tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2017 Hungarian Open 17- 22 January

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 5:58pm
Either his boosting job was bit too much or fang was on a bad day, it seems he was missing a lot of blocks; but yan an's kill loops will do that to anybody when he is on fire; also fang attacks were often long.
I wonder if it could be yan an's year at mens singles 2017 wttc or if it's just an isolated peak that won't translate into anything major. 
After watching yan an's play during this tourney I would bet on a final ml-ya in june if they are on opposite sides of the draw.
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 6:04pm
There is room to wonder if Yan An has reached a level up after completing the same maturity process Ma Long went through during his painful years losing Wang Hao. Yan An used to be absolutely unbeatable when his forehand rip was landing but alas it was out more often than not; the possibility that he found the sweet zone where he rips as much as possible and lands is there; with inspired out of the planet occasional winning shots guaranteed.
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 7:00pm
I just do not have faith in Yan An's consistency. And Yan An rarely beat any of the top four, even in the recent events.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I am surprised the match yan an - fang bo is not commented about.

1) Fang Bo is having a bad year
2) In that match, they both did not shine, with FB being very successful in avoiding the table...
(1) Stiga Cipper Wood (ST, 92 g) with Focus 3 Snipe (red, 2.1 mm, 42 deg) on FH and 0.6mm Dr N. Desperado on BH (2) Juic SBA (Fl, 94 g) with Nimbus Soft (red max) on FH and 0.5mm Curl P1R on BH
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 9:50pm
Ratings Central already incorporated the Hungarian Open results:

(Women)  Chen Xingtong is up huge:  http://www.ratingscentral.com/Player.php?PlayerID=62545
skip3119
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 10:35pm
Yan An's style has always been about quickness, being closer to the table, and countering with excellent anticipation; but it's a risky style because if he is off just a little bit, he misses the table. And Shang Kun is not as powerful as the best, so Yan An is able to feed off Shang Kun's opens. Unfortunately, the best have too spinny and powerful opens for Yan An to be able to do that consistently - even if he can correctly anticipate where the loop is going. So Yan An has reached the limit of his kind of play. And against less orthodox styles, Yan An can lose when he is unable to correctly guess where the ball is going.

Edited by sandiway - 01/22/2017 at 10:37pm
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 6:27am
Originally posted by The Observer The Observer wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Chen Xintong is the promising one. She plays quite smartly. Wen Jia probably has better technique, but lacks variation and adaptation. 
Liu Shiwen barely beat her in super league so it is no accident. China just has so many good players. I thought Wang Manyu was quite the standout but seems there are others just as good.

Actually I saw them(LSW and CX) play twice against each other in the superleague (from J@nus videos), and they are 1:1. Both matches went to the final game. So, it seems Chen Xintong is definitely someone to watch out for.
In this Hungarian Open, CX beat Chen Meng from down 3:1 in QF, which was impressive. Although, in the final few moments of the 7th game, there was an interesting call, where Chen Meng downright lost a point(well, they gave a point to CX without playing when CM was preparing to serve) for what looked like an umpire call, for what reason I wouldn't know. I would only guess that she was taking too much time serving. Would anybody know about this?
My question though is.. could Chen Xintong be related to Zhou Xintong, whom some of us have seen a few years back when she took LXX to the final game in the superleague, and had beaten Wu Yang in that league with her unorthodox longpips-forehand/shortpips-rpb-backhand/serve-with-shortpips-and-twiddle chinese-penholder style?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pdqzjLgkGTY&t=38

Same last name and similar looks...

Edited by fortunateluck - 02/05/2017 at 6:49am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 8:19am
Originally posted by fortunateluck fortunateluck wrote:

Originally posted by The Observer The Observer wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Chen Xintong is the promising one. She plays quite smartly. Wen Jia probably has better technique, but lacks variation and adaptation. 

Liu Shiwen barely beat her in super league so it is no accident. China just has so many good players. I thought Wang Manyu was quite the standout but seems there are others just as good.

Actually I saw them(LSW and CX) play twice against each other in the superleague (from J@nus videos), and they are 1:1. Both matches went to the final game. So, it seems Chen Xintong is definitely someone to watch out for.
In this Hungarian Open, CX beat Chen Meng from down 3:1 in QF, which was impressive. Although, in the final few moments of the 7th game, there was an interesting call, where Chen Meng downright lost a point(well, they gave a point to CX without playing when CM was preparing to serve) for what looked like an umpire call, for what reason I wouldn't know. I would only guess that she was taking too much time serving. Would anybody know about this?
My question though is.. could Chen Xintong be related to Zhou Xintong, whom some of us have seen a few years back when she took LXX to the final game in the superleague, and had beaten Wu Yang in that league with her unorthodox longpips-forehand/shortpips-rpb-backhand/serve-with-shortpips-and-twiddle chinese-penholder style?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pdqzjLgkGTY&t=38

Same last name and similar looks...

xintong is her name like mary
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 9:10am
Chen Men waited too long to serve, which the umpire called and gave one point to CXT
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2017 at 2:16pm
I noticed that Chen Xingtong's ranking is now 45 in the ITTF world rankings.  Looking at her results from January, I see that she was DEDUCTED 18 Bonus points.  For what reason????  She had a great tournament 5 wins 0 losses.  BTW, her Ratings Central ranking is 12.
99ttproblems View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99ttproblems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by 99ttproblems 99ttproblems wrote:

I always thought Yan An had the most potential, maybe 2017 is his year to make a breakthrough.  

Totally forgot about this, but just wanted to say Yan An won right? i saw the results today as i was watching some highlights lol.  Not a huge tournament i know but, maybe this is the start for him? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic