tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2017 Hungarian Open 17- 22 January

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

I think it is actually in the round of 32, not the qualification round that they meet. 
==========

It's about Yan An vs Liang Jingkun.

No.  Round 32 has not started yet,  it will be tomorrow.
My guess is that it happened in the Preliminary Rounds.
They now call it:  Men's Singles (Pre. Rounds)  -----  or Round 64

Edited by skip3119 - 01/18/2017 at 9:40pm
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 10:41pm
With the old-interface/old-design, it is very easy to find out the players that Yan An and Liang Jingkun beat - prior to these two players ran into one another.

But for the new-interface/new-design, I can not find this information.
===================

Also the old-interface/old-design is much easier to search the video on ITTF/itTV.

e.g. If one wants to watch the videos of Germany's players.
      Go to ITTF/itTV, then search "GER".
      Or one can search a particular player's name.

Edited by skip3119 - 01/18/2017 at 10:58pm
skip3119
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 3:50am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

With the old-interface/old-design, it is very easy to find out the players that Yan An and Liang Jingkun beat - prior to these two players ran into one another.

But for the new-interface/new-design, I can not find this information.

Click on the link I sent earlier, select Men's Singles (Pre Rounds), scroll the Round of 64 list down (or use CTRL-F to search via your browser for the name you want).  You can see that Yan An played Simon Berglund and LJK played Jens Lundqvist.

Also the old-interface/old-design is much easier to search the video on ITTF/itTV.

e.g. If one wants to watch the videos of Germany's players.
      Go to ITTF/itTV, then search "GER".
      Or one can search a particular player's name.

I really disliked the old itTV layout with the one crazy column on the left side, tiny font size, lots of vertical scrolling.  I don't much like the new layout either but for different reasons - I would rather see the query results as a list of rows than a grid, for example - but the new site works much better on mobile devices in terms of layout, and the switch to a different video streaming tech means I can watch it on far more platforms (android, iOS).

How were you searching for "GER" players on the old site skip?
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 8:54am

Does anyone watch Yan An vs Liang jingkun?
========
An ongoing great match.
7th game coming up.
========
Update:  Match was over. Worthy to watch the replay.

I think Yan An serves are illegal. he is blocking ball with free hand when he serves
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 10:44am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Click on the link I sent earlier, select Men's Singles (Pre Rounds), scroll the Round of 64 list down (or use CTRL-F to search via your browser for the name you want).  You can see that Yan An played Simon Berglund and LJK played Jens Lundqvist.
[/QUOTE]
=======================

Thanks for the information, it helped.
One more thing:  Can not see the Qualification Groups.
--------------------------------------

Ctrl/F, then type in "GER", press Enter.
The screen may go all the way UP, and you can not see anything.
*** Then use mouse to bring it down.
*** I did that many times before, when I searched "CHN" players.

Edited by skip3119 - 01/19/2017 at 10:44am
skip3119
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 10:48am
Robinot - Lob, lob, lob, net, around the net, switch hands smash.

Vladi - Sure, whatever.  Cool

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1629132417116755&id=170002659696412

Edited by AndySmith - 01/19/2017 at 10:48am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 11:00am

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

=======================

Thanks for the information, it helped.
One more thing:  Can not see the Qualification Groups.
--------------------------------------

Ctrl/F, then type in "GER", press Enter.
The screen may go all the way UP, and you can not see anything.
*** Then use mouse to bring it down.
*** I did that many times before, when I searched "CHN" players.

Yeah, obviously you can see the results of the Qualification Groups by going to the Event Info tab and clicking on Qualification Day 1.  I don't know how you can see the groups themselves though.

Now, about the way you were searching before.  You weren't using a feature of the website, you were using a feature of the browser itself.  It worked because the old format was more of a big list.  This may have been a happy accident rather than by design, I don't know.  I can understand why this approach may not have been thought about during the migration, or at least not prioritised as important.  I still think they need more searching functionality in the video sections - free text would be the best addition here.  But this isn't the finished article - now that the migration to the new site has been done, more work will be done to improve things as time goes on I'm sure.  We are more likely to see changes to the new site than we were to the old one for sure.  No point flogging a dead horse - investing in the old site would have been a waste of time and money.

Edited by AndySmith - 01/19/2017 at 11:02am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 12:09am
Qualification Day 1 and Qualification Day 2, those are qualification matches.

Qualification Groups:  There are a lot of Groups, but can not see the players in each Group.  Each Group usually has 3 or 4 players.  The programming team members must not be TT fans, I guess.
skip3119
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 10:38am
i just watched a match between two chinese girls. The one who lost (11:13 in 7th) has 100% men's technique. I should say Chinese men. Nobody in European men or chinese womens national team have technique like that. LXX, LSW and DN do not have a good technique AT ALL, in men's terms. 
I think her name is CHEN Xingtong. I think bright future ahead.
Unfortunately, just like many successful feminists, she is absolutely unattractive. To straight people. Common problem in similar scenarios.. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 10:42am
On the men's bracket, it is unfortunate that chinese men have to play each other. They should place some rules for this to be avoided. Not that I care for any of those chinese players and wish them to win or something, but we have VERY FEW opportunities to watch the SECOND TIER play vs Europe, and results have historically been interesting. Second tier will regularly trip CNT in the superleague, but in Europe they always falter. 
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

i just watched a match between two chinese girls. The one who lost (11:13 in 7th) has 100% men's technique. I should say Chinese men. Nobody in European men or chinese womens national team have technique like that. LXX, LSW and DN do not have a good technique AT ALL, in men's terms. 
Unfortunately, just like many successful feminists, she is absolutely unattractive. To straight people. Common problem in similar scenarios.. 

The one lost is actually Che Xiaoxi
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 11:52am
Hmm Shang Kun took down Zhou-Yu 4-0, and Gauzy lost 1-4 to Lin GaoYuan

Looking back there are so many CNT participants in this tourney!
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo FH
Acuda P2 BH
Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon Penhold
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

The one lost is actually Che Xiaoxi
Don't believe Che Xiaoxi has any future in CNT at all. She is too old and loses to foreigners all the time Embarrassed
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 1:35pm
Calderano vs Yan:  2-2.

Can Calderano take out a CNT-A team member?

Edited by skip3119 - 01/20/2017 at 1:44pm
skip3119
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 1:36pm

Calderano vs Yan:  2-2.

Can Calderano takes out a CNT-A team member?

hope he does
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 1:42pm
who is the A team? I don't think Yan An has been in A team for a while.. FB is #5
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 1:45pm
THe A-Team is just about everyone in Super League who is on the CNT with a few minor exceptions, mostly former A-Team members or talented B-Team members.  The B-Team is mostly juniors.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 1:45pm
THe A-Team is just about everyone in Super League who is on the CNT with a few minor exceptions, mostly former A-Team members or talented B-Team members.  The B-Team is mostly juniors.
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 1:46pm
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 1:47pm
Calderano in the lead, this is quite the development here...
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo FH
Acuda P2 BH
Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon Penhold
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 1:54pm
going to 7th....

:)
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 1:54pm
CNT-A has about 20 members.
I think Yan An is a CNT member.
But Victor doesn't think so.

What are you guys' opinion?

Edited by skip3119 - 01/20/2017 at 1:58pm
skip3119
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 1:58pm
to me the A team is the top 5 who get sent to ITTF world championship.

But the real proof he is not on the A team is that he is playing the Hungarian Open right now. Because LGL didn't send the A team.. :)

Edited by Victor_the_cleaner - 01/20/2017 at 2:01pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 2:04pm

to me the A team is the top 5 who get sent to ITTF world championship
==============

Oops, Victor_the_cleaner has his own definition of CNT-A members,
which is different from everybody else's.
skip3119
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 2:19pm

to me the A team is the top 5 who get sent to ITTF world championship
==============

Oops, Victor_the_cleaner has his own definition of CNT-A members,
which is different from everybody else's.

Listen, you are a little slow and I put conscious effort to avoid getting my hands dirty with you. Because you are slow. But you are gona have be careful when you talk to me or you will get it. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 2:31pm

CNT-A has about 20 members.
I think Yan An is a CNT member.
But Victor doesn't think so.

What are you guys' opinion?

cnt is 24 juniors and 24 seniors plus 48 women. yan an went down since i saw playing yan vs lundquist

the deal will be shang kun vs vladi
The Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 3:04pm
Just realized Shang Kun, Zhou Yu and Lin GY are all lefties from China, that is got to be some kind of record.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 3:35pm
Yan An draws Fang Bo in the quarterfinals.  Eliminates the possibility of an all Chinese semi-finals.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2017 at 4:30pm
CNT don't call their team A or B actually, it Team I and Team II. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic