Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3 Neo Commercial Consistency Myth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 Neo Commercial Consistency Myth
    Posted: 12/29/2016 at 7:08am
Update: After 80 hrs of usage on each rubber (1 month)
After 2 weeks, the performance of the rubbers started to drop as the booster started wearing off. I reboosted the rubbers with another thin layer of kailin.

Topsheet: All topsheets show signs of usage.
Topsheet juiciness: The commercial has worn off the most. The OS and BS topsheets are nowhere as good as new, but still have some juiciness.
Sponge: The BS is a little bit brittle when it comes to removing glue. All the rubbers became a little bit unstable after reboost and lost some of the oomph they had on the first boost.

Overall conclusion: I can confirm that at the present cost of commercial (85 RMB), OS provincial (190 RMB) and BS provincial (280 RMB), buying a commercial sponge makes the most sense. There is very little difference in the rubbers when new and boosted. You can get 7 commercials at the cost of 2 BS provincial and at the same cost have a rubber which is always fresh.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been a lot of talk about the inconsistency of the quality of commercial H3N sheets and how provincial and national sheets are way better.

I was recently visited China and bought myself 10 sheets of commercial, 1 sheet orange provincial and 1 sheet blue provincial.
The prices of these sheets were as follows:
Commercial: 85 RMB, OS: 190 RMB, BS: 280 RMB

The hardness and the weights for 2.15mm sheets cut to a 150x157 head were as follows:
Commercial: 39, 47.2g, OS: 39, 46.8g, BS: 40, 46.2g

I cut 3 sheets of commercial from this batch of 10 and to my surprise all of them were flawless and all of them were the exact same weight.

Preparation: I prepared the sheets using Kailin booster (3 layers). Kailin is supposed to be the in booster today and is an in-between between Dianchi and Haifu. It does not make the sheet as soft as Dianchi and does not leave it as hard as Haifu. Its effect is as strong as Haifu and the effect lasts for 3 weeks like Dianchi  instead of 2 weeks for Haifu.

About my setup: TB ZLF (91 g), with H3 Neo variants and T64 on the BH side. Total weight of setup, 183g.

Commercial: As always this is a consistent do it all rubber I will use it as a benchmark for the other versions. Boosted, this is already an excellent rubber which is hard to improve on.

OS Prov: There was hardly any noticeable difference between the commercial and the provincial OS. I would not be able to differentiate between them if this was a blind test.

BS Prov: This rubber felt a little bit softer than the OS and Commercial, even though it was 1 degree harder. It also curled up faster and absorbed the booster very quickly as compared to the others. It was the same tackiness but the sponge was a little bit faster and the topsheet felt a little bit softer (due to the effect of softer sponge). The topsheet did not just grab the ball due to the tack but also due to a slightly more flexible nature.

Service game: All three are excellent. The commercial and OS are virtually the same. The BS made it easier to disguise no spin serve as a shorter jerk of the wrist could generate more variation due to the slightly more flexible topsheet. Receiving was good with all three rubbers but the BS was a bit jumpy. This meant that no spin serves were more difficult to receive if I spotted them late.

Rallying: BS was a bit easier to rally because of the softer feel. Also the topsheet felt softer and it was easier to engage the rubber properly even on slight mistiming.

Opening attack: All are great, the BS took a little bit less effort.
Lifting backspin: Al are great, no difference.
Driving backspin: BS is a clear winner. Easier to drive as the ball grab is more.

Conclusion: There is virtually no difference between the commercial and the OS prov for the first week of play. I regret paying 100 RMB extra for it.
The BS prov is neither a better nor a worse rubber. Some players may like it better. the receive game is more difficult but the open rallying is a lot easier. At more than 3 times the cost of the commercial, I do not know if its worth it for the amateur player (abut 2200-2400).
Also, I am a bit surprised when I read that commercial sheets are not consistent. AI have been through around 30 sheets and except a few bubbling up on me (4-5) the rest have played very consistent.
It is hard to justify the spending on the OS because when boosted up, they play the same.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 01/10/2017 at 7:53am
Sponsored Links

siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 7:34am
  So , was it worth the extra money ?
Siesta Key
W968
Omega Tour 7 i
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 7:42am
There is one Truth but it is suffered to believe.

There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 9:10am
Great experiment and report. Will be very interest in seeing follow up studies regarding durability and match performance
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
incarnation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incarnation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 3:59pm
I think the main the difference are the DURABILITY of the rubbers, I have play commercial version before and if you are high level amateur player and play 5 days a week, it will be dead less than 1 week. 

for nationals version you can play like 2-3 months. but the thing is I don't know how to spot whether they are commercial , provincial or national. it's very hard to tell. lot of the stores would fake it make the commercial and sell it as prov/National by changing the covers, etc. 

my questions is that where do you guys order H3 rubbers from for commercial/prov/national versions and shipped to Canada and how do you spot them if they are  Genuine or Fake?

Edited by incarnation - 12/29/2016 at 4:03pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by siestakey siestakey wrote:

So , was it worth the extra money ?

I do not think the Bs or OS are worth the extra money.
The BS is ridiculously priced. Add the cost of booster, 3 layers of glue and the time spent peeling them off, not worth it.
I think I saved a lot by not buying 10 sheets of BS.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 12/29/2016 at 7:05pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by incarnation incarnation wrote:

I think the main the difference are the DURABILITY of the rubbers, I have play commercial version before and if you are high level amateur player and play 5 days a week, it will be dead less than 1 week. 

for nationals version you can play like 2-3 months. but the thing is I don't know how to spot whether they are commercial , provincial or national. it's very hard to tell. lot of the stores would fake it make the commercial and sell it as prov/National by changing the covers, etc. 

my questions is that where do you guys order H3 rubbers from for commercial/prov/national versions and shipped to Canada and how do you spot them if they are  Genuine or Fake?

On the contrary, the BS topsheet has a couple of marks now, but the OS and commercial topsheets are as good as new after 1 week of play. I think the BS takes booster faster, but also lets out booster faster.
As for being genuine, there is no way to know. The packing looks the same. I bought it off a big shop in Beijing, but I wouldn't buy it online.
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by incarnation incarnation wrote:

They are all fake, even then "commercial" one.
There is a huge fake system, where the "pro" is better than the "commercial".

Please open your mind and think far beyond to that.

Falco is not a booster
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 8:42pm
I suspect sone of this relates to both the legendary inconsistency of regular commercial H3 and to the fact you used to be able to play with anything if you speed glue it enough. Remove tuning from your test and see if they are reproducible.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2016 at 1:15pm
Well, you might feel they are pretty much the same in short term. But the provincial or national will out last the commercial ones. I've personally used all of them, with the same amount of usage, commercial ones will get dull on the sweet spot of the rubber faster than my provincial or national.

For those who say it's fake, you can always stick with regular western or japanese rubber. After all, the H3 goodness is not for everybody.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2016 at 2:47pm
Quote I was recently visited China and bought myself 10 12 sheets of commercial, 1 sheet orange provincial and 1 sheet blue provincial.

Amen.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 5:20am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Quote I was recently visited China and bought myself 10 12 sheets of commercial, 1 sheet orange provincial and 1 sheet blue provincial.

Amen.

I bought them from a very reliable shop which wad recommended by a forum member.

What makes you think they are fakes? I forgot to get photos, perhaps I will get them once I visit again in Jan 2017.

https://goo.gl/photos/WQCFvFEe89gLNk8X8
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 8:53am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Amen.

I bought them from a very reliable shop which wad recommended by a forum member.

What makes you think they are fakes? I forgot to get photos, perhaps I will get them once I visit again in Jan 2017.

https://goo.gl/photos/WQCFvFEe89gLNk8X8

He did mean they were all "commercial". He did not mean they were all fake.
However, don't feed the hungry fat dragon again!

Falco is not a booster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2017 at 8:57am
Updated.
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2017 at 3:32am
ashishsharmaait, Could you please apply photos of the topsheets and sponges of the rubbers. I'm affraid of getting fakes, buying DHS products. Did they change the serial code stamps on the sponge? I can remember it was something like P111215 something, that was production date bla bla and now on recent rubbers I can see something like different code of more letters and less figures like ADXA1145 something.
I'm talking about commercial Neo versions.
Thanks

Edited by BaiMile - 01/11/2017 at 3:33am
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 2:41pm
likely fakes and all commercial just in different color. neo blue isn't sold via retail. also, when i bought neo provincial from stores, they were still not as good as the ones received from players. that's why i stopped using hurricane

also, perception of difference is subjective, depending on your level of touch and technique. i can feel the difference immediately between commercial and provincial even without boosting, let alone national.

for avg <2000, provincial may not be worthwhile. if you require precise control and a more elastic rubber, provincial is the most economic. national is not worth the money unless you're world class considering we have plenty of 2600+ using provincial.

Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 6:20pm
As luck would have it I am in Beijing right now, and have a Blue Provincial I bought from a very reputable store. Although I have given up trying to convince people, I will post photos of the rubber today.... to each his own I guess.
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 6:37pm
China is very well-known as a country to produce massive quantity of fake products.
Before, people there have taken very carefully their "reputation".
Nowadays, there is no reputation left, especially if you are foreigner.
Falco is not a booster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 9:15pm
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiInBrFf4inFgQHg9HlknnM199N7

Here are the photos, forgive the quality. I am not carrying my camera.
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 9:47pm
I think it not fake Smile
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 9:55am

I want buy 1 sheet same your rubber. Can you help me?
Schlager72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by MVCSGN MVCSGN wrote:

Check prott.vip
M.Maze
FH H3 Neo (prov)
BH MX-P
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Schlager72 Schlager72 wrote:

Check prott.vip
My friend had buy at prott.vip, but quaility not good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 11:53pm

Which version did your friend buy & what quality problems did he face?
M.Maze
FH H3 Neo (prov)
BH MX-P
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 12:05am

Which version did your friend buy & what quality problems did he face?
This is H3-NT-Blue. It isn't similar.

Edited by MVCSGN - 01/21/2017 at 12:39am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 2:04am

Are you saying its a fake? I hope You've already confirmed the serial number on the official DHS site to make sure? Also did you raise your concerns with "Zhang" the owner of prott?

@ OP, Not sure if this conversation is welcome here....
M.Maze
FH H3 Neo (prov)
BH MX-P
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 3:23am

Are you saying its a fake? I hope You've already confirmed the serial number on the official DHS site to make sure? Also did you raise your concerns with "Zhang" the owner of prott?
@ OP, Not sure if this conversation is welcome here....

I'm not said its a fake Smile. So they aren't similar i not believe.
I have experience when chose H3. I can see, smell, skull...but can't check serial number. Because i do undertand production from Chinese Wink
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 7:13am

Icanget itfor you the nexttime I visit beijing. OrI canpmyou the shop number/address. The owner's son William, can speak some broken english but enough to communicate by email.
This shop was mentioned by forum member Jasonz andhas some of the best rates in Beijing. Selection is small though.
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 7:20am
[/QUOTE]
Icanget itfor you the nexttime I visit beijing. OrI canpmyou the shop number/address. The owner's son William, can speak some broken english but enough to communicate by email.
This shop was mentioned by forum member Jasonz andhas some of the best rates in Beijing. Selection is small though.[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much. This is my email: [email protected] 
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 8:55pm
Just put H3 Neo Provincial Blue Sponge 39/2.1 on the Fan Bo ALC blade. It is exactly like I remembered it from past - my best FH rubber ever. I'll report back about durability. Hope it'll not be too soon with 4-6 hours per week.
Tips for those who is interested    - Fan Bo ALC (2)   - is made for linear eurojap rubbers (like MX-S) and Chinese style rubber. With tenergy like rubber you will get - blade non-linearity * rubber catapult - didn't like it at all. Good blade, though thin handle, low quality top ply of wood - but...it's good. And the price..! -))
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic