Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hurricane 3 Neo which sponge and thickness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane 3 Neo which sponge and thickness
    Posted: 01/03/2017 at 4:54pm
I have only ever bought H3N from uk.
they never state the sponge hardness, im not even sure which thickness and hardness I have been using.

having recently discovered prince of tt (thanks Andy Smith) I see you can buy 39, 40 or 41 degrees at 2.15 or 2.2mm

what would the relevant differences be, I guess the differences are like eg aurus sound and soft.

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Sponsored Links

mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2017 at 5:13pm
I would choose definitely 2.15mm and 39hardness(harder would be ok). 2.2mm less control ,bit more speed bit more spin on certain shots(2.15mm 39deg has plenty of both).Also you have a better feeling for the ball with 2.15mm then 2.2mm.
 39deg would need less booster to become bit softer (and friendly to engage the sponge)then the harder options. 2.15mm and 39deg should also be the lightest option.

Edited by mttgfg - 01/03/2017 at 5:14pm
MVCSGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVCSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2017 at 11:13pm
I see soft of degrees: 39 > 40 > 41
If we used H3 for BH would choose 39/2.15 (i using a H3 37/2.15)
Renol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 1:28am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

they never state the sponge hardness, im not even sure which thickness and hardness I have been using.

having recently discovered prince of tt (thanks Andy Smith) I see you can buy 39, 40 or 41 degrees at 2.15 or 2.2mm

what would the relevant differences be, I guess the differences are like eg aurus sound and soft.

Do you intend to boost your H3N?

If you are playing in official ITTF tournament, you may want to go for 2.15mm as there is a possibility that 2.2mm may fail the racket control.
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial)
BH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial)
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 2:22am
2.15 has better feeling and is equal in all other regards compared to 2.2mm and gives more room for boosting.

40 degrees is a better place to start.  If you have a full proper brush stroke, the harder sponge has a higher throw which works better with a brush stroke.  The whole point of using H3 is for the harder sponge and the brilliant spin.   If you want to use a softer sponge, there are plenty of Euro/Japanese rubber options available for the compact swing stroke.  

If you are boosting, the best boosters facilitate H3's qualities; i.e.  increasing spin and speed while maintaining sponge hardness and crispness.  The worst boosters make the sponge soft and dead and lower the throw.  If that's the intent, then you're better off with a softer Euro/Japanese rubber.  

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 5:45am
Originally posted by Renol Renol wrote:

Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

<div id="sconnect-is-installed" style="display: none;">

Do you intend to boost your H3N?

If you are playing in official ITTF tournament, you may want to go for 2.15mm as there is a possibility that 2.2mm may fail the racket control.

No not for boosting!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic