that it got quite cold in our club the last couple of hours.  I could feel my rubbers getting very cold.  It made them much harder to control, to spin the ball (much less spin than usual), and to feel the ball.  Eventually, I adjusted by using loop drives all the time (instead of my preferred slow loop) because hitting the ball hard went through the top sheet and gave me control with the sponge.  Other players struggle more to adjust (the loopers, anyway) and had a rough time.

I could really see where a rubber warmer would be really helpful for this.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I always hesitate when trying to interpret igor's insights, but my guess is that he wants it to dry water-based glue as quickly as possible.  I keep a small mains-powered hairdryer in my TT bag for this reason (doubles up for quiff-related emergencies too).
just top help you'sss Iponger is talking about having a little hairdryer to warm his rubber (his little joke) in context of the thread, and not a different subject of gluing
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 3:25pm
put the racket under armpit for a few minutes. done.

also, there is such a thing as heating pads out there. Including the ones that you heat up in the microwave.

FdT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic