tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2017 Hungarian Open 17- 22 January

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 Hungarian Open 17- 22 January
    Posted: 01/03/2017 at 8:51pm
The event is coming in two weeks. No main CNT players will be there. But Zhou YU, Yan An etc will be there. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2017 at 8:56pm
LJK will play too and it appears that he is not seeded
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 2:00am
CHEN Meng, ZHU Yuling, FANG Bo and WU Yang don't cancel their entry yet Clap
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 2:37am
Very rare for Japan to not enter, due to the overlapping schedule with the All-Japan Championships.

Edited by zeio - 01/04/2017 at 2:39am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
topspin25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspin25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 7:09am
My pick for the winner of this tournament is LIANG Jingkun. He just beat Ma Long in the Chinese Super League.
JaxTTC- www.eteamz.com/jacksonvilletabletennis
Butterfly Power 7
Hurricane 3 Neo
Tenergy 64
Tt Gold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 9:05am
More importantly he was the first one to beat fzd in the cttsl if I remember correctly
99ttproblems View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99ttproblems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 9:44am
I always thought Yan An had the most potential, maybe 2017 is his year to make a breakthrough.  
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 10:14am
I think Yan An is done for future big improvement. His style almost guarantees inconsistency in  results, which CNT does not like.

The china forum has been saying that FZD will be the future ML, LJK the future ZJK. Maybe Zhou Yu will be the future XX, or WCQ be the future XX?
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 10:41am
The era of ML, XX and ZJK coming to an end?
So much innovation. I think we need to enjoy the next year or so.
>60yo, 60lbs overweight

Darker Speed 90 + Tibhar EL-S / EL-S

When all else fails, there is always delusion.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 11:06am
I think the era of ML, ZJK,and XX is about to come to an end. ML and ZJK are 29 this year. When did WLQ, Ma Lin, and Wang Hao retire? I remember at about this age. It is just hard for them to play to the next Olympics. And if they can not, they will just retire. I am not sure whether ZJK will play the WTTC this year.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99ttproblems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 11:32am
I thought ZJK was contemplating retirement after the Olympics loss to ML, or were those just rumors? As for the era coming to an end, yeah for sure.  I think we will start to see it shape that way this year, or maybe next. 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 11:37am
The quota remains at 12 players. (Due to budget?)
But it sends some young players to gain experience on the world stage -
rather than ML, FZD, XX.
===============
Wu Yue of USA entered.

Edited by skip3119 - 01/04/2017 at 11:43am
skip3119
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 3:27pm
WLQ and MLin played way past 29 years old, retiring at 35 and 33. WH retired a bit earlier than those two at 31.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 3:36pm
Oh, WLQ did retire at a late age. But I think WLQ and MLin did not have good tournament results before their retirement, right? (I am not sure). I think ML might play until the end of next Olympics, but if he get married this year, will it impact his performance?  
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 3:45pm
Expect ML, ZJK and XX to play another 3 or so years.

After the Rio Olympics, TT is a big hit in China right now. LGL has expressed he will take the helm until Tokyo Olympics, in face of the rise of Japan.

Marriage will certainly have a big impact on performance, as witnessed firsthand by WH, Ovtcharov, Mizutani, and XX. As FB said in his live cast, the body stamina can't keep up with the demands.

ML is gonna be in the role of MLin in 2010, a roadblock of sort.

Edited by zeio - 01/04/2017 at 3:53pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 3:54pm
If ML, ZJK, and XX keep playing, there is little chance for younger players like LJK and WCQ to play on the world stage. And when these three retire, CNT will have only FZD. If I am LGL, I will give more chance to the young players for this Olympics circle.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 4:11pm
If anything, 2017 will be a crucial year for the young guns. Back in 2008, ML was the only promising new star. Then came 2009, ZJK and XX appeared out of the blue. I will start to worry if they still have not established their places by 2018.

Edited by zeio - 01/04/2017 at 4:14pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
blahness View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2017 at 11:09pm
Liang Jingkun definitely has the most promising technique among the young generation besides Fan Zhendong....think he should win this one
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 8
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 1:04am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Liang Jingkun definitely has the most promising technique among the young generation besides Fan Zhendong....think he should win this one

Technique? Come on... you can't be serious. He's a typical roid rage kid, trying to win all points by being faster and more powerful than you, not by strategy and placement or touch or tempo change or that sort of stuff. How many beautiful points from him have you seen? I know you have seen some crazy fast points that are just mind boggling bam-bam, but its kind of dumb bam-bam. The rallies of ML, ZJK and XX are more pleasant to want. FZD's game is not my thing either. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 1:07am
ZJK is too slow to play competitively against CNT and he should retire. He is just too slow now. Knowing his character.. i don't see him as a coach either. He is done. I trust zeio but I just can't imagine a scenario where ZJK hangs around for 3 more years.
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 2:48am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

I think Yan An is done for future big improvement. His style almost guarantees inconsistency in  results, which CNT does not like.

The china forum has been saying that FZD will be the future ML, LJK the future ZJK. Maybe Zhou Yu will be the future XX, or WCQ be the future XX?

YAN AN IS better than any player in the world (not in the CNT)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 5:10am
Just got back from China.  Ma Long very large picture was everywhere on ads for Audi cars.   ZJK and Klay Thompson pictures were evsrywhere for Li Ning.

So I asked my in laws who was more popular, Ma Long or Steph Curry?  Their answer was  something like "nobody cares about table tennis anymore".  And tbey then proceeded to argue with each other for literally 30 minutes about who had a greater legacy, Ma Long or ZJK?  LOL. Proving that Zeio is correct. TT is still big there, and tbe top guys have big financial incentives to keep playing.

I should also add that walking around in my Houston Rockets t-shirts made me popular in this medium sized city in SW China.
blahness View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Technique? Come on... you can't be serious. He's a typical roid rage kid, trying to win all points by being faster and more powerful than you, not by strategy and place0ment or touch or tempo change or that sort of stuff. How many beautiful points from him have you seen? I know you have seen some crazy fast points that are just mind boggling bam-bam, but its kind of dumb bam-bam. The rallies of ML, ZJK and XX are more pleasant to want. FZD's game is not my thing either. 

It may be an ugly game but it sure works beautifully coz he is very good at the topspin rallies on both wings, and decent BH flip. Zhang Jike had the same game for years, just flipping the shit out of the short serves and forcing rallies where he is supremely strong at.
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 8
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 7:42am

Zhou Yu for sure won't show improvements in future. I bet on Wang Chuqin 
VladCeller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

CHEN Meng, ZHU Yuling, FANG Bo and WU Yang don't cancel their entry yet Clap

I wonder if Wu Yang will allow to reach the finals or even the semi-finals? Smile

Wu Yang enters the ranking list for the ITTF 2/2017 at number 9 or number 10?

6   - CHENG I-Ching  -  3064
7   - HAN Ying            -  3056
8  - CHEN Meng         - 2940(+Hungarian Open)----?

- WU Yang             -  2900(+Hungarian Open)----?

- ITO Mima              -   2951
-----------------------------------------------------------
11 - HIRANO Miu        -   2928

Edited by VladCeller - 01/05/2017 at 9:17am
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99ttproblems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

YAN AN IS better than any player in the world (not in the CNT)

I was really looking forward to Yan An playing at Joola NA teams last year (2015), but he ended up not coming.  Has he ever played in any leagues outside of China? like German?

Edited by 99ttproblems - 01/05/2017 at 9:39am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 1:37am
WCQ may be the next CNT leftie. He has a better FH than XX. Yes, I said FH, not BH. I was never a fan of XX's FH. Too much side spin and overall spin and is a little slow and lobby. WCQ's FH is a gunshot, the way a FH is meant to be.
Tt Gold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 5:47am
Don't forget yu zijang
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Don't forget yu zijang

he is not consistence
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2017 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

WCQ may be the next CNT leftie. He has a better FH than XX. Yes, I said FH, not BH. I was never a fan of XX's FH. Too much side spin and overall spin and is a little slow and lobby. WCQ's FH is a gunshot, the way a FH is meant to be.

No wonder you hate choppers, they reveal the depth of your statements.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
True Carbon FL
FH: Genius Max B
BH: Genius Max R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic