Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

For those that live in Bangkok (meet up)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Johnny2WL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny2WL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For those that live in Bangkok (meet up)
    Posted: 01/02/2017 at 10:50am
and want to get together to play, send me a PM, I'll be there from Jan 13-17, will have the afternoons free. Hua Hin from Jan 6-12 if anybody's in the area.
achoomai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2017 at 7:41am
Where do you stay in BKK ?
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
Johnny2WL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny2WL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2017 at 8:04am
Hotel's in Saladaeng Soi 2. I plan on visiting some shops also. TT session, cold beer after?
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 2:59am
Johnny it's a good chance you contact achoomai via PM.
He owns a lovely TT store at Ramintra(close to Fashion Island mall).  Guys over-there are great players you would enjoy.PS  I cannot promise a beer session after TT session, lolz.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 10:43am
Try the shop near bangwa station.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Johnny2WL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny2WL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 11:07pm
Thanks for the info/leads, keep them coming!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 1:46am
http://www.shanghaisportthailand.com/web/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3

site and travel maps for Bangwa TT shop
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 4:34am
Yup thats the one. Tenergy there costs like 50usd and the tibhar evolutions are 30usd
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

Johnny2WL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny2WL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2017 at 8:49am
It's on the "places to go list". Tenergy for 50USD is unheard of, not even in HK, and even their Tibhar Evolution prices are a bit cheaper than my usual HK shops (albeit just by a couple dollars). I will post my experience here after-it's the right thing to do!
Johnny2WL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny2WL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 6:27am
What can I say, the land of a thousand smiles has been very good to me. My wife and I have gone sightseeing, eaten delicious Thai food, and have visited a few TT shops! A special shout out to forum member Crowsfeather who I've been communicating via PM with; he has given me some great tips and information. The Bang Wa shop indeed has great service, and good prices. Butterfly Thailand (corporate office) changed locations recently, they are now a bit farther from Silom but it's just a few minutes via Taxi. The staff was very helpful and patient while I criteriously weighed, inspected (I bring my own digital calipers and portable digital jewelry scale) and bounce tested SEVERAL blades before selecting a few.

Stopped by a couple more shops, one with great experience and the other a total letdown. So it goes!

I'll be offering some Butterfly items for sale soon-I've bought a few nice blades thanks to this forum so now's my turn to pay it fwd so to speak!

Pics coming in a few days when I'm finished travelling, or if one of the members here can post for me I'll happily send some pics via email so you can post here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 11:33pm
I'm so sorry I could meet you on that Sat, SS shop is closed anyway.
BTW, there is national cup at Fashion island this weekend sat/sun.
Top national/ pro players will be there.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 3:24am
Johnny2WL, you sound so inspiring. Can you please share a bit more details like, addresses , brands,some prices. Ill be there 6 days in the beginning of February and will be more than happy to visit at least one shop. Prior BK I'll be visiting Kuala Lumpur for couple of days and plan to see a shop there as well(Lucky Sports) Ill be glad if someone could share some thoughts about prices of tt goods in both KL and BK. I'll be staying on Rambuttri Banglumpoo Pranakorn, BK and in Melange Boutique hotel in KL
4x Hallmark Carbon Extreme
FH: T64 and Similar
BH: Nothing Helps
Johnny2WL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny2WL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 4:27am
You bet, I'm on the road now but I'll send you a PM in a bit, Crowsfeather gave me some really good tips which I'll share with you also, as well as some of my own observations! Cheers
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 5:44am
Johnny, if you wanna buy cheap but quality clothes for your wife, try platinum plaza. In front of that on the 2nd floor they sell very delicious rice noodles (stir fried). Also, the pork jerky they sell in that area are good too.

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 3:06am
Anyway, the last time in BK I visited a small shop, too small to reward the efforts to find it.......
4x Hallmark Carbon Extreme
FH: T64 and Similar
BH: Nothing Helps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 10:36pm
Forget to mention, Bangwa shop is no longer BTY distributor.Sadly but no more crazy Tenergy discount.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 1:00am
Does achoomai's store in bangkok carry butterfly n tibhar?

Johnny2WL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny2WL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 2:14am
I'm not sure, hopefully someone can chime in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Does achoomai's store in bangkok carry butterfly n tibhar?
He mainly sells Sanwei,Gewo, Air, Drneubauer, Spinlord
There are some BTY Yasaka blades at his store.

achoomai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 8:58am
You can visit www.pingponghouse.com
Even it is in Thai , google translate might help.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic